haloff1

Muv Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

2,381 posts in this topic

Not that much interesting thing about recent update. Medal collecting event. They added new SSR for Iyo and obviously New remaining SSR TSF for squad C. Iyo gets gold colored Eurofighter and a Type-00A for Rinka that is 50% white and 50% colored in a purple because she's Meiya fangirl.

There are only two thing of note besides this event.

1. We have some teasing announcement about Operation Ouka. Let's see how Jewish this event will turn out.

DPtWpx5VwAA7mGH.jpg large.jpg

2. If you look into daily archivement you can notice new tab that was with some nice reward like SSR Meiya and unlocking them appears to not be related to the event but to unlocking characters scenarios.

just checked it

Meiya is obtainable when you already read the main scenario, this could be the dev's bait for the player to also work on their main quests, the last meiya is still unobtainable due to the story still reaches 28.

also, why the hell the mobile version seems so difficult to load lately, and no more half stamina discount
meh

just gonna play until got those each tsf and then done

6 hours ago, Imabot said:

2. If you look into daily archivement you can notice new tab that was with some nice reward like SSR Meiya and unlocking them appears to not be related to the event but to unlocking characters scenarios.

Its related to the main story progress.

Hopefully they can make operation Ouka more challenging than the current cake walk with terrain hazards(haven't seen these in ages) and better background and hive like maps.

Edited by Edelweiss

An Operation Ouka countdown huh, interesting. The story missions unlockable SSR Meiya is nice too I guess.

C-squad's custom units are rolling in once again, the Typhoon being all gold does make it too gaudy looking for me while RInka's is fine enough.

The event being medal farming again plus AP cost going back to normal (dammit) & not to mention the multiple Laser class & giant Destroyers running around make this extra troublesome & not fun. There are buyable tickets in the event shop again so that's not too bad I guess?

@Edelweiss Special missions in custom maps would indeed be very welcome. Would especially love missions like "Defend the Susanoo" while it just sits in the background or "Destroy the Superior/Reactor/Laser-Fort class" & we attack a large target while getting mobbed by BETA.

Really starting to hate the MiG-21's...aside form its boring design, it has been blocking my SSR tickets from NEW ones twice now. Even its other variations that I have yet to get/just gotten disappoints me & makes me feel like I wasted a SSR ticket.

16 minutes ago, Reis said:

An Operation Ouka countdown huh, interesting. The story missions unlockable SSR Meiya is nice too I guess.

C-squad's custom units are rolling in once again, the Typhoon being all gold does make it too gaudy looking for me while RInka's is fine enough.

The event being medal farming again plus AP cost going back to normal (dammit) & not to mention the multiple Laser class & giant Destroyers running around make this extra troublesome & not fun. There are buyable tickets in the event shop again so that's not too bad I guess?

@Edelweiss Special missions in custom maps would indeed be very welcome. Would especially love missions like "Defend the Susanoo" while it just sits in the background or "Destroy the Superior/Reactor/Laser-Fort class" & we attack a large target while getting mobbed by BETA.

Really starting to hate the MiG-21's...aside form its boring design, it has been blocking my SSR tickets from NEW ones twice now. Even its other variations that I have yet to get/just gotten disappoints me & makes me feel like I wasted a SSR ticket.

i don't know, anything like protect the orbital divers or hive infiltration mission etc. would have be excellent.

Although the gold typhoon unit is funky, its passive effect is no laughing matter. Its going to be a permanent staple on all future speed base team.

I'll trade you my surplus berukt for your mig-21 :3

this events pretty easy im clearing it with a minute 20- 40 left on the clock having either a straight linesniper or a 360 pilot are a must to eassily clear the final mission.

Oh wow, just got the SSR Speed Missile Su-47E from a random R ticket.

@Edelweiss Their community forum doesn't have details posted yet so I don't know much about the latest Characters & TSFs abilities...so another useful one came out huh.

They really should make newer story missions w/ better content/maps now since it is the climax portion after all. 

@striker2521 Been using my AoE/360 skill units to clear out, sure its can be cleared quick enough but not having a boost unit again (I really want that SSR Minori too) plus medal farming in general demoralizes me a bit. At least it wasn't like the last one a couple ways back where the medal prizes were Points level expensive.

Really enjoying & love seeing my F-15E Orbital Diver squad all doing 360 spins firing their guns at all the BETA though.

Makes me think about how/where the story is going too. Pretty possible now to not have any of the main cast die if C-squad ends up doing the sacrificing portions of the plot w/ their safer super effective remote control thingy & all.

