Unin

Fan-Games?

54 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

And maybe even a single case of Phoenix Wong if I can work out how to Parody Phoenix Wright to feel like an Age Game! haha

Less over-the-top comedy. More slapstick comedy. More moe.

And replace the female sidekick with Haruko.

1 hour ago, JakatoX said:

And maybe even a single case of Phoenix Wong if I can work out how to Parody Phoenix Wright to feel like an Age Game! haha

Spoiler

EDGEWORTH: The Superior's got me, Phoenix! You must pull the trigger!

PHOENIX: NO! EDGEWOOORTH!!!!

JUDGE: The law must change according to the needs of mankind. In most situations, I'd consider murder an abhorrent crime, but I'm afraid in this case it is necessary, Pheonix.

Phoenix shoots Edgeworth, and he and Judge escape the Hive.

JUDGE: I must say, Phoenix, having seen what you did, on the charge of being a negligent twat who always runs away from reality, I find you NOT GUILTY.

33 minutes ago, Mormaethor said:

Less over-the-top comedy. More slapstick comedy. More moe.

And replace the female sidekick with Haruko.

*imagines【the Gaze】*

Oh snap !

I think I got the main phrases set for Phoenix Wong

"COUNTER-ARGUMENT!"

"STOP THERE!"

"CHECK THIS!"

xD

1 minute ago, JakatoX said:

I think I got the main phrases set for Phoenix Wong

"COUNTER-ARGUMENT!"

"STOP THERE!"

"CHECK THIS!"

xD

People die if they are killed.

Not our fandom, but it needs to be in.

18 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

*imagines【the Gaze】*

Oh snap !

Fembro would make a great sidekick.

Gumshoe would be replaced with Mr. Fedora.

1 person likes this

@Mormaethor

Yeah one way I could do this is just use the Muv-Luv Sprites and cast the characters as the Phoenix Wong Characters, that's why the people in Extra can relate to the game! :D

3 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

@Mormaethor

Yeah one way I could do this is just use the Muv-Luv Sprites and cast the characters as the Phoenix Wong Characters, that's why the people in Extra can relate to the game! :D

I can't even begin to wonder about what kind of cases this would have ! lol

19 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

I can't even begin to wonder about what kind of cases this would have ! lol

The mystery of the missing shoe. (the one Takeru uses as a distraction in one of his time loops, if I remember correclty)

Who destroyed the microwave. (if you've read AF)

The tsukiji-conspiracy.

Marimo's love life.

Marimo's past.

And more. I can provide a long supply of bullshit like this. I leave the scripting to PulakK.

Edited by Mormaethor

1 person likes this

Personally I'd like to make

"Gouda Jouji v. The People"

But that's just my preference lol

Spoiler

Or if you really want to get dark there can be a case where you can get revenge on the counterpart of "You-Know-Who" from "Extra Branch" for attempting what he is infamous for since we couldn't get revenge in the real game >:(

Edited by JakatoX
Minor edit

On 2015/11/11 17:18:46, JakatoX said:
  Hide contents

Or if you really want to get dark there can be a case where you can get revenge on the counterpart of "You-Know-Who" from "Extra Branch" for attempting what he is infamous for since we couldn't get revenge in the real game >:(

who?

On 11/12/2015, 5:18:46, JakatoX said:

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, FaceEater said:

who?

Lemme guess.....could it be.....

Spoiler

Stalker-kun?

@FaceEater

6 hours ago, Svenhent said:

Lemme guess.....could it be.....

Hide contents

Stalker-kun?

Spoiler

Yeah we never did get our revenge let alone confront the guy, and considering how it seems like each character in the series has a counterpart in each Universe who's to say that he's not planning on doing what he did in the current Universe as well?

It's one of the dangers that still exist after the ending O.o

27 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

@FaceEater

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah we never did get our revenge let alone confront the guy, and considering how it seems like each character in the series has a counterpart in each Universe who's to say that he's not planning on doing what he did in the current Universe as well?

It's one of the dangers that still exist after the ending O.o

Spoiler

Oh sh.. Let us form the Anti Stalker-kun Squad ! And uh.. don't try to type the acronym, please.. ^^''''''

1 person likes this

Okay so after trying to figure out embedded videos I was able to upload this little teaser ^_^ 

Edited by JakatoX

2 people like this

Figured I would make a post here when I finished Episode 01 of my Divergence Chronicles series. For now it's just recorded video, but I have really enjoyed creating this project from the ground up. Sorry about the resolution, but ren'py's native resolution is really tiny and even this is a few sizes up, but I didn't want to make it ridiculously large either. Youtube cropping magic only fixes so much, but hopefully in future releases I can improve the recording quality.

Apart from wanting to tell this story, I really wanted to gain more experience both in general game development and with the specific tools used like Ren'Py, Audacity, and I even learned a few new things with good ol' GIMP. That's not to mention how much I've learned just from working with the assets and figuring out how it all comes together to make a game.

Even if I am never able to make an Episode 2, it was an amazing learning experience and was very satisfying to bring these characters and locales to life once more outside of the original series'.

