Pyrii

backerkit Want to move pledge to Paypal, support has been no help.

22 posts in this topic

I want to move my pledge to Paypal, but I haven't been able to get a guarantee that if I do, I'll get the same package, because there's multiple packages at the amount I pledged at, plus they wanted me to keep my $1 pledge on kickstarter. This is all I've gotten from support so far:

We suggest pledging at least $1 so you'll be included in the Kickstarter backer count, then when we add you in BackerKit, you can pledge for the tiers there using Paypal :)

I'm confused. And I've been offered no other help, witht he final hours closing in I want to make sure everything is sorted.

Edited by Pyrii

17 minutes ago, Pyrii said:

I want to move my pledge to Paypal, but I haven't been able to get a guarantee that if I do, I'll get the same package, because there's multiple packages at the amount I pledged at, plus they wanted me to keep my $1 pledge on kickstarter. This is all I've gotten from support so far:

I'm confused. And I've been offered no other help, witht he final hours closing in I want to make sure everything is sorted.

What did you tier did you pledge on? And no, unfortunately you can't move your pledge to Paypal directly if you already pledged on KS (I think you can do an direct pledge on paypal if you haven't pledged anything on KS...though I'd do $1 just to be safe). I wanted to do the same, but yeah, there would be no way of tracking the limited tiers such as the raptor. I think the paypal is there for just handling backerkit and probably the non limited tiers.

When you pledge on kickstarter, after the kickstarter ends, the team sends out a survey called Backerkit. If you initially pledged a dollar, you can change what you want to have (Add tier / physical editions). Backerkit does take paypal. You pay the difference in what you add though, keep that in mind.

So say I'm on the $150 tier. The Kickstarter ends. I decide to add the gift bag when the Backerkit survey comes around. I have to pay $50 in extra for that gift bag.

However, I don't know if whole tiers will be on the backerkit as options. Stuff such as the limited Raptor tier would be impossible to track. I wouldn't risk it and stick to Kickstarter (What I had to do myself).

Edited by scottyseng

I pledges for the $800-C tier. The problem is, due to my bank being fucking terrible for international charges, I could pay up to and above £50 extra than using paypal's better rates and lower fees. That's why I'd want to move my pledge to paypal.

"I could pay up to and above £50 extra than using paypal's better rates and lower fees"

Holy shi...

About your case, I think the guys managing this kickstarter have to take care personally of this, I doubt you can use Paypal this way safely for a limited tier, unless you wait until the kickstarter ends, change your pledge to 1 , and then use paypal. Why? Well, as I said I doubt the limited tiers are gonna be eligible via backerkit, so your spot should in this case be "free" without anyone taking it. In any case I would try to contact directly any of the guys at Degica , here, on the kickstarter page or on twitter to be sure.

yeah my bank's rate spread is insane, I still pay for my webserver host through cards and know I'm paying £5 extra than I would be via paypal for an $90p/y charge.

I'm still trying to get an answer out of them but I feel like they're ignoring my e-mails via kickstarter.

Just now, Pyrii said:

yeah my bank's rate spread is insane, I still pay for my webserver host through cards and know I'm paying £5 extra than I would be via paypal for an $90p/y charge.

I'm still trying to get an answer out of them but I feel like they're ignoring my e-mails via kickstarter.

Kickstarter's message system is generally really slow (It's usually not the fault of the team either...). Yeah, the team would get more of the funds as well (KS = 10% free vs PayPal's 5%).

Maybe one of the admins can help? @Hirei, @The Muv-Luv Team, @Connor Krammer

I'm working on getting an answer. I'll get back to you guys when I know for sure. Okay, I'm back.

@Pyrii Thanks for being patient. I had a talk with the Muv-Luv team and it seems like backers can't pledge for the limited tiers via PayPal while the Kickstarter is still running. Leftover slots for limited tiers will be available via the BackerKit though, and PayPal will be accepted for those.

So it sounds like you'll need to keep your pledge in Kickstarter to be certain you get the tier you want. You could theoretically move your pledge to PayPal and grab it again when it comes up on BackerKit, but there's a risk that you won't get your slot. I personally wouldn't feel safe doing it, especially for a high-value tier like the Superior Type-C.