Though that makes me question again how/why Yuuko has yet to implement or share that tech seeing how it will save so many Eishi lives. Does the deep Hive tunnels really jam their signals or something?

1 hour ago, Reis said:

Oh wow, just got the SSR Speed Missile Su-47E from a random R ticket.

@Edelweiss Their community forum doesn't have details posted yet so I don't know much about the latest Characters & TSFs abilities...so another useful one came out huh.

They really should make newer story missions w/ better content/maps now since it is the climax portion after all. 

@striker2521 Been using my AoE/360 skill units to clear out, sure its can be cleared quick enough but not having a boost unit again (I really want that SSR Minori too) plus medal farming in general demoralizes me a bit. At least it wasn't like the last one a couple ways back where the medal prizes were Points level expensive.

Really enjoying & love seeing my F-15E Orbital Diver squad all doing 360 spins firing their guns at all the BETA though.

Makes me think about how/where the story is going too. Pretty possible now to not have any of the main cast die if C-squad ends up doing the sacrificing portions of the plot w/ their safer super effective remote control thingy & all.

Though that makes me question again how/why Yuuko has yet to implement or share that tech seeing how it will save so many Eishi lives. Does the deep Hive tunnels really jam their signals or something?

Here is the passive ability I am referring to 

Untitled.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt that it only applies to Normal Attack. Assuming it is an advantage speed type mission, typhoon combine with Iyo + the custom wadasumi with misaki and you will see a Gigantic white square whenever missile is launched. You don't even have to move an inch to attack.

I think Operation Ouka is going to be chapter 29. But we might see some interesting event mission to go along with it.

Maybe they can introduce fort laser class or the 3-head destroyer class or even the TSF class.

If I only bother to read after chap 25, i can gain some good insight on the story. oh wells.

Edited by Edelweiss

Wonder what sacrifices will be made during Strike Frontier Ouka? The question is how is C squad supposed to get back to 2016. I suppose doing the sacrificing could because I heard in Next Answer, (the muv-luv game that was shut down), the protagonist sacrificed himself and woke up from his dream somewhere in our world. However, so far C squad has been doing a lot of remotely controlled battles, so it's not quite clear what exactly will happen. The main scenarios are now open regardless if you played the main quests. Just have to read. 

I can only clear the 30 stamina quest with a B ranking even with all those SSR TSFs I got from the last event lol. It's going to be really difficult to get enough medals of any kind to get to the tickets provided the drops right now are so small. Of course no bonus characters lol. 

Screenshot_20171128-132037.png

I meant to get at least one of those tsf but was busy/forgot ended at 400k points. I guess I just gotta face it no 40 stamina maps with easy rainbows unless its a short fight or some helper with a bonus SSR is a hard carry. It's just too many mobs with too much defense/ attack power they shred my hp so fast 2x healers can barely keep up. Not gonna be able to clear these 40 maps reliably until I get like a full team of aoes with 40k+ attack power and attack or dmg xm3 bonuses seems like anything below 30k results in chip dmg in the high difficulty maps.

I did get the rail cannon purple hair loli with my last SSR ticket doing a nice job of auto clearing the 30 stamina maps for me in a xm3 machine even at skill lvl1.

As usually, technique events are hard for me. I lack line attackers >_> I have the TFS for them, but even going down to HR, I don't have a single HR line attacker. I have a S one, but she doesn't deal enough damage. 

I think most of the line attackers are really narrow excluding this one purple hair loli and that limited blue hair girl that had a giant laser other than those I think I would prefer just all aoe attackers.  Only problem is if the aoe doesnt one shot the lasers they dont move and group around you like other monsters so kinda makes killing them a bit of a pain if they keep getting knocked back and away from each other

24 minutes ago, Marcus said:

I think most of the line attackers are really narrow excluding this one purple hair loli and that limited blue hair girl that had a giant laser other than those I think I would prefer just all aoe attackers.  Only problem is if the aoe doesnt one shot the lasers they dont move and group around you like other monsters so kinda makes killing them a bit of a pain if they keep getting knocked back and away from each other

Yeah. My secondary problem is that 3 of my SRR T TFS are rifle, so those pretty much work decently only with line attackers. For T only I have really mismatched TFS and pilots it seems >_>

Tertiary problem, I have no healers besides a single P one.

Edit: and now the game is timing out on startup. Not a good day.

Edited by Abriael

Our ISP has decided to screw us up again so my internet is extra bitchy. If things don't improve in a few days, I'm most definitely screwed as I think I'm don't have enough to even buy one of the SSRs in the shop.

