MSnap

Controller Support?

7 posts in this topic

Do you think we will be getting any gamepad support? I plan to mostly play it on my tablet, but sometimes I'd like to hook it up to my big screen so I can play it like the PS3 version.

Doubt it, no VN engine for PC supports this. However the best thing to do is just get a program that maps your controller to keyboard and mouse since then you can do that for this and any other VN and I do it all the time when I put my VN on the big screen.

1 hour ago, Nexus said:

no VN engine for PC supports this

That's simply not true. I know at least Grisaia and Majikoi have basic controller support. Either way, what program do you use?

5 minutes ago, MSnap said:

That's simply not true. I know at least Grisaia and Majikoi have basic controller support. Either way, what program do you use?

Sorry, I meant almost no engines. Since I already had it, I use Pinnacle Game profiler but I'm sure google will reveal free ones.

Edited by Nexus

1 person likes this

JoyToKey works, albeit being a bit ghetto of an option. Currently playing Haruko Maniax and Clannad with it.

I've used Xpadder for most of the VNs I've played in recent years with 4 different controllers and it's worked pretty flawlessly, though Muv-Luv was a standout as being a bit finicky. It sounds like they'll be fixing the interface up though. Native controller support is something I'd like to see as well.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xpadder/

Configuration tutorial