Fh2Hi

METAL GEAR

32 posts in this topic

Anyone still working through the latest Metal Gear? I've been slowly working through it and am sitting at about 70 hours with only 40% completed! Definitely would say I've got my moneys worth so far

1442824293918.png

1 person likes this

I finished it last week. The gameplay was excellent, but I have to say that the story was really lacking. And there wasn't much point to Keifer voicing Snake if he barely even speaks.

As it stands, I'd have to say my rating of the MGS games I've played from favorite to least is 3>1>5>4>2

Edited by derek58

10 minutes ago, derek58 said:

As it stands, I'd have to say my rating of the MGS games I've played from favorite to least is 3>1>5>4>2

Oh wow that's actually how I rate the Main Games too minus all the Spin-Offs and Side Games xD

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, derek58 said:

I finished it last week. The gameplay was excellent, but I have to say that the story was really lacking. And there wasn't much point to Keifer voicing Snake if he barely even speaks.

I agree the story isn't complete but the gameplay is Top notch. they don't call phantom pain for nothing as we all can feel it on that game.

1 person likes this

Pretty much most of the conversations I have about the game are about how Players weren't super blown away by the story but how they think gameplay feels revolutionary compared to the previous MGS titles.

1 person likes this

Funnily enough, I'm currently doing Peace Walker's true ending route. And Peace Walker does serve as MGSV's foundation, so...

1 minute ago, JakatoX said:

Pretty much most of the conversations I have about the game are about how Players weren't super blown away by the story but how they think gameplay feels revolutionary compared to the previous MGS titles.

Yeah, gameplay-wise, this is MGS's zenith.

1 person likes this

Absolutely. I had a huge amount of fun just infiltrating outposts, quietly knocking out everyone there, and then fultoning them. And it got even more fun once i got the Rocket Punch! B|

Edited by derek58

11 minutes ago, derek58 said:

Absolutely. I had a huge amount of fun just infiltrating outposts, quietly knocking out everyone there, and then fultoning them. And it got even more fun once i got the Rocket Punch! B|

Oh yeah I think all Mecha fans love taking over outposts with the Rocket Punch! I'm surprised they even got Kiefer to yell "ROCKET PUUUUUNCH!!!!" let alone got him to yell

"HAIDARAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

Giving me Zone of The Enders flashbacks xD

I've just being going though all the MSGs that u recently got from the legacy collection pack (up to MGS2). Phantom pain comes later though I already clocked some pretty good scores on the ground zero awhile back.

7 hours ago, derek58 said:

I agree with the voicing of snake some parts were so awkward I couldn't help but laugh because of there being no dialogue from him to the other characters.

• Spoiler underneath has part of the main story in it so please do not click if your not pass mission 29 :)
Spoiler

The ride with skull face was hilarious in my personal opinion due to this.

@Kiyotaka Regarding your spoiler

Spoiler

I was laughing the entire time Skullface was talking, Snake just kept looking back into the camera like 'u fuckin kidding me right now'

I have certainly enjoyed the gameplay so far but do agree on the lack of story. Even when listening to all of the cassettes you don't really get too much imho.

1442822758677.png

@Fh2Hi

Spoiler

I know right it was so bad, I was almost in tears especially when the music came in out of no where I just busted out laughing so hard.

I agree also the story is lacking unlike the other MGS games, but I will admit the game play is still top notch from what I expect out of a MGS game.

My favorite part just before the end of chapter 1

Spoiler

Is getting to see Skullface yell out WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as Sahaelanthropus screams at you. Right after you get transported to the chopper as an intermission and when you start the next story mission, it is just Skullface yelling WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO again. I just couldn't take it seriously as I was laughing too hard

1441927025487.png

@Fh2Hi

Spoiler

Oh, ya that part "Such Lust For Revenge" Whooooooooooo?! I swear that part also made me laugh so hard its just like oh boy like some stuff is placed pretty badly in that game but that part was just pure hilarious. Then like you said in Mission 31 Whooooooooo?! again is just too much you go in a battle just still laughing your butt off.

That picture, I still remember that cut scene were that guy was trying to act cool doing a stunt like that.

Gameplay-wise, I'll agree with nearly everyone here. MGSV rocks in that regard.

But honestly, I had more luls over (The sheer epic of) riding around on horseback with an anti-tank weapon during missions like Sahelanthropus and Back Up, Back Down, while playing "The Final Countdown"

Also, for reasons we all should know from the trailer and the game...

Spoiler

Quiet's Theme will always be a song of parting for me. She was my most used partner.

Best Assassin's Creed game ever.

Some of the things that were weird about it (Keifer not talking, maybe the jeep ride, the ending) were either things being cut from the game or Konami not wanting to spend more money because they thought it would take years to get all the money they spent on the game back (then it made $185 million on launch day). I forget where I heard it, but because they had to pay Keifer more since he was a hollywood guy, they gave him less lines and that's why most of the story comes from game VAs who come with a lower paycheck (and do a better job if you ask me. Troy Baker sounds like Ocelot, not bored Jack Bauer.).

Here's a ton of cut stuff (Spoilers, obviously). #2 fills a massive plot thread/gaping hole that is never explained, leaving you to assume that sometime between the end of the game and MGS1 something nonsensical happens:
http://whatculture.com/gaming/metal-gear-solid-v-every-piece-of-cut-content-you-need-to-see.php

1 person likes this

The true horror of MGSV and their fucks up was the lack of questioning Snake

Spoiler

Metal gear? A hind-D? You're that ninja.

14 hours ago, GreatP3nguin said:

Obviously, there was a pretty good reason.

Spoiler

It was a random dude all along.

14 hours ago, GreatP3nguin said:

Hide contents

Metal gear? A hind-D? You're that ninja.

But... That's a different Snake!!! A more... Solid... Snake...

*Shot*

1 minute ago, Shinygami said:

But... That's a different Snake!!! A more... Solid... Snake...

*Shot*

Spoiler

- Metal Gear !? It can't be !

- ... You knew !? Metal Gear is one the most secret black projects ! How did you know that ?

- We've had a couple run-ins in the past.

Sure you did, haha :P

Give me MGS3 story with MGS5 gameplay and i'll be in heaven. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Jawer said:

Spoiler

You should come inside the box...

Then you'll know what I mean.

Make it stooop ! lol

52 minutes ago, Jawer said:

Well the 3DS Version has the good features of Peace Walker like Crouch Position Movement..... I have no idea why they didn't include that feature in the HD Collection o.O

Edited by JakatoX
Minor edit

Had to throw this out there since I only now got the chance to check things out but MGSV got a ton of new things with the latest November Update! Not only was MGO Updated but the Main Game as well.....One of the updates in the Main Game is pretty interesting.....

Spoilers for the game after Mission 45

Spoiler

It is now possible to recover and get Quiet back as a Buddy even after playing this Mission O.o

Edited by JakatoX
Information edit

8 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Had to throw this out there since I only now got the chance to check things out but MGSV got a ton of new things with the latest November Update! Not only was MGO Updated but the Main Game as well.....One of the updates in the Main Game is pretty interesting.....

Spoilers for the game after Mission 45

Hide contents

It is now possible to recover and get Quiet back as a Buddy even after playing this Mission O.o

WHAAAAAAAAAAT!?

I must... Get... Back... Must... Gaaah....!!! *Head goes boom*

I hate my crappy internet. Download faster dammit.