I hope if you watch the video, you manage to enjoy it as well.

For most of my development work and spoilers you can check out the link in my blog. There isn't a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff detailing my workflow yet, but for that I'd like to make a separate blog post on the wiki and go into more depth.

2 people like this

@G3rman

Not bad at all ! I enjoyed this quite a bit ! Nice use of Ren'Py here :)

Curious mode here so I have a few questions :

- Did you try to go for a wide screen resolution in the options.rpy script file or did you leave the default all along ?

- Did you do it all using Screen language and ATL or did you get some Python in as well ?

- What software did you use to record this ?

(Yep, I'm trying to get info on your future behind-the-scenes blog post haha, no shame :P )

35 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

@G3rman

Not bad at all ! I enjoyed this quite a bit ! Nice use of Ren'Py here :)

Curious mode here so I have a few questions :

- Did you try to go for a wide screen resolution in the options.rpy script file or did you leave the default all along ?

- Did you do it all using Screen language and ATL or did you get some Python in as well ?

- What software did you use to record this ?

(Yep, I'm trying to get info on your future behind-the-scenes blog post haha, no shame :P )

My resolution is 1024 x 800, so its wide but not by a large margin. Default was as I remember 800 x 600.

Everything was pretty standard except for character sprites which were dynamic displayables (specifically I used the livecomposite method of animation), otherwise the transitions and other such things were basic things like fade and dissolve. Honestly I didn't really use ATL yet, since I'm saving that for more complex scenes (such as TSF animations).

And I use OBS to record, which is a great free program that does both streaming and recording.

Edited by G3rman

1 person likes this

*Sigh* why did'ja have to put Takeru back through the BETAverse? Hasn't that poor chap been through enough?!

Sorry, but that's just my knee-jerk reaction whenever I see a fic trying to follow up on Alternative by rehashing Alternative's setting. It all becomes kind of nihilistic if Takeru's trials ultimately end up amounting to nothing. (and why did you have to go with the bleakest possible resolution to the Alternative BETAverse? Come on, man.)

Having said that, I like the way you're playing around with the setting here. Kouzuki Yuuko remembering her past worlds and coming up with a new plan to defeat the BETA should be very interesting. I'm also relieved that this fan VN will be closer in tone to Unlimited than Alternative, because I don't need to see Takeru (or myself) tortured anymore than we already have been.

Good luck with your project, and be sure to keep us updated.

4 hours ago, PulakK said:

*Sigh* why did'ja have to put Takeru back through the BETAverse? Hasn't that poor chap been through enough?!

Sorry, but that's just my knee-jerk reaction whenever I see a fic trying to follow up on Alternative by rehashing Alternative's setting. It all becomes kind of nihilistic if Takeru's trials ultimately end up amounting to nothing. (and why did you have to go with the bleakest possible resolution to the Alternative BETAverse? Come on, man.)

Having said that, I like the way you're playing around with the setting here. Kouzuki Yuuko remembering her past worlds and coming up with a new plan to defeat the BETA should be very interesting. I'm also relieved that this fan VN will be closer in tone to Unlimited than Alternative, because I don't need to see Takeru (or myself) tortured anymore than we already have been.

Good luck with your project, and be sure to keep us updated.

I'm not sure if I agree with the bleakest resolution; Yuuko did say after all that Takeru's work gave them twenty years and basically saved that place. She just wants to do it even better this time around.

But yes, I'm not interested in telling another Alternative that is even more extreme and angsty than the original. It's been done before and apart from the original trilogy, I don't think fan stories have really added that much to the fold in that sense.

So instead, I wanted to write sort of a homage, a fan disc to the Alt-verse where we go back to some lightheartedness and big heroics and focus less on the death and shock and PTSD-ness. That's the plan, anyway.

Thanks for your interest in the project.

17 minutes ago, G3rman said:

I'm not sure if I agree with the bleakest resolution; Yuuko did say after all that Takeru's work gave them twenty years and basically saved that place. She just wants to do it even better this time around.

But yes, I'm not interested in telling another Alternative that is even more extreme and angsty than the original. It's been done before and apart from the original trilogy, I don't think fan stories have really added that much to the fold in that sense.

So instead, I wanted to write sort of a homage, a fan disc to the Alt-verse where we go back to some lightheartedness and big heroics and focus less on the death and shock and PTSD-ness. That's the plan, anyway.

Thanks for your interest in the project.

Well, when I said that you gave the bleakest resolution to Alternative, I was thinking that basically mankind got another 20 years and then the BETA won, which comes across as pretty nihilistic to me, especially after the shit Alternative put Takeru through. I'd have preferred that the tables be turned on the BETA or even that there be some kind of stalemate, instead of a conclusion that says, "in the long run, humanity still failed".

To be fair, that does serve as a good plot point for what you're doing, but it isn't very pleasant to see the ray of hope at the end of Alternative eventually caving in.

Edited by PulakK

Episode 02 has begun development, and as seen on twitter, a preview of Isumi Michiru.

latest?cb=20160302114313

1 person likes this