Otoshigami

Libra of the Vampire Princess KS prefundia

33 posts in this topic

Libra of the Vampire Princess is on prefundia for those who want to help to make this project a success. if you guys feel like helping them, feel free to give a FEEDBACK on their pre-kickstarter setup. Connor and Nonscpo are helping them too to give a Head start. I want this Game to become a success too and the art is pretty gorgeous. :) 

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-bishoujo-game-english-version/6962/

Edited by Otoshigami

2 people like this

I know I'll try to pitch in. I'm pretty excited for this, but ML just emptied my bank account and so many games starting to come out now. 

3 minutes ago, Reizei said:

I know I'll try to pitch in. I'm pretty excited for this, but ML just emptied my bank account and so many games starting to come out now. 

I know, that's why we have to recharge our wallets before Vampire KS hits sooner or later. don't worry nov/dec will not be the month to be launched since I have warned them about it.

The art is indeed gorgeous. Bit of a shame though that there are only three main routes (for Karen/Calen, Aoi and Mari). Really wished Iris had her own route instead of just being a smallish part of Mari's. What's even sadder is that loli-baba doesn't even have a small omake route in the Japanese version. :/  Hopefully she get's at the very least more screen time within the "Mini Episode 1+2" stretch goals.

That being said, the rewards look promising. A tier with *3* pillowcases, and digital OST/artbook/game for only $280? That's cheap! Depending on when their kickstarter starts, I might just choose that tier for myself.

Looks decent.  I'll probably back it.  Not 100% sure though.  Spent way too much money on VN's lately.  Muv Luv, Norn9, Code Realize, just to name a few.  

As long as the project start on January or after, I'm more than happy to back it. December or this month is a big NO! 

2 hours ago, Johannes said:

Looks decent.  I'll probably back it.  Not 100% sure though.  Spent way too much money on VN's lately.  Muv Luv, Norn9, Code Realize, just to name a few.  

Wow,so you've read Norn9 and Code Realize.What do you think about  those two VNs? I would consider spending money on them if they are good enough. Any suggestion?

6 hours ago, Kamigoroshi said:

Bit of a shame though that there are only three main routes (for Karen/Calen, Aoi and Mari). Really wished Iris had her own route instead of just being a smallish part of Mari's.

Really? only 3 routes? No Kaede route?

5 hours ago, FaceEater said:

Really? only 3 routes? No Kaede route?

As of now? No Kaede route. Or Sakurako route. Or Iris-tan route. T_T

Luckily at least Lycoris has an "Extra" route. There are four more of these "Extra" routes if I remember correctly: Mari's, Aoi's, Calen's and an Harem one. Hopefully they will add more routes as kickstarter stretch goals.

13 hours ago, Otoshigami said:

I know, that's why we have to recharge our wallets before Vampire KS hits sooner or later. don't worry nov/dec will not be the month to be launched since I have warned them about it.

I really hope not.  Between Muv-Luv, the holidays, and a bunch of great games coming out my wallet is on life support.

5 hours ago, Kamigoroshi said:

As of now? No Kaede route. Or Sakurako route. Or Iris-tan route. T_T

Luckily at least Lycoris has an "Extra" route. There are four more of these "Extra" routes if I remember correctly: Mari's, Aoi's, Calen's and an Harem one. Hopefully they will add more routes as kickstarter stretch goals.

yeah I'm thinking those stretch goals might unlock other character routes with the power of KS. B|

It looks pretty cool. I'll see if I can save up some money to support it.

Mari needs also a non-route for her. Basically be her in her antics in a normal day. Or something. Could be fun.

On 11/4/2015, 2:06:28, gill008 said:

Wow,so you've read Norn9 and Code Realize.What do you think about  those two VNs? I would consider spending money on them if they are good enough. Any suggestion?

I haven't started Norn9 yet, reading Code Realize first (only halfway through first route, so can't really comment on story.  It's engaging so far...)

