haloff1

Muv Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

2,381 posts in this topic

Maybe its to give thebplayer chances to finish the main quests.

Welp, so it means no shit for us oldies, i have nothing to do currently aside from event, i've done it all, no more grindables except abundant friend gacha which im lazy to grind those normies if without event

Well with nothing better to do I checked if Had any not completed story sections. There are few/ I guess I'll  finish them for that 3 gems.

Outside that. well I'll just focus on my other mobages I play.

Next event would be at 8. Alongside new main story.

If they keep up with this trends, i like it, we have some days to rest from being enslaved

Well if they be giving themselves more time between the events maybe thier quality will improve. I forgot how it was when first events had some uniqe variety about them.

How lame, they could have at least left the last event running if they're gonna' leave a whole lot of -nothing- in between now & 12/8. 

A large gap where there's nothing to do also highlights one of the games weaknesses, long time players really have nothing in particular that they need doing since everyone has pretty much fully raised their pilots & TSFs already by now.

Would be nice to have more interesting extra stuff like maybe a weekly changing cycle of their old SR events for more optional side game plays.

Mmm, I guess I could finally slowly get through all those story stock quartz of the pilots I've been leaving out.

Also while I was reading the main story, Tsukiji didn't die during the XM3 Trials. Isumi was calling her name during the Coup d'État. So looks like squad C again protected her. 

Suzumiya! Tsukiji! 

Screenshot_20171205-095858.png

Edited by Universal98

5 hours ago, Reis said:

Mmm, I guess I could finally slowly get through all those story stock quartz of the pilots I've been leaving out.

Finally have time to read beyond chap 25.

Chap 25 summary - pretty much same as alternative, 00 unit is shown to Takeru hoping he could help her regain some sort of human response but to no avail. Then 00 unit is given to C-squad and hopefully they can help her to recover. Takeru inform squad C that he was able to return back to his original parallel world and timeline, hence the reason he was able to help the alternative world complete "alternative IV" But he can only return for a few hours. So squad C was sad because they know they might be able to return, but not permanently. Takeru also let them know they even if they exist in the this alternative world, their existence is not erase from the original, rather, the alternative of themselves is split from their original. Therefore, no one will miss them and the original will continue live on as if nothing had happened.

Chap 26 - Operation 21st, squad C will participate to guard susanno 2nd. and their TSF can operate under heavy metal cloud, but Yuuko see no reason to massive reproduce them due to not enough pilots with proper skills as well as the current technology does not allow for effective communication which makes massive production unless. During operation, 3 units of squad C was taken out due to lag which cause their TSF to become uncontrollable. The cause of lag was determine to be 00 unit became unconscious. Although, Yuki quickly switched the control line to her unit, the entire squad C was annihilated. The island was wipe out. Susanno II self destructed. Only A-01 was able to survive.

Chap 27 - Yuuko Assassination. Due to the completion of the 00 unit, and those controlling entities finding Yuuko to be pushing for Alternative IV, they wanted to kill her before Alternative IV can be done. They are afraid she might be able to establish communication with Beta in which she alliance with them and become god of the world of sort scenario. Squad C switches to piloting real TSF after losing their remote controlled TSF. For what is given Carrie seems to be under the same CIA hypnosis as Irma. Yuki goes to operate on Yuuko.

Chap 28 - Yokohama defense. Due to the Susanno II's destruction, same situation as Alternative. Squad C end up going out in UN Fubukis. Carrie and Yuki cannot participate due to prior circumstances. Due to small changes made by Squad C, A01 was able to protect Susanno IV and Haruka was able to successfully shut down the base reactor. While activating Susanno IV, it act as a reactor core which then drew out all the BETAs from the base and killed it with one blast.

Yuuko is alive but still seriously injured. But she figure out her assassination was done by sleeper cell using "directional protein" on Carrie which was something similar to that of hypnosis. Yuuko will leak out news that she is perfectly fine, to lure the sleeper cell in.

Yuuko is technically dead. But she converted herself into the same state as 00 unit. She learned that in order for 00 unit to continue to function, 00 unit must be connect to the reactor every now and then. It will clean out the waste as well as dead cells etc to allow it to continue to function. But at the same time BETA will be able to learn everything she knows. Which cause the BETA to have swift change in tactic during the Yokohama defense. She is not sure how BETA can transmit all the knowledge, as the reactor is not directly link to anything else. But BETAs is definitely experimenting on humans and learning from just the brain part. But now that Yuuko is also another 00 unit. She will now need a new body as well as to carry out Operation Ouka ASAP. Because once she connect with the reactor, it will be the end of humanity since she knows just about everything.  

We should see 2 Susanno in action during Operation Ouka :)

Edited by Edelweiss

2 people like this

@Universal98 I guess "died" was altered to "injured" & that's why they're not  around now maybe?

@Edelweiss Oooh, thank you very much for the needed story info~

Good to hear about the specifics of their remote control tech & its apparent flaws. I guess it really can't be that convenient after all. 

Again makes me wonder about C squad's own world jumping situation w/c is probably slightly different from Takeru's it seems. Mm, gotta' wait for Ouka & its "altered" aftermath for more solid info I guess.

