Taper

[RESOLVED] Availability of any funded KS stuff post-KS/BackerKit

6 posts in this topic

What are the likelihood of any of successfully backed physical or digital Kickstarter versions being available again at some point after KS and BackerKit ends, even if it means slightly higher retail costs? It'd be nice if we had Muv-Luv Team's perspective on this.

I know that from Muv-Luv Team's Facebook, physical Vita release is almost likely not to happen once KS & BackerKit ends, at the very least.

I would like to purchase some of the merchandise as well after the KS is over. I cannot afford everything at the moment but sadly i will not have the money until the KS is over. I would like to purchase the artbooks and some of the stuff in Yuuko's bag. Will there be separate releases of the stuff at later times like online or at booths at cons. I can imagine them selling the the artbooks since they went to the trouble to translate the whole thing but not so sure about the other stuff. 

The Yokohama Base jacket, emblem patches, mecha garage kits and a couple other items were already sold some years ago on amiami.com. It's not unthinkable that, with the huge kickstarter success, these items could become available again in the future. As for the exclusive backer rewards? I think it's unlikely that "exclusives" will be normally sold in shops.

However, the likelyhood of backers selling parts of their choosen tiers via ebay is not zero. Personally I wouldn't though. :P

Edited by Kamigoroshi

The Physical games are, unfortunately, very unlikely to see release outside of the campaign. If you can save up in the next month or so you can get them via backerkit, but it might be wise to assume that once backerkit locks down, time's up. Same goes for the physical codex and pillows, if I remember correctly

The Raptor and Takemikazuchi TSFs can be tracked down fairly simply, but you don't get the signed box or the sticker sheet of course. Given the cost of their respective tiers though, I'd imagine the other TSF kits are very hard to find and very expensive.

guess backerkit is the only place to buy the Merchandise unless it's on EBAY :P

We'd like to keep some of the rewards "Kickstarter Exclusive" but we are actively looking into ways of making Muv-Luv merchandise more readily available. We'll definitely have more stuff (including some of the Kickstarter items) available at conventions and we may set up a mini Muv-Luv store on Tokyo Otaku Mode (or perhaps even our own site).

3 people like this