Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
limith

Negative Mass Gray Elements

5 posts in this topic

If you put that together, plus the big advances on AI and robotics, we are close to create both Unit-00 and our own version of BETA.

Not sure how good or bad this is.

Another interesting point on negative mass on the wiki is that it can apparently be used to reverse the 'arrow of time' according to some theories (we don't know enough about it yet or which theory is correct).

Maybe one day negative mass could be used for 'FTL' travel by 'reversing time' but still traveling at the speed of light.

____

I don't think we are close to a 00 unit. Mindless BETA maybe given the military wants autonomous robots that are pre programmed for war. AI algorithms have not fundamentally improved since the 90s. Much of it is based on human input and tuning, basic statistics. It's all smoke and mirrors and we don't have true ability to emulate emotion, cognition, or adaptive learning in unforeseen circumstances. We don't even understand how neural nets work and it's not very reliable https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/09/hacking-street-signs-with-stickers-could-confuse-self-driving-cars/

Edited by limith

4 hours ago, limith said:

Mindless BETA maybe given the military wants autonomous robots that are pro programmed for war.

Somehow I think we now know how the BETA were created.

Take the negative mass with a pinch of salt. In both cases what it describes is basically a super-fluid that acts as if it has negative mass (i.e. that's why they always say 'effective mass'), but not a fundamental particle with negative mass, like the grey elements would be. It's great for theorists, as it allows them to explore a lot of uncommon properties, but it doesn't have any revolutionary application as of now.