haloff1

Muv Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

1,483 posts in this topic

Eh. My first impression about this event are not very positive.

The Good: Sr Theodore. I expected he will be in a gatcha. But him being first male character that is obtainable trough drop is a nice to see. I like it.

The Bad: New TSF. I knew it will happen, but seeing it is something else. MiG-21 at SR and SSR rank is so stupid to sight to behold that can be on par with F-22 that my suspension of disbelieve can't accept it. These are probably cards I want to get the least so far.

The Ugly: First Iris card is released. And she’s not only behind a god damm pay wall, witch is like giving a middle finger to all people who depend on gems. But what is pissing me off the most is illustration. First card of Iris ever it is SSR and she is presented naked and wrapped in red ribbon like a Christmas present.

Personally I would prefer to see her as she is know in SM. Dressed in Fortified Suits and with some dignity. I know these suits are fanservice tools but they are also a reminder these women are soldiers. Officers in milliary who risk their life every day and hone their skills to fulfill their duty.

Also most illustrations of SSR cards also show certain quirks that person have or present other important things about that character personality. Instead here for Iris first appearance in Strike Frontier they went for full waifu objectification. I really dislike it.

Edited by Imabot

1 person likes this

@Imabot  Although your post is filled with bitterness, you do have a lot of good points. I guess they've really wrongly pushed a lot of your buttons on many fronts this time huh. Iris just happened on Valentines so she's the main model of the themed event.

I feel for you since although I have somewhat accepted a lot of inevitable things (popularity powers, fanservicey waifu-ism, etc.) which for the most part really ain't that bad at times (a good amount I even approve off), a lot of the other stuff that are around or newly pops up just rubs me wrong way.

----------------

For the most part, its a pretty easy/manageable event so far especially for those of us who've been around long enough to get a lot of good S-attribute TSFs (especially since past events sold a lot of them). 

Laser class popping out from behind the bosses in 18 & 24ap can be troublesome if not cleared quickly enough. The problematic case in 30ap is that the Heavy laser-class are pretty spread out so just getting to them is risky.

One viable strategy is to use a Rifle type unit & snipe them one by one with the super long range piercing skill. Another is to get to the most outer side of their formation (either left or right) & try to shoot through all of them with the super as they are lined up rather nicely enough for it to work.

I use a riskier laserjagd method of going either clockwise or counterclockwise & taking them out one by one & using the skill animation cut-in to but time and get into killing ranger if need be or if I judge that their laser crossfire is going to screw my squad over.

Seems like this event is going to go for a long while so I'm guessing their habit of adding stuff mid to late game also gets spread out throughout the long event time. They'll possibly add more harder stages & maybe more nifty Rank chest rewards. Gacha additions are predictable enough, just a question of who (or in TSFs case what) they may be & their rarities.

Shitty event doesn have a shop how im supposed to XM3 my new Takemi or to awake my Yifei? what was the point of not rolling for the new Yui and saving for Irisdina or Beatrix? she is only rollable with  DMM points the fuck, time to have a break of one week until something new appears, the worse i didnt even rolled and im dissapointed... my hate for this shawerksomething intensifies once again

38 minutes ago, RedAegis said:

Shitty event doesn have a shop how im supposed to XM3 my new Takemi or to awake my Yifei? what was the point of not rolling for the new Yui and saving for Irisdina or Beatrix? she is only rollable with  DMM points the fuck, time to have a break of one week until something new appears, the worse i didnt even rolled and im dissapointed... my hate for this shawerksomething intensifies once again

This is an "limited edition" valentine version of Iris. NOT the regular one that will eventually be obtainable via Gems... Kind of like the X-mas limited ver. ...

5 minutes ago, Edelweiss said:

This is an "limited edition" valentine version of Iris. NOT the regular one that will eventually be obtainable via Gems... Kind of like the X-mas limited ver. ...

Dosen't change fact that they put these event exclusive characters behind Pay Wall. You either pay of say farewells. This just shameless chash grab and I hope Japanese community will be at least somewhat outraged. X mas and New Year exclusive characters could have been rolled with gems so F2P players who collected gems weren't excluded.

