Slump

Kickstarter's End Celebration

107 posts in this topic

What happened with the $1 backers? It nearly doubled in the last two days.

3 minutes ago, Hoshizora said:

Goodbye my money, take care o7

UHsiV8d.png

No no, I promised myself I wouldn't cry. No don't give me those puppy dog eyes, it's for a good cause. Now go! Just go my sweet cash.

2 minutes ago, Spiller said:

What happened with the $1 backers? It nearly doubled in the last two days.

Paypal happened. Alot of them were backers who switched to paypal instead and reduced the KS to $1.

1 minute ago, Nexus said:

No no, I promised myself I wouldn't cry. No don't give me those puppy dog eyes, it's for a good cause. Now go! Just go my sweet cash.

It's okay to cry. Think about the long term benefits of your actions ! B|

2 minutes ago, Nexus said:

I envy you. There's no way I could've paid that kind of money, no matter how much I wanted to. In fact, I didn't pay anything. :( 

Edited by PulakK

1 minute ago, PulakK said:

I envy you. There's no way I could've paid that kind of money, no matter how much I wanted to. In fact, I didn't pay anything. :( 

Don't feel bad about this. You're still passionate about this, right ? :)

Besides, you'll eventually get to have your share of Luv as well ^_^

Remember gentlemen, that as part of our post KS festivities, I will be Ralersteining it up with my stache! I will be... ABSOLUTELY. FUCKING. FABULOUS. AS. FUCK.

Just now, Klashvorn said:

Don't feel bad about this. You're still passionate about this, right ? :)

Besides, you'll eventually get to have your share of Luv as well ^_^

Hell yeah, I'm passionate. I just hope I'm no longer in the increasingly awkward position of having to ask my parents for money all the time when the VNs finally come out.

1 person likes this

Made another commemorative vid. since the last one, for some reason won't go further up than 240p >_>

o7

2 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Remember gentlemen, that as part of our post KS festivities, I will be Ralersteining it up with my stache! I will be... ABSOLUTELY. FUCKING. FABULOUS. AS. FUCK.

I just knew this was coming ! Prepare yourselves people ! O.o

Hell yeah, I'm passionate. I just hope I'm no longer in the increasingly awkward position of having to ask my parents for money all the time when the VNs finally come out.

let's hope it's stay that way from parents. ^^;

Dude I had to practically beg my mother to give me the 200€ I needed for this. I realize this is kinda sad coming from a 21 year old who lives with their parents, but in order to save in the name of true love, it's nothing.

1 minute ago, Curdi said:

Dude I had to practically beg my mother to give me the 200€ I needed for this. I realize this is kinda sad coming from a 21 year old who lives with their parents, but in order to save in the name of true love, it's nothing.

There is neither sadness nor shame from the act of seeking Luv !

2 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

I just knew this was coming ! Prepare yourselves people ! O.o

It will be a long road to such glorious facial hair, but I will make it happen! Just as all of you made this beautiful dream into a reality, I shall twist my mustache into such a glorious twirl that it shall bring stars to earth that we may know it is for US they shine!

But theatrics aside, give it a few weeks, I'm technically halfway there... Can already put the little twirl in the ends, just not far enough across my face. xD

The chart over backers for the raptor is great. Collector edition for comparison:
ce.png.3a2d57ee51e9cb1c97f9b96eb9621b3a.

And the for the raptor:
raptor.png.27c7bfb25214a1983a0914d235b30

Edited by Spiller

9 minutes ago, Curdi said:

WHOA! And just so you know, I'm a 23 year old who also lives with his parents, and they would rather tongue-lash me into oblivion than spare that kind of money for a game that isn't out yet. Initially, I thought that maybe I'd ask them for $60, but figured that's not worth the risk since they're already spending enough on my PhD application and test fees.

Edited by PulakK

2 minutes ago, PulakK said:

WHOA! And just so you know, I'm a 23 year old who also lives with his parents, and they would rather tongue-lash me into oblivion rather than spare that kind of money for a game that isn't out yet. Initially, I thought that maybe I'd ask them for $60, but figured that's not worth the risk since they're already spending enough on my PhD application and test fees.

That's why you have to save the little money that comes to your hands for situations like this.

I pulled in money, recruits, all to combat Beta, rubbing my nose in bloody overtime work!....All for REWARDS!

....But seriously backing this as much as I did is considered my Birthday and Christmas present so I'm glad the Kickstarter did as well as it did xD

@Spiller

Oh wow ! Instant claiming going on ! Nice ! :P

@PulakK

Your opportunity will come eventually. In the meantime, enjoy the Luv with us ! CE.LE.BRA.TION ! :D

1 minute ago, Hoshizora said:

That's why you have to save the little money that comes to your hands for situations like this.

Well, the thing is my parents have complete control over my bank accounts, and my dad's the only once with a credit card, so the only money I could spend without running over to them would be the cash from my wallet. And given how badly I wanted that tasty, tasty $220 tier with the physical codex and the collector's...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX!!! 

*pant* *pant*....Ahem, like I said, I'd have been asking for too much in any case.

2 minutes ago, Hoshizora said:

Yeah, I did that quite a bit back in high school and college, skipping lunch so I could gather enough money for that one game I was looking forward to. Good times, good times ^_^

Just now, PulakK said:

Well, the thing is my parents have complete control over my bank accounts, and my dad's the only once with a credit card, so the only money I could spend without running over to them would be the cash from my wallet. And given how badly I wanted that tasty, tasty $220 tier with the physical codex and the collector's...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX!!! 

*pant* *pant*....Ahem, like I said, I'd have been asking for too much in any case.

I don't think they should do that, your 23, you need your independence even if your still living under their roof. You should own your own bank account and whatever money you put into it. However at least you can still buy it when it goes on sale for real.

All I gotta say is, suck it other VN's on kickstarter, we don't need an anime (technically no anime) to get all this money and be popular.

#1 VNDB, #1 Kickstarter VN, #1 in our hearts.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Nexus said:

I don't think they should do that, your 23, you need your independence even if your still living under their roof. You should own your own bank account and whatever money you put into it. However at least you can still buy it when it goes on sale for real.

Some would say I should earn my independence by getting a job, which is part of the reason I'm trying for a PhD right now (the other reason being that my parents would rather I leech off them a bit more instead of rushing to the nearest job opening at McDonalds). I really don't have much of a bargaining position when I'm precisely the type of basement dweller and leech people stereotype otakus as. 

Edited by PulakK