natsucule

If You Had To Change One Thing About Muv Luv?

62 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, AidanAK47 said:

With you on everything except Kajiura. Yuki has only one style and that doesn't fit with Muv Luv at all. I would go more for a combination of Yoko Kanno and maybe Hiroyuki Sawano.

What's wrong with Iwasaki Taku?  He did the OST to Muv-Luv Alternative and has done some fine work in anime as well, including Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal, Akame ga Kill, Noragami, Katanagatari and Witch Hunter Robin.  Frankly, I wouldn't want anyone else in charge of Muv-Luv's music.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Scars Unseen said:

What's wrong with Iwasaki Taku?  He did the OST to Muv-Luv Alternative and has done some fine work in anime as well, including Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal, Akame ga Kill, Noragami, Katanagatari and Witch Hunter Robin.  Frankly, I wouldn't want anyone else in charge of Muv-Luv's music.

True but hey if this is a dream anime then lets go really outlandish.

Muv Luv Alternative OST composed by Harry Gregson Williams

10 hours ago, WS Eule said:

Some unreliable source said that the transparent suits are replaced in the "all ages" version. Can someone confirm this?

You can see the replacements on the KS page, they just turned the transparent parts Black.  I honestly never had a problem with the suits, while they were exaggerated, they had a basis in reality.  If your in the Military then you need to quickly get over any kind of embarrassed or so reactions to seeing your comrades bodies, you'll be living, sleeping and sometimes using the bathroom together so you need to get used to that quickly, or it becomes a massive hindrance on the battlefield.  Real Life Military does something similar as well

1 person likes this

@Exia I like the fact that you don't even notice it after a while. As if it was kind of the point :wink wink:

Hm... Yoko Kanno or Kajiura... I would end up saying Kanno because I don't think I know Kajiura, but honestly...

Why have we left Minami Kuribayashi out of this!? It is complete and utter blasphemy!!!!

48 minutes ago, Exia said:

You can see the replacements on the KS page, they just turned the transparent parts Black.  I honestly never had a problem with the suits, while they were exaggerated, they had a basis in reality.  If your in the Military then you need to quickly get over any kind of embarrassed or so reactions to seeing your comrades bodies, you'll be living, sleeping and sometimes using the bathroom together so you need to get used to that quickly, or it becomes a massive hindrance on the battlefield.  Real Life Military does something similar as well

And this is a very sound comment. I mentioned it in the Live Action thread, that, when my father was in the Navy, if the Independence came on with the alert for "General Quarters" you manned your station butt-naked if you had to! COMBAT WON'T WAIT FOR YOU TO FINISH SHOWERING!

Everyone, please excuse me, I think we know where my mind went after saying "Showering" and "Butt-naked" while thinking about ML. This conversation might get awkward quickly...

4 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Everyone, please excuse me, I think we know where my mind went after saying "Showering" and "Butt-naked" while thinking about ML. This conversation might get awkward quickly...

Did you really need to add this part ? ^^'''

2 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Did you really need to add this part ? ^^'''

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I like seeing people's reactions. It's fun... >w>;

Okaaaaaay, I exaggerated... I'm not a pubescent boy, I'm a man with better control than that, I'm sorrrrryyyyy.

Happy?

Edit: This is what my 200th post will be!?

Edited by Shinygami
The shame... My 200th is an apology...

2 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I like seeing people's reactions. It's fun... >w>;

Okaaaaaay, I exaggerated... I'm not a pubescent boy, I'm a man with better control than that, I'm sorrrrryyyyy.

Happy?

Very.

Nah, no worries at all, no apologies needed ^_^

Uhm, there are various good ideas mixed in.

In general, i suppose I wouldn't try to rush Alternative so much: repeating the training had a point, but as some have already said in the end it forced to rush the rest at incredible speed and the way it was done should have really created a divide (or at least some hints of jealousy or and inferiority complex, specially by Chizuru, who was supposed to be the leader).

Also, as some have said, the order of the deaths was also extremely predictable.