22 minutes ago, Imabot said:

Dosen't change fact that they put these event exclusive characters behind Pay Wall. You either pay of say farewells. This just shameless chash grab and I hope Japanese community will be at least somewhat outraged. X mas and New Year exclusive characters could have been rolled with gems so F2P players who collected gems weren't excluded.

Not really, the X-mas limited edition charas were gem obtainable. Have to roll with insane amt of gem, but nevertheless gem obtainable.

Besides this is really how JP games are, putting the best things people want the most behind pay wall, then slowly release it(probably gem-able next valentine event next yr)

PS: there seems to be a part 2 limited valentine chara as well :/

Edited by Edelweiss
minor text fix

Well, my bff that studied in france come here briefly, and of course, ask him to do gacha

And SR Yaranaika, why not?

Welp, this Schwarzesmarken event is kinda meh, if i say

But here's the thing, the dev says that schwarz event will be available for 2 weeks, so i think there should be around 4 characters or mechs obtainable from drops.

While i dont care with the Irisdina through real money

Something that i really worried back then became real

A Yaranaika, in SSR

COME ON! that shitty gen1 is on par with Takemi and Typhoon? Get real dev!

But your opinion came true, they do put SSR as a fanservice

Well, a game that sells from the title, not a news for me for something like this

Screenshot_2017-01-31-20-27-35-582.jpeg

@Edelweiss

No man they really fucked up this time because i play in various games like this and there are 2 ways to get "limited editions" with a normal gatcha like we always roll with g-crystals and that is only a chance you have to roll the SSR unit, no guarantee of getting it and the paid one with real money that you are guaranteed to get the unit after a certain number or rolls made, is the one that we have here(pay wall) they really were greedy this time. Now that i think about there is a third way to get units with guarantee, step ups and in other games you can do them with free currency not like here that only DMM points are used

and like @Imabot said the Xmas and new year could be obtainable by using free g-crystals, last event was pretty good to be honest now we got a meh one

43 minutes ago, RedAegis said:

@Edelweiss

No man they really fucked up this time because i play in various games like this and there are 2 ways to get "limited editions" with a normal gatcha like we always roll with g-crystals and that is only a chance you have to roll the SSR unit, no guarantee of getting it and the paid one with real money that you are guaranteed to get the unit after a certain number or rolls made, is the one that we have here(pay wall) they really were greedy this time. Now that i think about there is a third way to get units with guarantee, step ups and in other games you can do them with free currency not like here that only DMM points are used

and like @Imabot said the Xmas and new year could be obtainable by using free g-crystals, last event was pretty good to be honest now we got a meh one

Well at least the way I see it, if they put it in Gem gacha with 1.5% chance. I'll throw 4 digit Gems at it, and still will never get it. But putting it in a guarantee box gacha. I'll guarantee to get it even with terrible luck. So for paying players, its a god like present. But I can totally get why gem only players would be mad.

I am sure they will have some gem only stuff later on for SM. Its a month long event :/

The regular version should be event or gem gachable :)

Edited by Edelweiss

Ja, it's too early to call it 'shitty'. Although I guess its 1st impression isn't good either compared to earlier ones huh. 

@RedAegis Try to at least use up your AP when you can rather than take a break. The ranked quest's chest rewards at the very least can get pretty good. Aside from SR Theo, there are a lot of good Awakening & XM3 mats to get, I even got one of those expensive rare blue orb thing needed for Awakening (the one that usually costs 1.5mil points per item) so XM3's themselves are most likely also there. 

Also, recommended to those who are able to:

MinAwaken.jpg

ATK bonus leaves a lot to be desired but those HP & DEF boosts guarantees the healer's increased survival rate therefore also increasing the squad's survival rate. 

Topic updated.

Well, like many (all?) of you, I was very disappointed when I woke up this morning...

• No event SSR that players can get without spending dmm points or G-ores.
  • The event SR is Theodor. I feel bad for you Master but can you please go away and let Irisdina, Lise or Katia take your place?
  • Irisdina is released! As a DMM-points gacha box...So about 25,000 DMM points to get her? The hell I'm going to buy that! And looking at mt friend list, I don't see anyone with Irisdina. I know they need money  (even though the game should already be largely profitable ...) but they seriously need to lower the price if they want players to buy that. 
  • Valentine Irisdina means Irisdina will surely not be available as drop next week and the week after...
  • They didn't update the ost. Come on, they could have put the ost of Schwarzesmarken. I think everyone is tired of the same ost
  • The affection points of each event quest is decreased compared to last week....
  • I should have slept more.