Edited by Reis

Okay thta sounds awesome. I'm really curious how Operation Ouka will proceed now.

Needed to take a pause on the translations since I have many final exams right now. But yeah, looking forward to Ouka. Really curious if Squad C dying means going back to their own world. 

Yuuko's currently "unique circumstance" is another interesting problem but maybe her future state in exogularity will just become a reality earlier...maybe. 

Also just tried an improved set-up w/ another XM3'd support:

JkUlLtB.jpg

Didn't even had to move much from the starting spot as it has basically went as how guns should be, spitting death from afar on anything moving towards you that you don't like.

Well. New event is up. Wuite plesant to see taht Skill up items are dropping. And that Heart fillers are okay. Bes ideas that we have some UI changes. there is a new button between speed up and Auto during battle. Anyone can tell what the hell it supposed to do?

I also checked chapter 29. Preparation for Ouka are at full swing. And looks like our SF MC is one to be piloting Susanno-o with Yuuko being it unit 00,( BTW I looks like her breast are smaller in that new body. Substantial downgrade from what he had before but it can't helped. I hope she will upgrade it after the Ouka.

@Imabot Oh? The main story's really picking up, gotta' check that out soon.

Currently updating & downloading the files but from the notes, it seems like they've added more battle options like being able to toggle the skill use to AUTO or manual not just to the leader/player but to the whole squad & support unit, something like that. There's also improvements to viewing new or unread character scenarios it seems.

Some accurately translated specifics would be appreciated as usual.

New TSFs seem pretty boring, though the Type-77's passive XM3 skill is +50% DEF to all allies so its still practical. The various Phantom's abilities has been consistently useful and/or practical despite it being the oldest TSF huh.

yea its for skill on or off for the squad or partial on. the UI is really a huge improvement.

I also dig the event mission being in Susanno's hanger!!! Defend the Susanno!!!!

The range+ is kicking ass.

The boss hasn't even move an inch and everything got wipe out in less than 30 secs.

you definitely want to have MG with all area atks and pure atk boost characters. With 100% atk boost, AoE will hit everything, then Sp max, hit everything, sp max... repeat until boss die from SP death lock ROFL 

Edited by Edelweiss

Ok, got in & tried the new event. 

Fighting in the tight Susanno's hanger is indeed refreshing & new but I can't enjoy it much seeing as how there's graphical glitches of everything turning into pink cubes/blocks. their forums says reinstalling ti will fix it maybe so I'll try that for now.

16 minutes ago, Reis said:

Ok, got in & tried the new event. 

Fighting in the tight Susanno's hanger is indeed refreshing & new but I can't enjoy it much seeing as how there's graphical glitches of everything turning into pink cubes/blocks. their forums says reinstalling ti will fix it maybe so I'll try that for now.

Its truly what you had previously asked for tho.

But yea, remove cache should do it or uninstall and reinstall as you had mentioned.

Edited by Edelweiss

@Edelweiss Ja, I can fully appreciate it later when I finish reinstalling everything, still at 54/113...at least my internet has stopped being finicky & returned to its normal "not too horribly slow" speed.

Since that came true then hopefully my wish that we fight a giant Superior as a boss will come true too. Make 'em fill most if not half the map! Haha~

Main story wise, I guess if our MCs indeed piloting one of the Susanoo, then I guess its understandable if he doesn't get a custom TSF unit. Gameplay wise, that's bad...custom Hero/MC unit plz. I was actually thinking that it would turn out to be 'winner' of the players poll during Anniversary.

1 hour ago, Reis said:

@Imabot Oh? The main story's really picking up, gotta' check that out soon.

Its pretty good.

Spoiler

Chap 29 - they couldn't find out anything from Carrie and had to let her go. Meiya successful borrowed the Takami from Mana.

Yuuko explains they need to destroy target @. If failed, it will immediately be changed to operation trident and we know what that will lead to lols.

207C will participate in real person due to their TSF all destroyed. MC with Yuuko pilots the salvaged/repaired susanno II. 

Yuki does not participate.

2 people like this

The game seems to run faster with this update, the font is different and I'm not sure why the TSF and enemy sprites aren't loading. 

54 minutes ago, Universal98 said:

The game seems to run faster with this update, the font is different and I'm not sure why the TSF and enemy sprites aren't loading. 

remove cache will fix.

They updated many of 3d modules.

Edited by Edelweiss

Tried, didn't work. On Android. Nevermind, they posted on twitter. 

Screenshot_20171209-012100.png

Edited by Universal98

Ok. I am very confused. 

I have a decent speed squad all maxed, but it appears that they're dealing very little damage in the last two missions of the event. I never saw the enemy's life drop this slowly. is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, is there a way to deactivate the little special attack "cutscenes" that now seem to trigger for everyone in the squad? They make missions much slower since there are too many.

Edited by Abriael

It's that button between AUTO and game Speed until it is completely darkened. But I like to point out that whenever Animation is triggered when a  Laser class is charging it attack it will be interrupted. It might drag on the time but dear god lasers will never get a chance to fire at you.