Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Discalibur

Muv-Luv fan podcast

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I thought i'd try to rekindle some activity within the community before Alternative's (hopefully soon) release and ran the idea of having a fan podcast in the Muv-Luv discord server. Currently gauging interest and seeing if anyone would like to cast in it. It'll generally be pretty casual with open discussion about the current release, what to expect in Alternative, or any other topics of interest. It'll be fairly informal so it's perfectly cool if you're new to casting (It'll be my first time hosting).

Hopefully I can get a working schedule with everyone who's interested and get something running during April. :D

Discord info: https://discord.gg/tBFvXS4

Sign up link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n25AKTOtqcWw3trNaGN3ql_REPgvA1_6NFgIuXoBcSg/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Discalibur

@Discalibur: Which Discord channel should I be looking for? I've kind of avoided the Discord, because at first it seemed primarily a place for people to fight about stupid stuff (I mean, c'mon, "discord" is in the name of the product).

Speaking of, I started a weekly livestream a few weeks back where I teach iOS development (my main gig), do Let's plays of iOS & Mac games, and then finish with a half-hour or so of annotated Muv-Luv read through. Over the first half-dozen episodes, I've been working through the second half of Unlimited, and just wrapped up the Volcano arc last week. Videos are on invalidstream, or my Vimeo channel. Of course, everyone here knows all about Unlimited… really this segment is part of my scheme to trick the normals into getting into Muv-Luv.

I'll be starting the channel soonish and then try to get a sense on people's availability, so expect an announcement within the week. The discord does require permissions for some channels so you can just poke your head out so a mod can promote you.

We do have a dedicated channel for people currently playing through the VN which will hopefully see some activity once Alternative hits.