On 11/29/2017 at 9:14 AM, Abriael said:

Edit: and now the game is timing out on startup. 

That's me 50% of the time. If it stops loading at 95-97% for a long time, I'm most likely gonna' get timed out & have to relog-in. But now w/ my current problem, its a 85-95% chance that I won't even see the START page.

Since I'm getting close to 2,500 UN coins, which one of the two S pilots offered is the best? Tsukiyomi or the dude? MY S Squad is pretty weak, so I'm sure i can use some help there.

Edited by Abriael

Ah so the timeouts not just me, yes lately it always stuck on 97% before start and 93% after start, thankfully, its my ISP problem, once it gets unstable, timeouts.

Thankfully, i have enough time to get at least one of those tsf and ssr ticket, i forgot what i got from the shop's ssr ticket though, the ssr ticket for december gives me akane, wheres my haruko.

Also, got 3 typhoon drops, loce the mech and weapon, no love for color, and no takemi drop which forces me to bought one, thats okay

And stopped playing since then.

For operation ouka, i hope it would be a ssr spree like the takeru event, hopefully

And for the un coins, while i dunno their skills, its a safe bet to just wait until next year, they will be there until the end of january, chill, save those coins and maybe u can afford them all.

But as a man, of course i will choose tsukuyomi over sandek, obvious choice and cz my team is already not that bad, but i will still waiting, i am not gonna spend other than ssr ticket until the time almost gone

Okay I must say that recently ( as in last few months, SF is just getting boring. No rate ups for gems and events are also just following predictable patterns. Why do I even work hard to get all these gems if I can't spend them on anything worthwhile?

So I'll give this game last chance. I'll see it to the end of Alternative storyline when Squad C be taking part in operation Ouka. After that unless this game do something I can be felling positive about, I'm out. I love Muv-Luv franchise but this game is no longer worth of my time.

@Imabot Can't say I blame ya'. It already has a lot of flaws & questionable game decisions but they don't really seem to have any plans on fixing most of them at all. Its not the most optimized game to begin with, like how both the PC or phone version will most likely eventually stop/crash from prolonged play time & such. 

The overall game structure has a lot of limitations & events are always a farming grind. Not to mention the often obviously greedy gacha structure & its rates.

Again, I'm still sticking around mainly for the plot & because it simply scratches the itch of the severe lack of Muv-Luv & mecha game things. The game plot has lots of new  mysteries & has to go beyond Ouka too if they want to keep it going so potential interests...

I swear, if a Project Nimbus like MuvLuv game comes out...

I wonder if the sudden shift in greedy cash only gacha means we will see service termination message soon and they're just try to desperately soak up all they can before they kill the game.

Finally got a drop of both SSRs, now to just buy the ticket...

Also just tried using the pilots w/ special effects while riding their custom TSF. Though its sad that unlike Haruko in her Valkyrie unit, C-squad members don't get their own fiery aura signifying the passive abilities effects in action.

Results were still quite interesting:

Seeing their combinations making her Missile attacks have super extended attack & hit range was quite impressive. That out of visual range missile strike makes one think her warheads had some nukes in them.

BJ6IUR6.jpg

That could really make certain missions in compact/cramp maps *hint*Hives*hint* easier.

Edited by Reis

whats the xm3 effect on the blue event machine is it any good? 

23 hours ago, Reis said:

That could really make certain missions in compact/cramp maps *hint*Hives*hint* easier.

I told you the range was off the chart.

12 hours ago, Marcus said:

whats the xm3 effect on the blue event machine is it any good? 

not really useful...

@Edelweiss Ja, tried it with a Support w/ the same XM3'd unit, the attack range jumped to ridiculous levels as it was pretty much hitting almost everyone on screen. Just how many can we stack? Will 3 make it a All Range no escape Attack then? Will probably fully try it this coming event since it will most likely need Speed types anyway.Also enjoyed how my Machine Guns suddenly got the default Sniper's attack range too but in a wider cone.

@Marcus Not much, just as you can easily guess, it just buffs the unit speed even further. Though it can be pretty useful at times as one can practically zoom in the battlefield ignoring everyone & end up behind enemy lines where Laser types or snipers sit.

Hmm, I wonder if they'll start their Xmas themed event earlier now.

Edited by Reis

Yeah, I noticed, maybe their update isn't ready yet. 

At least I got the Rainbow drop from the 40 stamina quest, couldn't accumulate enough tickets for  anything good.