About the good things:

• The event rewards are not that bad. The battle items and the upgrade items are very precious. It's actually much more efficient than farming points. The only problem is that you don't choose.
  • No SSR or hard-to-get-SR means that I don't have to break G-Ore. Instead, I can save them
  • I can use my stamina to farm battle logs. It's so boring though...
  • The new login bonus is nice.
  • There will a bigger Schwarzesmarken event next week or after because they said earlier they will release a new event chapter.
  • The new home screen wallpaper is...meh but still good.

Well this game really want to rob us.....

Im okay if the game want us to pay for something....

But not this expensive....

Its better to buy her figure than to pay 25000dmm point to get irisdina..... (but if it was yuzuka i will consider, because she got no figure) 

@haloff1 @Imabot One of the reasons why I took a hiatus break until Schwarzesmarken came is where I would play it seriously. But fuck me.. The Theodore drops I don't mind cause I think he's one of my fav protagonists but the fact that you can't gem roll Iris and have to spend DMM Points/Money (Not even a minuscule amount but a hefty amount.) I'd rather buy Muv-Luv merch or figurines with that money than spend it to get rolls that aren't 100% guaranteed.. 

I mean from the get go, this game was a total cash grabber, just didn't know how ridiculously greedy the devs wanted to get.

2 people like this

@haloff1 Oh right. I can't like that OP twice but thanks for translation of current event and updating opening post will all the info about it.

@KJO Well don't give up yet. Regular Iris in Fortified Suitl will definitely appear. It just what angers me is shafting Gem depending players by blocking acces to Valentines enent characters and that is first appearance of Iris card in SF.

BTW guys. Is it just me of that shadow outline of Comming Soon character in valentines box looks like Beatrix? That hair resemble hers.

Edited by Imabot

@Imabot Yeah it should be her. I called it earlier that it looks like Beatrix because she has those distinct hair strands that has those geometrical angles.

I guess the rest of the girls will get SSR Valentine versions as well kinda' like the Xmas ones.

Well, if this is any indication:

200.gif

A Fortified Suit version of her will be coming around too. The event has just started after all, its definitely "salvageable" if the rest of the future contents are nice/interesting enough.

Oh, to those who can access & understand, how's the JP players taking it? Are their impression different or same-ish so far?

2 hours ago, Reis said:

I guess the rest of the girls will get SSR Valentine versions as well kinda' like the Xmas ones.

200.gif

A Fortified Suit version of her will be coming around too. The event has just started after all, its definitely "salvageable" if the rest of the future contents are nice/interesting enough.

Oh, to those who can access & understand, how's the JP players taking it? Are their impression different or same-ish so far?

Yup but not this year....

This year Valentine goes to schwarzes....

And xmass i guess will be mla

That irisdina in fortified suit will be the rare drop i think

And after all this update dev still didnt repair her bug...

Ok thats it, just gonna do daily login until there is another event that can turn me on 

On 2017/1/31 at 7:10 PM, Imabot said:

Eh. My first impression about this event are not very positive.

The Good: Sr Theodore. I expected he will be in a gatcha. But him being first male character that is obtainable trough drop is a nice to see. I like it.

The Bad: New TSF. I knew it will happen, but seeing it is something else. MiG-21 at SR and SSR rank is so stupid to sight to behold that can be on par with F-22 that my suspension of disbelieve can't accept it. These are probably cards I want to get the least so far.

The Ugly: First Iris card is released. And she’s not only behind a god damm pay wall, witch is like giving a middle finger to all people who depend on gems. But what is pissing me off the most is illustration. First card of Iris ever it is SSR and she is presented naked and wrapped in red ribbon like a Christmas present.

Personally I would prefer to see her as she is know in SM. Dressed in Fortified Suits and with some dignity. I know these suits are fanservice tools but they are also a reminder these women are soldiers. Officers in milliary who risk their life every day and hone their skills to fulfill their duty.

