Temuthril

Digital invoice?

37 posts in this topic

Will we be sent a digital invoice for each shipment (as in one for the gift bag, one for the rest of the items)? The customs in my country require one, regardless of what is listed on the surface of the package.

I noticed the following topic about the goods being priced at production costs. I assume the digital invoice will have the same amounts?

http://community.muvluv.moe/index.php?/topic/303-shipping/

If you mean a customs form there should be a customs form on the package itself. We do not do digital invoices to my knowledge.

Customs usually don't trust the form on the package itself as it's often marked as gift/10$ for everything :P

I live in Belgium and I usually receive a nice letter asking me to provide an invoice, a copy of the order/shipping confirmation and/or screenshot of the Paypal statement. In the situation of Temuthril I would normally provide a copy of the kickstarter or backerit recap but I understand that his concern is that the pledged amount can be way higher that the production cost and he would like to avoid paying unnecessary taxes and handling fees.

Speaking of experience, as far customs are concerned a pledge is no different than an order and they are so administratively stubborn you'll not be able to convince them otherwise :)

The situation where I live (Finland) is basically as DarkMoS described. I'd just need any kind of document to prove the value, then it'd go through the automated online customs systems that's in use here.

It gets more complicated with the splitting of the gift bag and the rest, considering I only have the KickStarter e-mails for the whole value.

1 person likes this

I share the concerns of Temuthril and DarkMoS about the lack of digital invoice, even if it just about early gift bags. I also live in Finland and can confirm that customs here are overly strict with things like these. Early gift bags might go past customs no problem, but in worst case scenario, if they get stuck in there, I only have my $1500 pledge confirmation in my email. Not really looking forward to present that for just one giftbag.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Retro said:

I share the concerns of Temuthril and DarkMoS about the lack of digital invoice, even if it just about early gift bags. I also live in Finland and can confirm that customs here are overly strict with things like these. Early gift bags might go past customs no problem, but in worst case scenario, if they get stuck in there, I only have my $1500 pledge confirmation in my email. Not really looking forward to present that for just one giftbag.

This.

Enjoy your 12% customs due + 24% VAT on top with that price tag :P

On 3/30/2016 at 5:54 PM, Retro said:

Currently since it is being run through Tokyo Otaku Mode I would have to ask them for the invoices if they have any. Alternatively I will see if we can have invoices made, but I'm unsure if you mean postal dispatch invoice or just a general invoice used by companies.

Basically we need an statement (can be an email) saying the following:

-your package has shipped with tracking reference xxxxyyyyzzzz that customs can find back on the package

-recap of his contents: list of the goods actually in the package with their associated (production) costs

-shipping cost (needed for VAT calculation)

It's usually enough to get the package processed through customs.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Hirei said:

Currently since it is being run through Tokyo Otaku Mode I would have to ask them for the invoices if they have any. Alternatively I will see if we can have invoices made, but I'm unsure if you mean postal dispatch invoice or just a general invoice used by companies.

Its pretty much what DarkMoS just said. Probably would be possible to ask for this invoice from Tokyo Otaku Mode only in that case if giftbags gets stuck in customs, since there is a fair chance it goes through just fine. I don't know how many countries in Europe share this similar customs thing, but I'm fairly sure its a problem for most European Union member states.

Well, I hope this digital invoice matter doesn't involve too much extra work for you guys. I only wish all this customs work and such would be as simple for us consumers here as it is in United States.

For now we will be dealing with it on a case by case basis if it gets stuck in customs...

It would be a lot of work to generate all the invoices at once. 

If there are issues, please email us and we will get it sorted out.

2 people like this

I've just been informed that I need to produce an invoice as well.

Where can I find the e-mail address? I might just have overlooked, but I can't seem to find a way to contact you outside of the forums or twitter.

2 hours ago, BlueEclipse said:

I've just been informed that I need to produce an invoice as well.

Where can I find the e-mail address? I might just have overlooked, but I can't seem to find a way to contact you outside of the forums or twitter.

Would like to know this as well. Sending PM to admins might help out too though.

Still waiting notification of my shipment. Friend of mine from another country outside US received his bag today and its value was marked under 2000 yen apparently.

Please send email requests to muvluv@degica.com

As an update, the first package indeed got through without any interaction with customs, since it was valued low.

Still, this'll be probably more relevant when the rest of the items are shipped.

How long can I expect to wait before getting a response via mail? I sent a mail Thursday and I'm still waiting. I get that there's the weekend to account for, but I must admit that I'm slightly impatient because my package will get sent back to you if I can't produce an invoice in time.

Got my gift bag last friday and it surprisingly went past customs. 

23 hours ago, BlueEclipse said:

How long can I expect to wait before getting a response via mail? I sent a mail Thursday and I'm still waiting. I get that there's the weekend to account for, but I must admit that I'm slightly impatient because my package will get sent back to you if I can't produce an invoice in time.

I hope you got your email. I was afraid that similar thing might happen with my bag.

Also, I hope Muv-Luv Team notices that there are people in Kickstarter page comment section with similar problems with customs.

same issue here passed 5 days no response anywhere, (message on kickstarter, and an email)

I need a statement (invoice) of the overall value of the bag with the list of items

Communications are a little bit problematic as we weren't informed that the gift bags for outside the US were sent out already. We asked TOM to provide us a table/excel of backers with their respective invoice IDs to sort this issue out, and may hear from them anytime soon. We're very sorry for the inconvenience!

1 person likes this

I can deal with the waiting, as long as I get my stuff in the end and I get informed of what's going on, then no biggie for me.

But I'd like to know what happens in case you are not able to get me an invoice before it's returned to sender. Will you ship another gift bag? Because I'll admit that I'd get very bitter if I had to pay to get it shipped to me once more.

Edited by BlueEclipse

I've no hurry, but the custom department has a time limit before shipping back;

In my case it's around 25 days from the 6 of this month;

Let's hope all goes well

Time Limit for showing the Invoice to German customers is 10x working days from April 8th...so Deadline would be April 22nd for me....

@Saint Ursula: Thanks for letting us know the Invoice Details for Yuuko´s Gift Bag.

Anyway German customs will require a formal Invoice. Unfortunately there is no digital procedure available in my Country...

Hope everything goes well...

8 hours ago, Koppjaegga said:

Time Limit for showing the Invoice to German customers is 10x working days from April 8th...so Deadline would be April 22nd for me....

@Saint Ursula: Thanks for letting us know the Invoice Details for Yuuko´s Gift Bag.

Anyway German customs will require a formal Invoice. Unfortunately there is no digital procedure available in my Country...

Hope everything goes well...

I'm also required to submit a formal Invoice, as well as an order confirmation.