Dexomega

What does Muv-Luv mean to you?

23 posts in this topic

I asked this on Twitter not long back and it makes sense to do so here too. I'm doing one last piece for Ani-TAY during the Kickstarter and I want to know, what exactly does Muv-Luv mean to you?

Question is open-ended, so approach it any way you want.

19 minutes ago, Dexomega said:

I asked this on Twitter not long back and it makes sense to do so here too. I'm doing one last piece for Ani-TAY during the Kickstarter and I want to know, what exactly does Muv-Luv mean to you?

Question is open-ended, so approach it any way you want.

Life...Need I say more?

it's hard to put it into words that don't feel cheesy or lame, but for me, muv luv was something kind of like a life-changing experience.

I'm not quite sure how it changed me, but all the stuff in it, i'd be a fool to say i dont think about things in a somewhat different light now.

I'm glad i read it, enjoyed it, and suffered it.
10/10 would do it all again.

To me, Muv Luv means my first VN and most loved story universe I've know until now.

An awesome VN trilogy, with incredible music, lots of really good mechs, great characters, and an MC that I could barely stand at first that developed into a pretty cool dude by the end.

To me, M-L is a good example of the ups and downs of life, not to mention a good textbook case of how to get people to wake up in the middle of the night 2 years later in a cold sweat thinking of certain scenes

12 minutes ago, Fh2Hi said:

To me, M-L is a good example of the ups and downs of life, not to mention a good textbook case of how to get people to wake up in the middle of the night 2 years later in a cold sweat thinking of certain scenes

No kidding, that last part.

Oh believe me I was dead serious about it! I played M-L about three years ago and I still get the occasional 2 a.m. wake up

16 minutes ago, Fh2Hi said:

Oh believe me I was dead serious about it! I played M-L about three years ago and I still get the occasional 2 a.m. wake up

The community is united by traumas :)

1 person likes this

It's the only VN I've read that got so intense that I felt physically ill after a certain scene.

It's the Promised VN. Seriously, the way people gush over Alternative is quite a sight, and whatever story details I have seen or heard or read about do get me pumped up to just experience the entire package. If this VN series comes anywhere close to the experience I've had with series like Mass Effect or Metal Gear, that's good enough for me.

Every man must be responsible for what they do in his/her life, no matter what kind of consequences are.

And yeah, that waking in the middle of night part, me too has it since i read certain scene in Alternative

My personal favorite VN, probably one with the best story and world-building for these decades. Comparing to other VNs that had caught me of guard or grew attached to them, this franchise literally broke and captivated me at the same time. Its amazing how the emotions portrayed by ML bring such resonance in reality even though the setting is in entirely different fictional setting.

Also, quoting from you guys in Ani-TAY, it also creates sadists~XD

Overall I think it made me into a better person. I was like a carbon copy of Takeru personality-wise and I was completely synchronized with his thoughts most of the time so it punched me pretty hard in the face.

Muv Luv is... Alot, to me. I suppose the easiest way to say it, is that it is the height of the VN world? I mean, seriously, I've never read a VN that evoked the sheer, emotional response that Muv Luv did. Sure, there've been a few that might have made me cry more, but Muv Luv hit a wider range of emotions, wasn't afraid to hold me lovingly or traumatize me. Like a true friend, it did more than just give me what I wanted, but also showed me the cruel realities of its existence. Where there were mecha and action, there was an actual need for them. It wasn't a simple curb-stomp battle, and every time, you could guarantee casualties. And quite a few times, those casualties hit far too close to home. But, of course, where there was darkness, there was light. Every miracle of the universe shone just a little brighter for all the horrors and sorrows surrounding them.

I guess, in summation, you could say... Muv is Luv, Muv is life.

2 people like this

I'm always in search of something new, something that doesn't really compare to everything else I've experienced yet.

Muv-Luv is one of those stories. Not because it has some groundbreaking ideas, but because it takes multiple concepts that seemingly don't fit together at all and creates something that is nothing short of spectacular and astounding in more ways simultaneously than ever other story I've experienced so far has been.

I was going to say that Muv-Luv didn't really change my life but then I realised that I'm now backing a Kickstarter for the 1st time in my life (Muv-Luv obviously) and I'm posting this so saying that it didn't influence me would be a lie. Also some of the speeches from characters in MLU onwards certainly changed my perspective on certain things even though I don't know what it's worth for in my life yet.

1 person likes this

Muv-luv will remain one of the best past of my life. forever.

It  has truly been a privilege for me to experience Muv-luv. 

Muv-Luv is LOVE, Muv-Luv is Life.....and traumas. :P

Edited by Otoshigami

The world. A world full of emotions and experiences which has the potential to change you on a deeper level.

It's one of the few things that has made me drastically change my writing style after reading it. I'd include Game of Thrones on that list, but they have enough in common for it to not really make a difference. As someone who wants to be a professional writer, I'd say that would affect my life a bit.

I'm having a pretty hard time condensing my thoughts on it all, but I think that ultimately, it's something that will change your view on the world.

That is, if you're not entirely distancing yourself emotionally from the characters.

It has a strong impact on a lot of different values. The ideal relationship, responsibility, finding meaning in life, mourning the departed, being grateful, persistent, and humble are all topics that are touched upon. And while some of the themes aren't given as much time as the others, the values it presents along with the emotionally tumultuous ride of the story work together to create a lasting impression on the reader.

I remember commenting while people were complaining that, "at least we're not all dead or eaten by aliens." Which is, what I think is the most lasting effect it has on people; the realization that no matter how bad something may seem now, it can ALWAYS be worse.

Because no matter how much time passes, I will always remember the misery I felt with Takeru.

And this is seriously a major spoiler:

Spoiler

Meiya's final moments will stick with me forever. Takeru's hesitation, her pleading, the filthy bulges under her skin, the horror, guilt, regret, love, and resignation, and how utterly broken I felt at the end will never leave me. The ridiculous enormity of the BETA threat became a sideshow to the simple suffering of this girl that supported you through so damned much, and YOU are the one that has to pull the trigger. You -get- to be merciful and kill her. ...Oh, and just to top it all off, let's kill Sumika too. Oh that fixed everything? The answer was to kill Sumika? That's not fucked up at all.

If you can get through the whole fucking thing and not be a changed person, you can't pay attention very well.

Edited by Myrv
typo

1 person likes this

Simply put it's the greatest story I've ever read.