Also most illustrations of SSR cards also show certain quirks that person have or present other important things about that character personality. Instead here for Iris first appearance in Strike Frontier they went for full waifu objectification. I really dislike it.

I sooooo agree with you on the part about dignity/fan-service! I too prefer by far illustration representing the courage, the motivation, the strength, the will...instead of the sexiness or the eroticism. For example, SSR Pre-Registration Meiya's art is one of my favorite art. The first SSR Yui would be perfect if it weren't for her exposed-fan-service-breasts...

About the MiG-21 being stronger than a F22. Well I'm not in the slightest surprised. Like I said a while ago, it's all about popularity. And even me I think it's better that way. Think about it. Let's say you're a Schwarzesmarken fan who doesn't know about the other Muv-Luv products. Then wouldn't you be disappointed if your favorite TSFs are totally worthless?

On 2017/1/31 at 0:42 AM, Nexiva said:

Well, my bff that studied in france come here briefly, and of course, ask him to do gacha

And SR Yaranaika, why not?

Welp, this Schwarzesmarken event is kinda meh, if i say

But here's the thing, the dev says that schwarz event will be available for 2 weeks, so i think there should be around 4 characters or mechs obtainable from drops.

While i dont care with the Irisdina through real money

Something that i really worried back then became real

A Yaranaika, in SSR

COME ON! that shitty gen1 is on par with Takemi and Typhoon? Get real dev!

But your opinion came true, they do put SSR as a fanservice

Well, a game that sells from the title, not a news for me for something like this

Oh I'm going to say something you're not going to like...

Some important stuffs bellow:

The main writer of age, タシロハヤト, said on twitter that the SR TSF MiG-21 didn't have the 666 emblem because the first part of the event was about the moment before Theodor and co rescue Irisdina. The scenario of Theodor is about that moment. At that time, what is left of 666 didn't use 666 TSFs but generic East Germany TSFs. Hence there is no 666 emblem on the gacha TSFs. However next week, there should be some 666 TSFs.

He also said that the Irisdina gacha fit with this scenario. Think of the valentine Irisdina as a symbol to her imprisonment. The latest manga 4koma confirms what he said. In that page, Theodor is preparing to save Irisdina from the stasi. Then one guy gives him a picture of Irisdina imprisoned. The picture is the same picture as the valentine gacha.

He didn't say it clearly but I think the best part of the Schwarzesmarken event is yet to come.

23 hours ago, shinnarika said:

Well this game really want to rob us.....

Im okay if the game want us to pay for something....

But not this expensive....

Its better to buy her figure than to pay 25000dmm point to get irisdina..... (but if it was yuzuka i will consider, because she got no figure) 

25,000 dmm points to get Yuzuka? Oh my. By the way, I have been wondering for a while, but can you read Japanese? You talked about buying the limited edition of TDA so you can read it right?

17 hours ago, KJO said:

@haloff1 @Imabot One of the reasons why I took a hiatus break until Schwarzesmarken came is where I would play it seriously. But fuck me.. The Theodore drops I don't mind cause I think he's one of my fav protagonists but the fact that you can't gem roll Iris and have to spend DMM Points/Money (Not even a minuscule amount but a hefty amount.) I'd rather buy Muv-Luv merch or figurines with that money than spend it to get rolls that aren't 100% guaranteed.. 

I mean from the get go, this game was a total cash grabber, just didn't know how ridiculously greedy the devs wanted to get.

To be fair, compared to the other DMM games...It's actually cheaper. I think.

12 hours ago, Reis said:

200.gif

For sure, Irisdina in fortified suit will be released. The question is, will she be a SSR that can be dropped or a gacha SSR?

About the Japanese impressions...well some omplain that a MiG-21 shouldn't be as strong as a Takemi. I didn't see complain about money or cash-grap. It's because Japanese players are used to such hefty prices. Some are disappointed too that Theodor is the only event SR.

---------------

By the way, by reading the part 5 of SSR Yui's all-age story, I found something interesting...

ShiranuiPhase3.png

Edited by haloff1

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, haloff1 said:

25,000 dmm points to get Yuzuka? Oh my. By the way, I have been wondering for a while, but can you read Japanese? You talked about buying the limited edition of TDA so you can read it right?

