Unin

Fan-Games?

54 posts in this topic

Share your creations here - Art, Music, Games, Writings, Voice Acting, and more!

Hi all, I've been working on a muv-luv fan-VN based on a certain semi-popular muv-luv fan-fic over the past few years. I would love to get the project to the point where I could freely share it with the official English community. Seeing this forum's description, it seems like it might be an appropriate venue. That said, I understand that copyright holders might not be too keen to have a fan work using large amounts of their art/sound/graphical/musical assets available as part of a non-endorsed work on the internet. So what I'd like to know before proceeding further, is what is an acceptable level of "creative infringement" for this forum, and what level âge, Acid Co, ixtl, and degica are willing to tolerate on the whole in terms of attributed not for profit fan works?

Edited by Unin

2 people like this

Ooooh, I remember that. Great job.

Btw, what happened to the author? I quite enjoyed that fic.

Well, you could always claim fair use. Or ask the Muv Luv team directly, if that's feasible. This is an official forum, after all.

Well I already talked about the SRW Fan-Game that I'm helping out with in the PX Lounge so I'll most leave that discussion there but talking about the possibility of Mini-Games in the 300K topic is actually giving me ideas.

I'm half tempted now to come up with some proof of concepts for that Game Guy Collection! :D

2 hours ago, JakatoX said:

I'm half tempted now to come up with some proof of concepts for that Game Guy Collection! :D

My eyes seem to have picked on something interesting ! Are you teasing us, sir ? xD

10 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

My eyes seem to have picked on something interesting ! Are you teasing us, sir ? xD

He wants to cash-out the surplus.

Just now, Mormaethor said:

He wants to cash-out the surplus.

Whaaaaaa !? :P

@Klashvorn

Well I started working on a basic Sprite Sheet for the 2-D Game Guy Version of Valgern-On's Kaizer.

I'll get back to you guys when I'm ready to show it haha

@JakatoX  Best of luck to you. Perhaps one day we can collaborate.

@PulakK, A case might be made for fair use, but honestly, I'd rather be dedicating myself to a welcome community then hiding behind a legal gray area... isn't that why we all shelled out hundreds for an official release?(well, that and I didn't have a type-00R yet 9_9). I'm more than 2 years into my project, and while it started as an exercise in honing my craft and a labor of love, I really want to be able to share it (not for profit of course) with the community without having to look over my shoulder

@Mormaethor Thanks, that means a lot to me. Hopefully you'll appreciate the progress I've made. To my knowledge, PX is still writing (i get email updates), but currently working on other projects. I don't know if he intends to return to OLTL in the future, but my rendition is starting to diverge from his, and I intend to carry on even if he moves on to other things.

2 minutes ago, Unin said:

@Mormaethor Thanks, that means a lot to me. Hopefully you'll appreciate the progress I've made. To my knowledge, PX is still writing (i get email updates), but currently working on other projects. I don't know if he intends to return to OLTL in the future, but my rendition is starting to diverge from his, and I intend to carry on even if he moves on to other things.

Well, back in the day I saw only what... the first chapter adaption or something.

Yeah, noticed that too. He probably won't return to it.

Edited by Mormaethor

54 minutes ago, Unin said:

@JakatoX  Best of luck to you. Perhaps one day we can collaborate.

That might come sooner than you think actually. 

Depending if I go further than the 2-D Version of Valgern-On on this Game Guy Collection proof of concept idea I could use help making the Not!Phoenix Wright game for it xD

6 hours ago, JakatoX said:

That might come sooner than you think actually. 

Depending if I go further than the 2-D Version of Valgern-On on this Game Guy Collection proof of concept idea I could use help making the Not!Phoenix Wright game for it xD

You just keep on throwing teasing lines, don't you ? xD

1 hour ago, Klashvorn said:

You just keep on throwing teasing lines, don't you ? xD

Well it shouldn't be too much of a tease if I show what I got within a few days from now!.....Oh wait minute-Is saying that sentence considered a tease too?

Darn, this is harder than I thought O.o

Just now, JakatoX said:

Well it shouldn't be too much of a tease if I show what I got within a few days from now!.....Oh wait minute-Is saying that sentence considered a tease too?

Gosh darn it ! xDxD

Some old/simply GameGuy-ish stuff is not that hard to cook up, I just suck at everything art. So no games from me. I stick to getting the focus to actually writing my hack. It's about 85%ish done, in my head...

Just now, Mormaethor said:

Some old/simply GameGuy-ish stuff is not that hard to cook up, I just suck at everything art. So no games from me. I stick to getting the focus to actually writing my hack. It's about 85%ish done, in my head...

Well it's still nice progress ! *thumbs up*

2 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Well it's still nice progress ! *thumbs up*

I actually created a lot of stuffs for PnP/Storytelling over the years. But I only wrote up about 2% of it. Maybe.

Huh. For some reason the image of a physical tabletop RPG board game version of Faraway Dawn popped into my head with a GM setting up scenarios.....Strange.

Okay so I'm still working on Sprite Sheets for this and I'll put them up after they are finished but I did get some placeholder Menus, UI Elements, and a Faux Boot-Up Sequence finished so I'll just show some screens of that.

GameGuy.png.39df23545e99cdb5d3a2c14796bb

SAGA1.png.1c418b04c5b20d27abc60326187ddf

VOMenu2.png.04882abc334606a3aa7bc6a94b73

Instructions1.png.1be9d673346141d5a0f7f7

33 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

VOMenu2.png.04882abc334606a3aa7bc6a94b73

Haha, this old drawing of mine shall capture my current feelings after seeing this !

Klash_so_dandy.png

@Klashvorn

I'd make it more pixelated like a GBA Game from 2001 but like I said these are just placeholders for a proof of concept.

Once I got something actually playable I'll worry about style aesthetics :D

3 hours ago, JakatoX said:

@Klashvorn

I'd make it more pixelated like a GBA Game from 2001 but like I said these are just placeholders for a proof of concept.

Once I got something actually playable I'll worry about style aesthetics :D

OMG Valgern-On's coming FOR REALS!

2 hours ago, PulakK said:

OMG Valgern-On's coming FOR REALS!

And maybe even a single case of Phoenix Wong if I can work out how to Parody Phoenix Wright to feel like an Age Game! haha