natsucule

Are You Saving Up For Customs Tax?

10 posts in this topic

I don't know how much the customs will take so that the CE box will get by, so I'm just saving up extra cash each month in case they make it a 100% increase. Anyone else doing that?

Half saving up money, half using money I have saved  before the KS.

1 person likes this

I'm pretty safe from these problems being from Australia since only really expensive things actually can get a tax. And even then I am pretty sure that it isn't that much compared to the total price.

Always good to plan ahead so yes, you never know.

Think about it this way : if you end up not using the extra when the shipments arrive, you've still saved money that you can now use for other purposes (or not), money that you may have not been saving otherwise.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

Think about it this way : if you end up not using the extra when the shipments arrive, you've still saved money that you can now use for other purposes

Like the Kiminozo KS :D

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, FaceEater said:

Like the Kiminozo KS :D

For example, yes :P

I've just bumped this over to the PX Lounge, because it didn't really fit in the support forum.

As for myself, I shouldn't get much in the way of customs tax. I hope. My poor wallet has already breathed its last; I don't think it'll appreciate being woken from the dead just to take another beating.

That said, I'm in Canada so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

1 person likes this

Talking about this.

I my country, Ecuador, what is required to import is a copy of the Invoice (in digital format). So would be great if they provide us with an invoice (better if it has less value, in the end you didn't bought stuff, you supported a project and got stuff as reward).

That said, my country has something called "Impuesto a Salida de Divisas". Is a 5% tax every time I use an international credit card to buy something outside Ecuador. I already paid that -_-

After that depends. In my case Is better for the the later they ship. Right now this country has something called "Salvaguardias". Is just an import tax. Those will expire in June 2016. Tax can be over 50% (add the price of the courier and you can imagine how expensive it can get). There are some ways around this, but again there are some restrictions. For me is better to wait and have only one shipment with all the stuff (I got the $300 tier, so it is a LOT of stuff)

Depending of the situation it might be me actually buy some other stuff in the US, buy a plane ticket to Miami and bring the stuff myself (or ask other people who wants their stuff here)...

The only thing that helped was that in Ecuador we use the US dollar as currency, my salary is in USD, so I don't have to worry about exchange.

1 person likes this

My plan is as following :

Save each month 100$ starting from Jan 2016

By the time the rewards are being shipped (estimated Sep 2016), I'll have 900$.

There's the Grisaia and Clannad rewards to consider so a share of that savings will go to that, and what's left of the money will go into buying a PS Vita (+vita games) to complete the Muv Luv.