Yup i can read japanese, but not some hard kanji ,n3,n2,n1 kanji i cabt read it.... but i can understand what they are saying except for some hard words (political etc) 

Yeah 25000 its too much.... i can use it for my dollfie project....

But if it can guarantee me getting all of her cards it worth a try

You can always find a way to get money any time....

But you cant buy a limited edition stuff with limited time offer anytime..... (you can buy it second hand, but the chance is slim) 

Like someone says, we have 2 kidney,1 of them is for hobby xD

@shinnarika The soul of a collector...I can respect that.

@haloff1 That is one cool & smexy TSF, legit future SSR. It's like they've combined a lot of the cool stuff/factors/designs from various TSFs into one.

They've already let us taste the sweet flavor of super rare but free-with-reasonable-stats SSR drops. It's too late, we'll always want one every event now.

6 hours ago, Reis said:

That is one cool & smexy TSF, legit future SSR. It's like they've combined a lot of the cool stuff/factors/designs from various TSFs into one.

That is Shiranui Second Phase 3. And I can understand were that Impresion comming from. It is bassically Shiranui Second Phase 2 combined with Black Widow II. And there is some implications that YF-23 technology and design was result of secret dealings between Boening and Soviets hence why Black Widow II bare some resemblence to latest Su models.

6 hours ago, Imabot said:

That is Shiranui Second Phase 3. And I can understand were that Impresion comming from. It is bassically Shiranui Second Phase 2 combined with Black Widow II. And there is some implications that YF-23 technology and design was result of secret dealings between Boening and Soviets hence why Black Widow II bare some resemblence to latest Su models.

Shiranui Second Phase 3 is too far away from the TSF norm if i would say, well, they did put lots of great specs on paper and the action is great too to "destroy" that ultra-imba laser-fort class (yes, its a laser class and fort combined strain)

But the dimension..... i think it's too wide as 3rd gen, how is it, looks not that aerodynamic (well, all the 3rd gen arent that aerodynamic too tho, but this one i think so far the widest and logically, non maneuverable) but it's considered one of the strongest and most advanced, just, maybe itt could be pressed on the sides lol

Dat reminds me of some of my TE VN screenshots back then, which showing the action that makes the Phase 3 looks absolutely badass

WARNING: Spoilers

Spoiler

spoiler alert2017-02-02_18h56_18.jpg2017-02-02_18h46_39.jpg2017-02-02_18h47_44.jpg2017-02-02_18h59_58.jpg2017-02-02_18h52_37.jpg

Edited by Nexiva

I really have got to buy and read MLTA. It looks so interesting.

37 minutes ago, haloff1 said:

I really have got to buy and read MLTA. It looks so interesting.

*MLTE

well, even though you bought it (the physical copy) some stuff such as your dvd player region restricts it, meaning, you couldnt even read, let alone install it even though you change your locale, but your hardware (player) still not changing (i guess there's a roundabout way to do that since my Kiminozo BD is playable using VLC, who knows, i havent really searched that).

I got the original trilogy DVD, initial release back in 2001-2006, i tried to open it on my laptop and cannot, which turned out as a mere collectible, but at least i got the steam ver

damn Japanese exclusivity

MLTE is interesting tho, the anime only covers half of it with the end being so absurd as it could be, the VN (havent read the LN) is much better since it's connected to Operation Ouka as in the original trilogy that i'm sure you're all aware of, to fill the plothole

Well, kinda late tho for this, but why not

As you all aware, this event is one of the kind-est, most kind event they have for us so far, easy drops, easy opponents, easy S rank, well

This event only mean one thing

GRINDING

yep, grind all of your cards, squeeze the gems out of them

Even a team with just one SSR, and even one retarded TSF (Shiranui missile) could do unscratched.

I even leave 2 slots dynamic, i keep change the pilot to grind (Theodor and Yifei), with my waifu as leader lol

bring healer as usual

For the stamina 30, simply Laserjagd, destroy all heavy lasers first from the leftest or rightest one, after all lasers done, just let it and you'll win with all alive and S rank

And now, waiting for the next update

2017-02-02_20h34_03.jpg

2017-02-02_20h36_09.jpg