In general, I suppose I  want more giant robots and less southern islands. Oh, and maybe try to rewrite the coup a little so that its reasoning didn't end as retarded as it was

Spoiler

Hurr durr, YAMATO DAMASHI, WE SHALL LAUNCH A COUP JUST SOME WEEKS BEFORE THE SECOND BIGGEST OFFENSIVE IN THE STORY OF OUR COUNTRY, IN WHICH WE WILL NEED ALL THE SUPPORT WE CAN SO THAT WE DON`T END DEAD AND PROBABLY RUIN OUR COUNTRY: OH, AND WE KILLED ALL OUR LEADERSHIP IN ONE SWEEP SO THAT THE LACK OF LEADERSHIP DOOM THIS FUTURE OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY THAT WILL KILL US ALL AND NOT LEAVE EVEN RUBBLE BEHIND. WE ARE SO SMART(and humanity, if you know spoilers)

hurr durr, THE CIA ACTUALLY PLANNED IT ALL SO THAT THERE'S NOBODY THAT CAN OPPOSE GLORIOUS FREEDOM, AND SOMEHOW PREFERRED TO SIMPLY CREATE A SKIRMISH INSTEAD OF CAPTURING THE SURRENDERING REBELS AND EXPULSING THEM FOREVER OF THE ARMY THUS LEAVING THEM WITH NO POWER: INSTEAD OF LEAVING SAGIRI TO DIE AS MADMAN WE MADE HIM A MARTYR, WE ARE SO SMART.

The execution of the feelings beyond the coup was very good and all, but the politics behind it were really retarded once you looked at it coldly.

23 minutes ago, Marx-93 said:
Spoiler

SOME WEEKS BEFORE THE SECOND BIGGEST OFFENSIVE IN THE STORY OF OUR COUNTRY

"IIRC" as in that other thread but:

Spoiler

They couldn't have expected Sadogashima. It was a plan created by Yuuko as soon as Unit 00 was completed, which is a hyper mega top secret project that soldiers like Sagiri couldn't have been aware of. In "Alt IV failed" world Operation 21 doesn't exist. Edit: or yes but far later, if TDA explores that.

Americans did this to justify an intervention (don't remember the specifics), not to get rid of some elements specifically (that part is Yuuko's, and it helped her to set stuff later, though the loss of military power was unfortunate. Well her and her crazy gambits...).

As for the dying part, I am pretty sure Meiya hammered the traditional (?) japanese view on the matter in both Unl. and Alt. I guess it was on line with this.

You know what? Actually we should wait for the CODEX or re-read everything before we get in the details, because we both need to refresh our memories :D

On topic: I think most of the girls are put on the side way too much as soon as the second part of MLA kicks in and I was a bit saddened by this state of matters. Mostly because there's a lot going on by then, but still... Perhaps a bit more streamlining for the infodumps as well, to make the story move and explain things on the go. Though Op21 was greatly enhanced by knowing every specifics before.

Edited by frogtaku

2 people like this

3 hours ago, AidanAK47 said:

True but hey if this is a dream anime then lets go really outlandish.

Muv Luv Alternative OST composed by Harry Gregson Williams

He would be an acceptable stand in, but I'd still rather have Iwasaki. No matter who ended up doing it, I'd want them to keep close to his style and - where appropriate - simply rearrange tracks from the existing OST, so why go with anyone else?  This thread is about what we would change, and I don't think the composer needs changing.

I want Takeru to die at the end and do it all once more; not that I think it would make the story better (definitely worse).

Spoiler

I just want to see the events that would come about by having just. one. more. loop. I mean, just imagines the reactions that would be had by everyone when he drops bombs like, "how's that android coming along?", "that brain's a causality conductor by the way", "it's too bad the Susanoo can only shoot twice", (see's ayamine's letter) "ha, you're engaged to a dead man", (when Tsukuyomi first confronts him) "sup, Mana, it sure was nice of Yuuhi to send the robot", (to Meiya) "use the damn robot, your sister's just worried", "I've seen you die"

And thus, the OneTrueTakeru was born.

