M82A1

[RESOLVED] Difference between "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX" and "Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box" with Physical CODEX add-on

6 posts in this topic

What is the difference between "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX" and "Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box" with Physical CODEX add-on, outside of saving $10.00 on the "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX"?

It looks like there is a clearer indication of special features for the "Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box" in terms of special packaging and such, that I'm not sure I get with the "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX".

Right now I've added add-on money to my "Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box" to cover the Physical CODEX, the PS Vita Physical Box, and some more, but wanted to know if I can simplify things with the "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX" and just add the PS Vita Physical Box.

Thanks.

Eric

Hey there, AFAIK there should be no difference between those two options aside from the $10 savings as you've already noticed. The graphic of the Collector's Edition just shows what's inside of it. At higher tiers, it's just been condensed to look nicer/ take up less space.

So yeah, I think it would be easier to go ahead and choose the Codex tier and then do the PS Vita add-on. Enjoy!

@M82A1 I am not sure which tier did you pledge with. Based on your description, it seems that you have pledged at  【Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box - PS Vita Edition】 - USD$150. Please correct me if I am wrong

Based on my understanding, there is a difference between physical "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX" and "Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box" with Physical CODEX add-on.

1st - The "Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box" with Physical CODEX add-on, does not contain  "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX" physical context. You do not get it free unless you have pledged US$300 and above tier.

2nd - The add on of USD $10 is for the digital copy of the "Muv-Luv" CODEX (which include the digital copy of "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX") - I am sure on this as I have pledged to the digital copy tier " 『All Digital Bundle』  ". And I have clarified with the Muv-Luv team earlier before the kickstarted project ended.

3rd - There is a tier below US$300 which contain the physical  "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX" which is called 『Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX』 - USD$220. 

4th - To get the physical "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX", you need to add on USD $80.

Hope it is clearer to you.

On 11/1/2015, 4:34:59, M82A1 said:

What is the difference between "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX" and "Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box" with Physical CODEX add-on, outside of saving $10.00 on the "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX"?

It looks like there is a clearer indication of special features for the "Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box" in terms of special packaging and such, that I'm not sure I get with the "Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX".

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was wondering the exact same thing and would appreciate further clarification. The description of what is included in the "Muv-Luv Alternative Codex Tier" ($220) is somewhat vague in this regard. Going by the description alone, it includes the Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box and a physical copy of the Codex. It says nothing of the other bonuses included in the "Muv-Luv Trllogy Collector's Box Tier" ($150), namely: digital copies of Photon Flowers/Melodies, the Artbook, the OST, the Sumika Figma figure, and the digital copies of the trilogy.

Does the Codex Tier include everything featured in the Collector's Box Tier? It would certainly make sense given the increased cost, but I don't want to up my pledge unless I'm absolutely certain of what I'm getting.

Could someone set the record straight on this?

Edited by MarcoSnow

31 minutes ago, MarcoSnow said:

Does the Codex Tier include everything featured in the Collector's Box Tier? It would certainly make sense given the increased cost, but I don't want to up my pledge unless I'm absolutely certain of what I'm getting.

Yes. All tiers which have the collector's box included in it will have everything from the $150 tier. You can check this when you upgrade in Backerkit. When you get to the choosing add-ons part, all items included in your tier should be listed. You won't be charged at this stage, so don't worry. (I don't think you'll be charged anything till backerkit locks down in Jan/Feb anyways).