4 people like this

@Pyrii *blushes*

The Muv-Luv team is really busy right now, so they're a bit slow to respond. I'll be reachable through this forum for most things and I'll try to be prompt in my replies. Except when I'm sleeping, because even I'm not talented enough to answer questions online in my sleep. :P

1 person likes this

I FINALLY got a number out of my bank (Natwest) of £543 then added the currency conversion fee of 2.75% (543 * 1.0275 = 557.93) So I'd be paying £23+ more than if I did it via paypal, hmm.

Tough choice.

13 minutes ago, Pyrii said:

I FINALLY got a number out of my bank (Natwest) of £543 then added the currency conversion fee of 2.75% (543 * 1.0275 = 557.93) So I'd be paying £23+ more than if I did it via paypal, hmm.

Tough choice.

Ah, that sucks to hear. I hope it goes well.

@Connor KrammerSo my plan is to lower my pledge to $30 on kickstarter and then make up the other $770 on backerkit at the much better paypal rate. (There was math to come up with that split and I'm too tired to explain it). How does that sound.

Also more hugs because making you blush is fun.

I'm going to bed, I've been up all night looking after my sick mother. Let's hope my plan works out.

Edited by Pyrii
Meh

9 minutes ago, Pyrii said:

@Connor KrammerSo my plan is to lower my pledge to $30 on kickstarter and then make up the other $770 on backerkit at the much better paypal rate. (There was math to come up with that split and I'm too tired to explain it). How does that sound.

Also more hugs because making you blush is fun.

I'm going to bed, I've been up all night looking after my sick mother. Let's hope my plan works out.

How are you managing to stay on the $800 tier on KS though? Wouldn't it kick you off the tier once it sees you don't have all $800?

4 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

How are you managing to stay on the $800 tier on KS though? Wouldn't it kick you off the tier once it sees you don't have all $800?

Because they're saying that you'll be able to upgrade your tier on backerkit once the kickstarter ends. Unless I'm completely mistaken.

8 minutes ago, Pyrii said:

Because they're saying that you'll be able to upgrade your tier on backerkit once the kickstarter ends. Unless I'm completely mistaken.

You can...if the tier is still available to upgrade to (People might get it before you do). It's up to you if you want to take the risk though.

@Pyrii Sorry about the delay, I was sleeping. @scottyseng is right, there's risk in going via PayPal because the limited tier could sell out in BackerKit. Though the Type-C is probably one of the lower-risk limited tiers to do this with, because there are still ~50 left and it's fairly expensive.

You have an hour left to decide. :)

16 hours ago, Connor Krammer said:

I'm working on getting an answer. I'll get back to you guys when I know for sure. Okay, I'm back.

@Pyrii Thanks for being patient. I had a talk with the Muv-Luv team and it seems like backers can't pledge for the limited tiers via PayPal while the Kickstarter is still running. Leftover slots for limited tiers will be available via the BackerKit though, and PayPal will be accepted for those.

So it sounds like you'll need to keep your pledge in Kickstarter to be certain you get the tier you want. You could theoretically move your pledge to PayPal and grab it again when it comes up on BackerKit, but there's a risk that you won't get your slot. I personally wouldn't feel safe doing it, especially for a high-value tier like the Superior Type-C.

What if i pledged through Paypal while the KS was still running? It now says on KS that there was a problem with my payment and I'm scared of being double charged. I backed the 150$ physical PC version plus the 10$ for shipping. Should I ask for a refund through paypal and then try to pay it through KickStarter?

7 hours ago, Connor Krammer said:

@Maperius I answered a similar question in this thread. Let me know if you still have questions after reading it.

Thank you very much, it appears as I might have the exact same problem as that other backer. Although i do remember filling in my credit card to kickstarter.

@Maperius If your payment fails you'll still be added to the BackerKit, fortunately. If you've backed via PayPal as well as Kickstarter and for some reason you get double-charged, let one of the team members know and they'll help you work it out.

1 hour ago, Connor Krammer said:

@Maperius If your payment fails you'll still be added to the BackerKit, fortunately. If you've backed via PayPal as well as Kickstarter and for some reason you get double-charged, let one of the team members know and they'll help you work it out.

Thanks I'll do if it comes to that ;)

Re-opening this thread, just checked backerkit and the $800 tier is not available at all. Only tiers up to $500 are available.