natsucule

If You Had To Change One Thing About Muv Luv?

62 posts in this topic

Pretty much a straightforward question, would you even change anything in the series in the first place? 

What would you change? The protag? the ending?

ezj2qlyfj4ve4snhz7hs.png

4 minutes ago, natsucule said:

Pretty much a straightforward question, would you even change anything in the series in the first place? 

What would you change? The protag? the ending?

ezj2qlyfj4ve4snhz7hs.png

Why did you make this thread?! Now folks are just going to bitch about aspects of the series they don't like!

I would change miki's dad so he would keep his mustache from extra. That stache should be a national treature

4 minutes ago, Jawer said:

I would change miki's dad so he would keep his mustache from extra. That stache should be a national treature

I wonder if anyone took his Sprites yet and just added his Mustache?......Should be an easy edit.

6 hours ago, JakatoX said:

I wonder if anyone took his Sprites yet and just added his Mustache?

Thanks for the idea. Your wish is my command

Spoiler

Capture1.3.png.f5950a42c1177d7c3779c8faf

Edited by Jawer
centered the stache placement

11 people like this

7 minutes ago, Jawer said:

Hide contents

Capture1.2.png.c04108fc75151cb9f8a1bb7f8

Nice! :D

19 minutes ago, Jawer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thiiiiiiiiiiiis ! :D:D:D

20 minutes ago, Jawer said:

Reveal hidden contents

You are glorious. Have a like.

Well Muv Luv isn't prefect so there are a number of things I could suggest. But if we are talking about one single thing I would remove one particular scene. If you haven't read Alternative, do not in any circumstances open this spoiler.

Spoiler

Sumika's Beta rape. It was pointless as it's basically gets pushed aside as soon as it finishes. We all know the BETA did something unforgivable to Sumika and having no details is a lot better than knowing they essentially raped her. It was a scene I felt was put there just for shock value and just added a distasteful blemish on a otherwise great Visual novel. The All age's version will likely remove it but it's still canon and that annoys me.

Other than that my complaints are rather minor.

3 people like this

I would either have Takeru continue his onslaught against the BETA, or make AF official. This mixed state of affairs does not satisfy me.

Alright, who am I kidding. I would make the whole thing about Haruko. That's what you wanted to hear, right?

41 minutes ago, AidanAK47 said:

Well Muv Luv isn't prefect so there are a number of things I could suggest. But if we are talking about one single thing I would remove one particular scene. If you haven't read Alternative, do not in any circumstances open this spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Sumika's Beta rape. It was pointless as it's basically gets pushed aside as soon as it finishes. We all know the BETA did something unforgivable to Sumika and having no details is a lot better than knowing they essentially raped her. It was a scene I felt was put there just for shock value and just added a distasteful blemish on a otherwise great Visual novel. The All age's version will likely remove it but it's still canon and that annoys me.

Valid point.

Edited by Mormaethor

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, AidanAK47 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I was gonna say something else but yeah I'd agree with this actually.

1 person likes this

I've always had a problem with the beginning of Alternative.

Spoiler

Mainly Takeru going through basic training again. I don't believe that Takeru in Alternative should have had as close a relationship with the other girls as Takeru in Unlimited did up to that point and I thought there was a missed opportunity to take advantage that later on when the new events started to happen.

In Unlimited, Takeru helped the girls overcome a trial (getting Kei and Chizuru to work together, encouraging Tama to shoot down the ship on a crash course to Yokohama base, etc) and afterwards the girls grew stronger personally, Takeru himself grew stronger and was slowly waking up to the reality of the new world he was in, and they were all around a tighter group by the time Christmas came.

In Alternative, he's going about that first part like he's playing a video game. He already knows what's going to happen. He blazes through any challenge, he outright prevents some of the events from coming to fruition, and his main concern is getting past the next objective. He seemed more detached from the other girls, building the relationship based on nostalgia from the previous universe. From the perspective of the girls: this is a guy who shows up out of nowhere, already knew everything that they were supposed to learn in basic training, knew so much about TSFs, and when questioned on how he knows what he knows, he comes up with weak excuses like "a friend told him about it". It's suspicious, and I would have liked to have seen some caution in one of the girls (mainly Chizuru). Not outright distrust, but an acknowledgment that Takeru wasn't what he seemed to be.

