180 posts in this topic

@G3rman

Oh, most definitely. The Wiki has been my main source of info for the series for a while and it goes without saying that I appreciate what you guys do over there. 

I also do not have the time to build things either. One of the reasons why I opted for the pre-built A3s instead of the Koto model kits. Although I can't currently display mine, I do enjoy just having them. Same goes for my ML literature, except I just look at the pretty pictures since I sure as hell can't read any of it. 

1 person likes this

Current collections

it's very difficult to find this without the overseas purchasing

921385_10205719447932679_149304384148878358_o.jpg

3 people like this

@Nexiva

Ohhh, got all 3 of the ML magazines huh. Are those brand new? Can't find them much anymore since they're outta print. I know I have all of mine stored away somewhere. Good that you have yourself a set.

On 11/8/2015 at 5:45 PM, nexcal said:

As promised, challenge accepted! :D

mv_nexcal01.thumb.jpg.7c998f43116431693bmv_nexcal02.thumb.jpg.595b9daebb1e6a8363mv_nexcal03.thumb.jpg.af1cf0913a1fb0daab

I have a few books as well but they're nothing to shout about compared to what you guys have. Zero figurines, no 1/144 scale kits. Missing the Kotobukiya non-scale, non-deluxe Type-00F Yui and the F-18 which I sold off a few years ago.

is that all TSF from A3? you have great collection comrades :D

On 2/25/2016 at 10:53 AM, Okazaqi said:

is that all TSF from A3? you have great collection comrades :D

Thanks! I hope that's all of them. I'm broke. :D

@Ikaruga

yep, those are brand new

also, it turns out my collections are still growing

this is all of the muvluv related stuffs i got

the latest one: Muv-Luv / Muv-Luv Unlimited install disk, complete with the rumbling angel cards and audio disk

_DSC1072.JPG

1 person likes this

Well, all my models are mixed together, it's missing this pic is missing my Black Widow II because I had a bunch of BETA in the lid. I took this picture to show a friend what was here at my boyfriend's place, I won't be able to build what isn't finished for about 9 mos because he's about to get stationed somewhere else, so I won't be coming back out to Japan and he might not come home to CA before getting stationed where ever he's going to be next. As far as what's here, about half is Muv-Luv, the other half is mostly Gundam, but I've also got some models at home, if I include those, about 1/3 of my collection is Muv-Luv, 1/3 is EVA and the rest is kind of just other stuff. Hoping to get good at the stickers and decals before my package from Kickstarter comes.

Models.jpg

^That's at my boyfriend's place, I brought 3 boxes home, the red Takemikaduchi, Arcadia and Rinascita, the Takemikaduchi's mostly built so the 3 EVAs were added to that box. This is at mom's house:

Models.jpg

Edited by enkeli19
update

4 people like this

Here's almost everything i have so far. Not included in the picture are my GSC Meiya,Sumika, Kasumi, and a few 11x17 posters from AX last year. 

IMAG2414.jpg

I should consider updating my phone...the camera is such a disappointment. 

Edited by Jawer

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Jawer said:

Here's almost everything i have so far. Not included in the picture are my GSC Meiya,Sumika, Kasumi, and a few 11x17 posters from AX last year. 

IMAG2414.jpg

Man, how'd you get the full size Photonflowers/melodies posters??

@HYuy

I found them in Kamakura while i was there on vacation a few months back. They shouldn't be hard to come by, I see them on y!auction every now and then for ~$12. The Photonmelodies poster might be a tad more expensive since it's double sided.

On 6/27/2016 at 5:08 PM, Jawer said:

IMAG2414.jpg

I see you have one of the Yuuhe GKs. Noice!

1 person likes this

I think it was about time I take some updated photos of my collection after all these years. Since the camera and the photographer himself were quite bad, these pictures didn't really turn out as I hoped, but at least they are taken now. Starting off with the most important part of my collection.

DSC_0065.jpg

Well, what can I say? I need more Meiya in my life. I guess I need to start looking for garage kits of her next.

DSC_0073.jpg

I should get a new glass shelf for the rest of my figures later this year, so I can finally take them out. If someone wonders where are all those swimsuit and underwear Muv-Luv figures, all I can say that those will never have a place in my collection. Fortified suits and military uniforms are my thing when it comes to any figures, even more so with Muv-Luv. There are some exceptions like that Yui and Kasumi though. With swimsuits/underwear, I'd make exception with Meiya.

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

Most of my books and games plus two soundtracks. I had to dig around to find some stuff, since there were some duplicates like Chronicles 01 lying around without First Press edition box. Still need to buy Schwarzesmarken, Supplement and PC version of Total Eclipse when I just get around to it.

DSC_0085.jpg

Stuff that I still havent bothered to assemble/paint or unbox. Two nice garage kits too, MiG-23 and MiG-27. Cryska figma too, since she missed earlier picture.

