Euphoric

Rewards being sent?

22 posts in this topic

It seems that rewards are being sent. I had DHL tell me they have my package, but I have received no word from either Muv Luv team or from Backerkit.

But I'm having problem figuring out what to say to customs to let it through. Only information I have is that the package is marked as " GIFT-BAGSUNDRIES", weights 9.1 pounds (4.1 kg) and that I have ordered 400$ reward with Dakimakura and shirt add-on.
The questio I have is if this is just Yuuko's gift bag or if it is everything.

1 person likes this

I also received mail from DHL, with the following information:

• Description: DESTROYER-CLASS-BETA-PLUSHIEPLUSHI
  • Total Weight: 8.2 lbs

I received my gift bag earlier when they were initially being shipped. I also had the $400 Daki version. A few questions:

1. Will we get any sort of an invoice to present to customs (something less than $400 preferably)? Where I live, if the package gets stuck in customs, we have to electronically declare the items and price.
  2. Same as Euphoric: does this package include everything? Do we receive multiple packages?

Hi everyone, we'll have a Kickstarter update within a few hours.

Feel free to continue asking questions so we can answer them in the update.

-Jason

11 minutes ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:

Hi everyone, we'll have a Kickstarter update within a few hours.

Feel free to continue asking questions so we can answer them in the update.

-Jason

Thanks for quick reply. Will eagerly await update on this matter.

On a positive note, the weights seem to imply they're not just the items being delivered. ie 4.1kg is too heavy for gift bag, same with Temuthril's plushie being 8.2 lbs.

-Jason

DHL just informed me that i have to pay EUR 61.44, and according to the information received earlier this is the package contents:

Shipment Date:  Jul 9, 2018
Weight:         1.0  LB
Pieces:         1
Service:        EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (nondoc)
Contents:       GIFT-BAGSUNDRIES

Is this the correct weight, I have the $300 Reward Tier and the gift bag was not send before...

@jevitsj can you pm me your e-mail address registered in Backerkit?

Also, the update is postponed, we're triple checking if the instructions we'll be posting in the update and here in the forums will be accepted by customs.

We expect this to be done within 24 hours or less.

Will there be information on possible individual invoices in the update post?

Hi everyone, if DHL/customs needs a response asap, please show them the "Order Confirmation" page in your personal BackerKit link.
It's the page with the full list of order details, and we've added the declared values recently to both physical and digital rewards.

-Jason

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

DHL didn't ask for an invoice but I have to pay EUR 61.44

• Advance Payment Fee (AV) € 17.54
  • DHL tax € 3.04
  • Import Taxes € 43.89

Seeing the declared price in the "Order Confirmation" I'm a little confused in the supposed declared value of the package.

If I'm adding up everything I get $300 (which would mean € 53,24 in import taxes + € 20.58 DHL = € 84,04 )

And if I add up only the pysical items, I get $130 (which would mean only € 22,14 in import taxes + € 20.58 DHL = € 42,72 )

So I'm not sure where DHL gets its information from, because € 61.44 is neither of those two.

Even if I add shipping ($20) to my calculation, I still don't get the amount I have to pay DHL in order to receive my package...

Edited by jevitsj

2 hours ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:

Hi everyone, if DHL/customs needs a response asap, please show them the "Order Confirmation" page in your personal BackerKit link.
It's the page with the full list of order details, and we've added the declared values recently to both physical and digital rewards.

-Jason

Not for everything.

2018-07-11_19h38_04.png

Yup, some digital rewards don't have values declared with them.
There are also physical rewards that's supposed to be combined with another item,
for example: Raptor American Style Decal is part of "TSF Raptor with signed sticker," we separated them because the warehouse staff requested it.

But what about the gift bag? It is listed as 15 usd but in this post

it is listed as 16,5 usd.

That's an old post. What we have now is matching the invoice attached with the packages. Please do not change it.

@jevitsj Okay, if customs decided a value and did not ask for the proof of payment... They still should've based it off the physical rewards total ($130) since the invoice attached with the packages should have the same declaration values. In which case, we still averted them from taxing the full pledge amount.

If possible, can you ask them to send you the invoice sheet? We're quite curious as well how they made the computation.

Posted (edited)

BackerKit for physical items = 130 USD

Invoice = 142 USD

The difference is due the decal (10 USD) and stickers (2 USD) which are listed withouth any value because as you said "There are also physical rewards that's supposed to be combined with another item".

Edited by nyat

Great. Now DHL suggests that digital should be taking into account. It appears they want to use that 300 or 300 plus shopping amount:

I can confirm my package got through customs and is on it's way to be delivered.

I'm paying 94$ for 420$ pledge. Which is roughly correct if the tax is from full pledge value.

43 minutes ago, nyat said:

Great. Now DHL suggests that digital should be taking into account. It appears they want to use that 300 or 300 plus shopping amount:

They shouldn't, because it's taxed by BackerKit and Kickstarter already. And even then, they are digital rewards paid under US jurisdiction.

In the invoice sheet written on the package, no digital rewards are included as well, so they shouldn't be allowed to tax it.

We also updated the decals so it's also declared $10, and added a "+$1" for rewards with the stickers so it matches the values.

Please keep us posted about this.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:

They shouldn't, because it's taxed by BackerKit and Kickstarter already. And even then, they are digital rewards paid under US jurisdiction.

In the invoice sheet written on the package, no digital rewards are included as well, so they shouldn't be allowed to tax it.

We also updated the decals so it's also declared $10, and added a "+$1" for rewards with the stickers so it matches the values.

Please keep us posted about this.

They presented me the ław upon which they based their opinion. It is article 70, paragraph 1 and 2 of the Union Customs Code. Anyway I had to change the declaration to full price that is 320 USD.

Edited by nyat

4 hours ago, nyat said:

They presented me the ław upon which they based their opinion. It is article 70, paragraph 1 and 2 of the Union Customs Code. Anyway I had to change the declaration to full price that is 320 USD.

They shouldn't be able to tax you over a thing that isn't sent on the package (and that has been already taxed to make it worse).

Posted (edited)

Now I can't change it because it went trough customs. I will get it probably today or monday. 300 PLN ~ 80 USD. Sure I could stay with the amount from invoice but I dont wanna risk a criminal case over a weeb merchandise. Now the whole case is dead. I will need to pay it.

Edited by nyat

Hi, Maxima Alter's Gift here. My Backerkit order confirmation page does not match the list of items on the DHL package (still stuck at customs):

- No price for the signed MLA manga volumes (declared $20)

- 3 Sumika figmas instead of 1 listed in the OC page (3x$15)

- What's the "ML Trilogy Physical Bundle - PS VIta (Omake)" game? (declared $20)

- All signed stickers (e.g. on the TSFs) are not declared in the shipments, while they are in the Order Confirmation page (7 cases in all)

The biggest one though is that the customs value does not match the total declared value (higher by $44); how to account for the latter?

Thanks!

Edited by The Green String
Additional information