Edited by Myrv
moved some into the spoiler

1 hour ago, Myrv said:

I want Takeru to die at the end and do it all once more; not that I think it would make the story better (definitely worse).

Hide contents

I just want to see the events that would come about by having just. one. more. loop. I mean, just imagines the reactions that would be had by everyone when he drops bombs like, "how's that android coming along?", "that brain's a causality conductor by the way", "it's too bad the Susanoo can only shoot twice", (see's ayamine's letter) "ha, you're engaged to a dead man", (when Tsukuyomi first confronts him) "sup, Mana, it sure was nice of Yuuhi to send the robot", (to Meiya) "use the damn robot, your sister's just worried", "I've seen you die"

And thus, the OneTrueTakeru was born.

Well, indeed this will be kinda bad. Takeru will be really overpowered not just in physical term but also in mentality and knowledge. We will also probably know too many things to enjoy the story.

but I would really enjoy seeing Yuuko reaction when her secrets and schemes are seen through like it was nothing. How she react about the truth of yokohama base early in story would also be something I love to see.

14 hours ago, ViciousA said:

Okay, joke aside, I would welcome more extra routes. But if 'change' refer to me being some kind of reality-warping being that can change anything, I would change this.

'Muv-luv become EXTREMELY popular both in Japan and in the west, Anime of Muv-luv original trilogy has already been made with never before seen collaboration of Sunrise/Ufotable/Madhouse, bringing the best out of all the studios. Music was done by Jam project and Yuki kajiura. The anime was made in 3 seasons, with more than 10 OVAs for every optional routes. It was awarded multiple anime of the year. Hollywood try to buy right for making live action film, but ALL bids were denied.'

I can die happily now.

I personally think that Kajiura is too avant-garde for Muv Luv. Vut other than that, it would be great.

8 hours ago, frogtaku said:

"IIRC" as in that other thread but:

Reveal hidden contents

They couldn't have expected Sadogashima. It was a plan created by Yuuko as soon as Unit 00 was completed, which is a hyper mega top secret project that soldiers like Sagiri couldn't have been aware of. In "Alt IV failed" world Operation 21 doesn't exist. Edit: or yes but far later, if TDA explores that.

Americans did this to justify an intervention (don't remember the specifics), not to get rid of some elements specifically (that part is Yuuko's, and it helped her to set stuff later, though the loss of military power was unfortunate. Well her and her crazy gambits...).

As for the dying part, I am pretty sure Meiya hammered the traditional (?) japanese view on the matter in both Unl. and Alt. I guess it was on line with this.

You know what? Actually we should wait for the CODEX or re-read everything before we get in the details, because we both need to refresh our memories :D

Okay, this one I can't let go pass: You have an operation where you send two entire fleets, hundreds of TSF including allied forces that aren't  actually in your control (COSEAN allies are mentioned)  and the Imperial Royal Guard, and use half the munition reserves in the Far East Defence line. They HAD to know it 20 days before, if not they wouldn't be able to build up such a force: The entire act of transporting TSF from south or northern Japan to Sadogashima would already take a while.

Sagiri was also the captain of the most important defence regiment of the Mainland, he would have known something (and if not him, at least the Fuji regiment, being even more elite). Probably not that Yuuko would use his pet project there, or the specific plans, but there's only one target and it's been mentioned hundreds of times that the Sadogashima Hive is a direct threat to Japan's survival. Everyone knew they would to at least need to try to take it down (unless they went with Alternative V, but that it even exists is a greater secret), and such a buildup can only mean one thing. Heck, one of the reasons of the coup it may have been that he also feared that it would happen the same that Operation Lucifer and they would get G-bombed from the back. But him not knowing anything?

I will too wait the CODEX zealously, but the CODEX can't invent G-element mechanism that make giant build ups happen in 2 weeks. It's already a stretch that even after the coup they could be able to launch the attack in 20 days, but high ranking members not knowing it?