I like CR.  The art is nice, there is a nice Victorian era-steampunk theme, the men look good.  The heroine has a nice little caveat. Her body melts anything it touches, something like King Midas' curse. This is not a spoiler, you find this out in the first few moments and the back of the game cover that she exudes poison.

I'll recommend CR to any otome game fan.  I don't regret paying $40 CDN for it.  I'd say get it, maybe not now, but definitely in the future. Sorry if this is too vague, I'm not really reviewer material.  

good news everyone. they just updated their FRONT PAGE yesterday and it looks better. :)

Also, they reduced the goal by 10,000. Which is mostly meaningless, as it's now 160k instead of 170k, but still.

Assuming an average of $40, (game costs $35 once the early birds are gone and physical is 60) that's 4000 backers. Feasible, if still a lot. 

I probably won't donate, but I'm curious as to how Mikandi will fare.

Edited by encrypted12345

Truly, for a totally unknown game reaching the 3000 backers would already be extremely good. They will have to rely on raising that average, so on the bigger tiers. Luckily it seems they are already well stocked in that way, and they are giving it time so that people hear about it. I still would put anything above 120k as very risky, but they have a chance, specially if they wait a little more.

I think you guys forgot that Sakai project(pioneered) and Mul-luv team(Bridged it for japanese) paved the way for Other Japanese VN to use KS so that they will know that there is a demand from the west and we are Fully aware of this.  I'm sure they will get a lot of backers in the next 2 months or so due to our insights giving to them.

Edited by Otoshigami

we have an update that they will launch it on DECEMBER 10th. I'm not sure if that's okay to go through with that.

Dec is the worst month for kickstarters isn't it? I still havent recovered from muv luv ks and as much as I would like to help, probably cannot just yet.

it is. I don't know why they made that decision but I don't think it's a good idea unless they made like 45-60 day or something.

@Johannes Yep, December is the second-worst month, beaten only by July.

Launching December 10 is... a terrible idea. I definitely won't be able to back it after MuvLuv and some other things. (I'm also backing Indivisible over on Indiegogo.) Hopefully they run it for 60 days. That'll cause problems with pacing though. Somehow I feel that they're in for a rocky ride.

December is actually above both July and August, and the difference between it and both October and November is almost negligible.

So it's not that bad of a idea: it would be better to wait for January but they can't simply wait doing nothing. Now, I'm more worried because of the overlap between it and Root double, the prefundia has just been made and Sekai Project tends to be rather fast in starting their KS.

Overall it doesn't look that good, but I don't think the choice of month is really as terrible as you seem to think. The problem has always been the goal and not the month itself.

@Marx-93 We'll see how they do. Personally I want them to succeed; it looks like a nice project.

Careful when interpreting that graph though. Both July and August have really low values, but the blue line tracks success by starting month and the orange line tracks success by ending month. Most campaigns are ~30 days in length, so it stands to reason that if most campaigns that fail start in July, most campaigns that fail would also end in August. Since we're looking at when MiKandi should start, it's best to keep to the blue line.

And yes, Root Double is another wrench in the works for them. I still think they should try to distance themselves from Christmas as much as possible, though.

44 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

@Marx-93 We'll see how they do. Personally I want them to succeed; it looks like a nice project.

Careful when interpreting that graph though. Both July and August have really low values, but the blue line tracks success by starting month and the orange line tracks success by ending month. Most campaigns are ~30 days in length, so it stands to reason that if most campaigns that fail start in July, most campaigns that fail would also end in August. Since we're looking at when MiKandi should start, it's best to keep to the blue line.

And yes, Root Double is another wrench in the works for them. I still think they should try to distance themselves from Christmas as much as possible, though.

I actually used the percentages below to guide me: the first graph should be an histogram instead of a line so it's fairly ambiguous to interpret (to not to say plain wrong, but as it's easier on the eyes and merely used as summary of what it's below it's fine).

Besides that I agree. The project seems nice, but while it does have some very good things it also has triggered some warning bells in my mind (not big, but more of those "We don't exactly know what we're getting into").

1 person likes this