So when something like the coup d'tat happens, an event that affects everyone personally, during that short moment of reflection where Takeru has to talk to all of the girls I wanted someone to call him out on being so suspicious, coming to console them, acting like he knows them when he really doesn't (at least not in this universe). I wanted to see cracks between Takeru and the rest of the group and I wanted to see Takeru realize that he'd been going about this the wrong way and grow from it. I wanted them to use that to break them apart and use something like CHOMP (which was an event where they all genuinely got hurt and they all went through together in that universe) to bring them back as one team stronger than before (after Takeru's adventure back into Extra of course). 

So to actually answer the question,

Spoiler

I'd create a divide between Takeru and the girls that surfaces during the coup d'tat and use Marimo's death as the way they eventually get back together as a stronger unit.

3 people like this

Make the kill order in Alternative less predictable. 

It would also be nice if the non heroine girls from Extra were relevant after the first half of it as well.

I honestly wouldn't change much about Unlimited or Alternative, maybe with Unlimited I would make the different heroines actually have a couple different scenes on their paths, aside from the H-Scenes and the ending talk.  For Extra? well actually I would just add more routes, Yuuko, Marimo (maybe make these two a combo route?) I'd have Tsukuyomi be an off-shoot of Meiya and maybe for funsies I'd have the Three Idiots be romancable as well, just because it would be torture for everyone involved.

I'm going to be selfish and say that Muv Luv should have me in it.

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Beware the chomp, my friend. You're a braver man (Woman?) than I.

17 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Well, it's fine if you are in Extra world, but for the BETA world... well, good luck...

4 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Beware the chomp, my friend. You're a braver man (Woman?) than I.

Well, either man or woman, there's no escape.

Spoiler

Looking back on our friendly Gate Guards. And our hero Takahashi.

I'd have Gouda make some appearances in the main series rather than the Spin-Offs but we all know that was gonna be my answer to this question xD

1 person likes this

1. Make it using less repetitive narration at some points in the game. Used heavily during Takeru's ride with Yuuko. 

Make the Armored Suits less fanservicey. I didn't start Muv luv for that, and I put up with the Suits because i was enjoying everything else much more than it annoyed me.

11 hours ago, AidanAK47 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Or this. i felt the exact same way when I got to it.

Edited by derek58

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, derek58 said:

Make the Armored Suits less fanservicey. I didn't start Muv luv for that, and I put up with the Suits because i was enjoying everything else much more than it annoyed me.

Some unreliable source said that the transparent suits are replaced in the "all ages" version. Can someone confirm this?

2 people like this

w...what kind of blasphemy is this? you... you dare? trying to taint this divine perfection with your mortal filth? how dare you?

This is it. The witch hunt has begun. Our legion of destroyer-class inquisitor will hunt you down. Our soldier-class torturer will make you witness your worst nightmare over and over again!!

Okay, joke aside, I would welcome more extra routes. But if 'change' refer to me being some kind of reality-warping being that can change anything, I would change this.

'Muv-luv become EXTREMELY popular both in Japan and in the west, Anime of Muv-luv original trilogy has already been made with never before seen collaboration of Sunrise/Ufotable/Madhouse, bringing the best out of all the studios. Music was done by Jam project and Yuki kajiura. The anime was made in 3 seasons, with more than 10 OVAs for every optional routes. It was awarded multiple anime of the year. Hollywood try to buy right for making live action film, but ALL bids were denied.'

I can die happily now.

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, ViciousA said:

Okay, joke aside, I would welcome more extra routes. But if 'change' refer to me being some kind of reality-warping being that can change anything, I would change this.

'Muv-luv become EXTREMELY popular both in Japan and in the west, Anime of Muv-luv original trilogy has already been made with never before seen collaboration of Sunrise/Ufotable/Madhouse, bringing the best out of all the studios. Music was done by Jam project and Yuki kajiura. The anime was made in 3 seasons, with more than 10 OVAs for every optional routes. It was awarded multiple anime of the year. Hollywood try to buy right for making live action film, but ALL bids were denied.'

I can die happily now.

Best dream ever~~~

21 minutes ago, ViciousA said:

I can die happily now.

With you on everything except Kajiura. Yuki has only one style and that doesn't fit with Muv Luv at all. I would go more for a combination of Yoko Kanno and maybe Hiroyuki Sawano.

13 minutes ago, AidanAK47 said:

With you on everything except Kajiura. Yuki has only one style and that doesn't fit with Muv Luv at all. I would go more for a combination of Yoko Kanno and maybe Hiroyuki Sawano.

Indeed. When I think about  it you were right. Yoko kanno would fit theme of muv-luv much better than Kajiura. (I admit I was bias, Kajiura was my personal favorite after all)