@Marx-93 Well, they could

Spoiler

Make a worldwide diversion operation on all fronts by all armies to make a tentative landing on the Original Hive in less than 48 hours.

So, the sky is the limit. Still, as always I might overlook important stuff and you might be right. That's part of the fun, because I want to read it again and pay attention to everything ASAP :D

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, frogtaku said:

@Marx-93 Well, they could

Reveal hidden contents

Make a worldwide diversion operation on all fronts by all armies to make a tentative landing on the Original Hive in less than 48 hours.

So, the sky is the limit. Still, as always I might overlook important stuff and you might be right. That's part of the fun, because I want to read it again and pay attention to everything ASAP :D

Spoiler

Well, that operation had been decided once Sadogashima ended in victory (it was just  the date that was moved), so everyone had started preparing beforehand.  Still, the entire point of Ouka is that it was extremely rushed, so I don't think they would do it of their own volition.

Though I agree that's part of the fun, especially with the Codex coming.

Edited by Marx-93

@Marx-93 My hypothesis is that

Spoiler

Most potential battles are already planned and just need adjustements based on the current situation, even more so if we talk about the closest Hive around when you are in the Far East Defense Line. So Yuuko probably didn't have much to change except to chime in the Valkyries and 00 Unit's role inside the battle plans for the other forces. The logitics you are pointing out need to be taken into account though.

What would confirm this hypothesis is that while you are making a very good point about logistics, it still didn't happen within that timeframe in Unlimited.

To stay on topic, if I had to forget what I said a few posts earlier and change one thing, it would be the voices cutting in while Yuuhi is doing her speech after that 12/5 incident. The girls talk almost at the same time as Yuuhi and I think it ruins a little the (cool) direction in this particular scene. Actually, it could have very well worked without them talking at all since the context is good enough, though I like the performances themselves.

Edited by frogtaku

1 person likes this

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2015‎ ‎8‎:‎22‎:‎09‎, ViciousA said:

w...what kind of blasphemy is this? you... you dare? trying to taint this divine perfection with your mortal filth? how dare you?

This is it. The witch hunt has begun. Our legion of destroyer-class inquisitor will hunt you down. Our soldier-class torturer will make you witness your worst nightmare over and over again!!

Okay, joke aside, I would welcome more extra routes. But if 'change' refer to me being some kind of reality-warping being that can change anything, I would change this.

'Muv-luv become EXTREMELY popular both in Japan and in the west, Anime of Muv-luv original trilogy has already been made with never before seen collaboration of Sunrise/Ufotable/Madhouse, bringing the best out of all the studios. Music was done by Jam project and Yuki kajiura. The anime was made in 3 seasons, with more than 10 OVAs for every optional routes. It was awarded multiple anime of the year. Hollywood try to buy right for making live action film, but ALL bids were denied.'

I can die happily now.

yep. I don't want HOLLYWOOD to touch anything on anime and turn into nightmarish *cough* dragonball evolution *cough*

1 hour ago, Otoshigami said:

yep. I don't want HOLLYWOOD to touch anything on anime and turn into nightmarish *cough* dragonball evolution *cough*

Well I WAS confident in James Cameron's Battle Angel Alita Adaptation when he was going to be the one directing it since I know that he knows Sci-Fi Movies but then he got distracted by doing a ton of Avatar Sequels and now Robert Rodriguez is going to direct the movie so I don't know how I feel about it anymore.....:|

9 hours ago, JakatoX said:

Well I WAS confident in James Cameron's Battle Angel Alita Adaptation when he was going to be the one directing it since I know that he knows Sci-Fi Movies but then he got distracted by doing a ton of Avatar Sequels and now Robert Rodriguez is going to direct the movie so I don't know how I feel about it anymore.....:|

Wait what !? Once again, it feels like I'm living under a rock lol

1 hour ago, Klashvorn said:

Wait what !? Once again, it feels like I'm living under a rock lol

Under a TSF*

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, WS Eule said:

Under a TSF*

I'd prefer inside a TSF but whatever :P