Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elkas

Muv-Luv Alternate :Total Eclipse Visual Novel for PC

5 posts in this topic

Hello … i just got into Muv-Luv Alternate : Total Eclipse after watching the anime, and after the ending of it which is very very cliffhanger i really unsatisfied , so i browse the whole google day and night to search for the continuations and it says that the ending is on the Visual Novel games and im really glad there is a PC version and it lead me here. But i got really nervous when i saw this last update is on Jun 2016 last year … is this project died/discontinue , is this website died??

https://alternativeprojects.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/july-updates/comment-page-1/#comment-727

Please, if anyone can give any reply/answer … will be really appreciated. I really hunger for this and want to know the real ending, the anime ending left me with big big hole and many questions, but i heard there will be no second season for Total Eclipse and if you want to know the ending is in Visual Novel of it. I really hope (beg you) that this project not died.

f63be358a72302ff0f7563ded01e9f96.jpg

The project isn't dead, it's just on the list for future projects (So no one knows how long till the Total Eclipse Project will kick off)

Right now Degica is prioritizing the Kickstarter for Muv-Luv Alternative (Extra, Unlimited, etc.) and the rewards to ship out for all the backers. I believe Photonomelodies/flowers is next then Schwarzesmarken (To kill time check out the Muv-Luv Schwarzesmarken anime too). But if you're hungry for TE, you should try to be patient and wait or if you want, you can read around and spoil yourself on what happens ;) 

Now that you've immersed yourself into the Muv-Luv fanbase, it is highly encouraged that you check out the original Muv-Luv series and play the Extra - Unlimited - Alternative games and I can assure you, it's way better than Total Eclipse (Especially Alternative)

Edited by KJO

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, KJO said:

The project isn't dead, it's just on the list for future projects (So no one knows how long till the Total Eclipse Project will kick off)

Right now Degica is prioritizing the Kickstarter for Muv-Luv Alternative (Extra, Unlimited, etc.) and the rewards to ship out for all the backers. I believe Photonomelodies/flowers is next then Schwarzesmarken (To kill time check out the Muv-Luv Schwarzesmarken anime too). But if you're hungry for TE, you should try to be patient and wait or if you want, you can read around and spoil yourself on what happens ;) 

Now that you've immersed yourself into the Muv-Luv fanbase, it is highly encouraged that you check out the original Muv-Luv series and play the Extra - Unlimited - Alternative games and I can assure you, it's way better than Total Eclipse (Especially Alternative)

Thank you very much for your time to reply me KJO. The bold part is the only thing that hold this restless feelings in my heart, as long as that project isn't dead i can wait.

And about Schwarzesmarken ... i already watch it last year and even though i don't want to , i have to admit the story is very good , but it's just dark for me and i can't stand bad ending , i know it's war theme so i understand but , in my opinion i need story with good ending , to give me motivations to keep going with my life , so for me bad ending goes against it and makes me can't sleep for 2-3 days it give terrible feelings , i'm not blaming the story , like i said it's very good.

To be honest i already read some spoiler from other website that in TE ... ehm i think should put it into spoiler ??

Spoiler

Yui and Yuuya turn out to be half sibling (same father different mother), and Yuuya ended up with Cryska , but Cryska died in the end. That's for me is the same like Schwarzesmarken ending , it's bad ending and i refuse to believe it that's why i'm waiting for the VN to confirm it myself. I mean i already know the message that the goal for Yui is to complete the XFJ cannon project , Yuuya mastering the Shiranui and make it a perfect TSF , while Cryska (together with her twins) protect a world that Yuuya lives, that alone and there's also small hint that Yuuya may end with Cryska but from development and screentime Yuuya should be with Yui. I still hope for Yuuya and Yui to be together ... i hope those spoilers is wrong. It's fine if Yuuya end with Cryska but why the author have to kill her? Just like Theodor end with Irisdina but she died in the end (and very stupid instead rush her to hospital they go and watch sunrise and she died because losing too much blood, the wound itself it's not fatal and didn't hit vital organ) ... that makes me really depressed and sad , seems like the author like making the MC suffer ....

I also found this https://vndb.org/r41300

I hope that info is reliable and correct.

Edited by Elkas

@Elkas I believe that is the fan translation that is 20% completed. 

The anime didn't depict too well that Iris was wounded fatally, but she was an that's why as the last thing she wanted was to die in Theodore's arms and watch the sunrise over the newly united Germany. (That said it was totally a Hollywood ending and if the Anime wanted to, they could have avoided it) THAT said, in the Schwarzesmarken VN it takes a different turn where Iris or Beatrix do not die but are on a stretcher hauled off to a hospital. (So again Anime vs VN/manga/novel/etc. adaptation are different)  

In TE Cryska does die in the first VN release of TE which was on console but the 2nd release on PC has a true ending where Cryska is resurrected or something? (At least that's what I heard so not too sure) 

Edited by KJO

1 person likes this

from what i remember she just fell into coma, so there was no resurrection.