Unin

Fan-Games?

54 posts in this topic

On February 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM, G3rman said:

Figured I would make a post here when I finished Episode 01 of my Divergence Chronicles series. For now it's just recorded video, but I have really enjoyed creating this project from the ground up. Sorry about the resolution, but ren'py's native resolution is really tiny and even this is a few sizes up, but I didn't want to make it ridiculously large either. Youtube cropping magic only fixes so much, but hopefully in future releases I can improve the recording quality.

Apart from wanting to tell this story, I really wanted to gain more experience both in general game development and with the specific tools used like Ren'Py, Audacity, and I even learned a few new things with good ol' GIMP. That's not to mention how much I've learned just from working with the assets and figuring out how it all comes together to make a game.

Even if I am never able to make an Episode 2, it was an amazing learning experience and was very satisfying to bring these characters and locales to life once more outside of the original series'.

I hope if you watch the video, you manage to enjoy it as well.

For most of my development work and spoilers you can check out the link in my blog. There isn't a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff detailing my workflow yet, but for that I'd like to make a separate blog post on the wiki and go into more depth.

Ooooh nice, say wait a sec. Aren't you that guy what was writing that one Providence fic or something?

7 hours ago, Amazing Agent D said:

Ooooh nice, say wait a sec. Aren't you that guy what was writing that one Providence fic or something?

Yes. I decided to create this as a spiritual successor so to speak, since I no longer have time to write on that account.