MoeKills

How familiar are you with Muv-Luv? (NO SPOILERS)

Are you new or have you read before?   93 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you have read Muv-Luv in totality?

• 私はすべてを読んでいます。
    • I've read both Muv-Luv & Alternative
    • I've read only Muv-Luv
    • I've read only Alternative
    • I haven't read any of them but I watched the anime
    • I haven't read any of them or watched that anime but I've read a few...particular mangas so I'm interested
    • I've not read, watched or browsed anything Muv-Luv at all but I'm interested anyway

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 posts in this topic

I think the name "spoilers" is stupid but it suits the point. So, without "spoilers"-- How familiar are you with Muv-Luv?

And how many of you are virgin-new to this series?

Too familiar. So familiar I want a memory eraser. It's a shame you only have your first time once.

I've played all of Extra (yes, even Chizuru and Kei's routes :P), Unlimited, and Alt, suffered through the TE anime, and plan to watch Schwartzenmarken even though I've heard bad things about the source material.

Very familiar. Especially in the TSF/weaponry department. Overall general knowledge is, I would say, also pretty high.

2 people like this

I've read Muv-Luv/Alternative, TDA 00 and 01, The Chicken Divers, Haruko Maniax, and Aspiriation. I've seen Total Eclipse, Ayu Mayu Theatre, and Akane Maniax. I haven't read the manga yet and I have a hard time finding translations for the Light Novels.

The CODEX will help to get me more familiar. :)

Edited by Hoshizora

Very familiar too, I played all the games I could ( I did some in Japanese but as I don't speak it fluently I prefer to wait for English translations now, I felt like I was passing by too many little details in Japanese ), watched the anime ( Ugh... For the glory, as we say ), read the mangas etc... I was not really into all the weaponry side until recently ( Roughly one year ), when I had to dig in for a project of strategy game on Muv Luv ( Will probably talk about it here when I will have some good news, but for now it is in standby ), but nothing like some people on /m/ or the wiki who could tell me the weight and caliber of the ammos used on X model ( I have to say I admire them for that, I like weaponry in general but their knowledge on all the technical part is impressive )

I chose the last option, but I did watch Rumbling Hearts.

If it's out there in English, I've played/read it. If it's only in Japanese, there's a 50/50 chance I've at least started it. AyuMayu Alternative is way weirder than Akane Maniax by the way.

(Really wish Kimi ga Ita Kisetsu would get a little more recognition too...)

Edited by HYuy

I read about 3 minutes of Extra like 3 years ago. That's all the exposure I have. The $300 tier just had everything I wanted physically and all the games that'd be localized. I feel like it'll be a good motivator to actually read it all.

私はすべて読みました 。

Edited by Sentient545

I know of the anime but that's all I can honestly say.Spending $300 on something I know so little about seem crazy, but it looks like a great story so I'm pretty keen to dive right in 

ML trilogy + Total Eclipse + TDA 00&01
And also TE anime

Not quite すべて but enough to fall into that category I'd say. The main trilogy, some of various Chronicles, all the manga that's scanned and online, started to watch the TE anime but lost interest (I kind of feel bad for anyone who got their first exposure through that but for the people who liked it enough to get into the Kickstarter, you're in for a ride). Plus the KimiNozo and Akane Maniax anime, which are great.

Heard alot of things about the series. Probably too much to go in truly blind. I'm hoping/expecting to pick up on some of the inherent foreshadows.

Refuse to watch the anime atm because I don't want to do anything that will affect my first time through this.

It's been on my "Want to read" list for a while and with this, has now reached the top.

All I know is School Life, Mecha, Beta, What happened to school life? :x

It's hard to avoid spoilers... But I'm the sort of person who will enjoy the journey even if the end is known. so I am not too worried.

So long as you don't read the Tvtropes page on it like I did, you should be able to avoid the major spoilers :P

Oh and be careful about looking up songs from the VNs.

I'm familiar enough to know that i wont regret throwing hundreds of dollar at it.

What is this Muv-Luv thing you speak of? Sounds interesting.

I've read Muv-Luv and Unlimited, I was about to start Alternative, but decided to wait once I heard a kickstarter was planned.

Yup as expected most of us will have played Extra/Unlimited/Alt but nothing else.. (I'm actually thinking of watching TE .. even though I hear it is meh) 

24 minutes ago, Randomacts said:

Yup as expected most of us will have played Extra/Unlimited/Alt but nothing else.. (I'm actually thinking of watching TE .. even though I hear it is meh) 

Extremely so. There is way, way too much silly harem hijinks. The serious parts are actually good, but there's so little of them it doesn't make the anime more than 'not really worth watching' IMO

8 hours ago, Randomacts said:

I only saw the first 10 eps or so, but the first two are the only ones I saw that were good and anything like the rest of the series. It was kind of like the filler bits of Unlimited where they're waiting for Plot to happen. Maybe it gets better later, but if it does, that's terrible pacing.

ML + ML:A, have looked at a couple of the manga but have not read through em. Heard most of the anime wasn't that good

I'm at Chronicles 03. Plus some of the spin-offs/originals. But my moonspeak sucks and my progress is slow, so I'm taking a break in hopes of someone translating all that for me. (which might just happen now)

3 hours ago, Anix said:

I only saw the first 10 eps or so, but the first two are the only ones I saw that were good and anything like the rest of the series. It was kind of like the filler bits of Unlimited where they're waiting for Plot to happen. Maybe it gets better later, but if it does, that's terrible pacing.

It occasionally does, but quickly drops back down to that same poor quality.