DSC_0087.jpg

Rest of my stuff with some Lunatic Dawn books and others. Also, I can't pose my TSF's or figmas at all. Getting that F-4J Gekishit with shield to stand without collapsing was huge pain in the ass. Would also like put all those Ultimate Character figures in some shelf, but currently most of them can just sit in their boxes and wait for that new shelf. My pictures are also missing some stuff, which I didnt bother putting in picture this time, like Cryska B2 cloth wallscroll and quite a few Muv-Luv fanbooks or whatever they are called. Still looking for Beatrix wallscroll too, since all I got was that Irisdina.

Hopefully there are some nice Schwarzesmarken figures announced in Wonfes, which is starting in few hours apparently. I'd prefer more Meiya though.

8 people like this

@Retro

Holy damn. That is an impressive collection you have there. I see some very rare items among them as well. Also, that Meiya shrine *whistles*. Your collection reminds me of the huge lack of bishoujo figures in my own collection. That's one hole in my collection I probably won't ever be able to fill, due to space and size constraints, along with the delicate nature of just caring for such figures. Another stark contrast is I don't collect the games, but that's just a difference in our collecting ways. Great collection though

@Retro (○□○)! ( ꒪Д꒪)!!!

Wow. That is seriously one insanely impressive collection. Gotta ask though, where'd you get the figure of Meiya that's between the two GSC ones and the Kotobukiya one? I don't think I've ever seen that one before. Was it a custom resin kit or something?

1 hour ago, HYuy said:

@Retro (○□○)! ( ꒪Д꒪)!!!

Wow. That is seriously one insanely impressive collection. Gotta ask though, where'd you get the figure of Meiya that's between the two GSC ones and the Kotobukiya one? I don't think I've ever seen that one before. Was it a custom resin kit or something?

That's Volks Meiya coldcast figure from their Muv-Luv Alternative A-brand box. 

@Ikaruga

Thank you. You have very impressive collection too from what I've seen. And I share your problem with space and size constraints, but in my case with TSF models mostly. I would really much like to collect all Volks A3 models out there, but right now I just don't have enough space for them. It would be a shame to just store them in their boxes and I'm already doing that mistake with some of my models.

@HYuy

Thank you. And looks like Jawer already answered your question there. Looking at your collection, that Meiya shikishi you have is already enough to make me jealous. I had my chance to get one from Kickstarter, but I ended up choosing the pledge with A-10 model. You guys are lucky to have conventions where you can meet people like Kouki and get shikishis and autographs from them too. I don't see that happening over here ever.

1 person likes this

@Retro How complete is that collection and how much did it cost?

Edited by David

@David

How complete? I can't really say. At one point I thought I'd consider my collection "complete" when I finally acquire certain Meiya figures. Well, I have now gotten the ones I wanted most and here I am, still looking for more items to add into my collection. There are still plenty of TSF models out there, not to mention some great looking garage kits. But I guess this collection is never really complete.

As for the cost, I don't know. I've never bothered to calculate how much all that has cost to me. Quite a lot I think. For example, that 1/4 scale Meiya, was the most expensive one and that alone cost me 47k yen with shipping included. Thats around 400€ or $450 after conversion. Finnish customs also decided to put nice 24% tax rape on the top of that sum too.

4 people like this

UNF! You guys have great stuff.

Edited by Surtur

5 people like this

(As previously posted in Discord)

So, I myself have new merch. I finally obtained something that has dethroned my A-10s as the most expensive ML merch I own.

PWSLLDZ.jpglEW4OOh.jpgunato912-img335x500-1472988007closlx10536.jpg

This right here is a (incredibly rare) Yui-hime daki that was sold 7 years ago at DreamParty Tokyo 2009.

Purchased for $450+ brand new, unopened

1 person likes this

OWEE! Well I am not one to talk, I have spend much on drawings myself. Although I don't collect dika's but I love the art used on them. 

Edited by OddballYukari

HOLY SHIT! 450$?!
THAT IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MY METAL GEAR REX!

1404031191789.jpg

Edited by Surtur

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, OddballYukari said:

OWEE! Well I am not one to talk, I have spend much on drawings myself. Although I don't collect dika's but I love the art used on them. 

Haha that is exactly why I collect daki's, because of the unique and eye-catching art used on them not seen anywhere else.

14 hours ago, Surtur said:

HOLY SHIT! 450$?!
THAT IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MY METAL GEAR REX!

Oh how far the ends of the world I would go for Muv-Luv ^_^

Edited by Ikaruga

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Ikaruga said:

Haha that is exactly why I collect daki's, because of the unique and eye-catching art used on them not seen anywhere else.

Oh how far the ends of the world I would go for Muv-Luv ^_^

You're kinda tempting me to join you on this daki adventure haha :$