haloff1

Muv Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

2,058 posts in this topic

Muv Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

What is Muv Luv Alternative Strike Frontier?

Muv Luv Alternative Strike Frontier (MLSF for short) is a browser game based on Muv Luv that be played on DMM.com. It was released in September 2016 and new content is still added every week. Unfortunately there is no new English version. In this game, you collect characters and TSFs of the Muv Luv universe, represented by cards, and you use them to fight the BETA or human forces. Besides the gameplay, there is a main story as well as dedicated stories for each SR and SSR characters.

The video bellow gives a concrete overview of the gameplay :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdtNVKgTYqs

Is there any English translation available?

Unfortunately, not really. Very few English-speaking players know this game and even less can read Japanese and are willing to translate it. So far, I’m mostly the only translator. Even so, not much is done. There is an outdated wikia that still contains very useful information about the game here : http://mla-sf.wikia.com/. By reading it, you should know enough to play the game. I’m planing to improve it but…I’m alone and I prefer to translate the main story first. Anyways, if you ask a question here, I’m sure someone will answer very quickly.

What are the characters and TSFs in the game?

As of January 2017, almost all of the major characters and TSFs from Muv Luv Alternative, Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse and Muv Luv Unlimted The Day After are released.

What about the story?

The game has a main story that you unlock part by part as you clear the main quests. In the main story, you, the player, is a high school student in Yokohama. And one day, you and your childhood friend Shirakawa Minori are pulled into Muv Luv Alternative , some days after the beginning of Muv Luv Alternative. I will let you discover the rest by yourself.

Besides the main story, the event story (related to the main story), each SR and SSR has a character story. In the R18+ version of the game, that character story is a hentai scene with the character. In the all-age version of the game, it’s instead a chapter about the character. The character stories don’t have any relation with the main story. They are like omakes.

Is the game fun?

The game is like Kantai Collection. The graphics are 3D but limited and the quests are very shorts (3 minutes max). The game was made to be played on smartphone. If you like collection and Muv-Luv, you will surely like it.

One thing that will surely bother you is that you can’t play as much as you want. There is a stamina system. When you play a quest, your stamina is used and when your stamina is completely depleted, you have to wait several hours to refill it. You can refill immediately with special items ( one of them can be bought with money).

The gameplay looks promising but unfortunately the game is unbalanced. Quests are at high level too easy (especially with SSR cards). However, major changes are going to happen soon. For example, a multiplayer mode will be added. There are new events every week.

Is the game free?

Like many DMM games, it’s a free-to-play but pay-to-be-the-best. In this game, the most powerful characters and TSFs (rarity SSR) can mostly only be gotten through money. BUT it’s perfectly possible to clear any quest with only free characters/TSFs. Since there is no pvp, it’s not really a pay-to-win. Even without paying, it’s possible to get all the cards in the game but it’s incredibly difficult. Many cards are only available through events so it's important to play every week if you don't want to miss anything.

OK it looks interesting so how do I begin?

Please read the wikia :

http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/Registration

and then http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Play

You need a VPN or live in Japan to play the all-age version. You don’t need a VPN to play the R18+ version. Note that the game progress is synchronized on all versions of the game. For example, you can play the all-age version then the R18+ version and then the smartphone version.

Useful links:

The wikia : http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki

The reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/StrikeFrontier/

The all-game version of the game : http://www.dmm.com/netgame_s/muvluvsf/

Previous thread :

Some pictures of the game:

459697jp-2.jpg

459697jp-4.jpg

459697jp-3.jpg

Current event :

IdolEvent1.png

Edited by haloff1

2 people like this

Aaahhh i thought just 4 times playing....

So thats means i need many n cards too?

Edited by shinnarika

1 minute ago, shinnarika said:

Aaahhh i thought just 4 times playing....

So thats means i need many n cards too?

100 N cards for 20 silver disks but that's not a problem. Well it's time consuming though.

Owh....

Btw still no response about the bug.... :(

Just why it must be her 

Sweet, new & improved thread~

@shinnarika If the issue has gotten to them quick enough, maybe it'll be part of the things they fix this coming update along w/ the new event...maybe.

I've actually been finishing a lot of the main quests left & right since it's gotten quite cheap AP wise. Been a long while since I've actually reached around 200+ G-ores.

Current event wise, I've gotten around 44mil+ points. Seems a lot as usual but looking at those expensive prizes...

New event coming so by the usual standards it'll most likely be a new SR character (or depending on their whims maybe 2) as a rare chest drop as per their formula. They've slowly been dwindling down on characters from the current main & spin-off lines...now who could be coming next I wonder. New TSFs wise, there's still quite the list just from variations alone.

Hmm, what other famous japanese events/occasions are coming soon that might affect the possibilities of new themed events?

Edited by Reis

Well Valentine Day are in just few weeks. So there could a major event related to that. Until then I think there will be standard weekly events.

And now that you mentioned variants  I also want they add more variants of TSF below SR rank.  One of the TSF I want to have is good old F-5 Freedom Fighter and maybe a Strike Eagle with something else than sniper rifle. I have speculate that any older models of TSF will come when they start adding  Schwarzesmarken cards into gatcha and events. Propably more MiG's and maybe TSF of other Nations like Britain Tornado, French Mirage etc.

10 hours ago, Reis said:

Sweet, new & improved thread~

@shinnarika If the issue has gotten to them quick enough, maybe it'll be part of the things they fix this coming update along w/ the new event...maybe.

I've actually been finishing a lot of the main quests left & right since it's gotten quite cheap AP wise. Been a long while since I've actually reached around 200+ G-ores.

Current event wise, I've gotten around 44mil+ points. Seems a lot as usual but looking at those expensive prizes...

New event coming so by the usual standards it'll most likely be a new SR character (or depending on their whims maybe 2) as a rare chest drop as per their formula. They've slowly been dwindling down on characters from the current main & spin-off lines...now who could be coming next I wonder. New TSFs wise, there's still quite the list just from variations alone.

Hmm, what other famous japanese events/occasions are coming soon that might affect the possibilities of new themed events?

Yup. This thread is much better. What's more, now I have the full control of this thread AHAHAHHAHA!

44 million points... Oh my. I think I got something like 40 million points... But I spent the last few days farming disks so we're about even.

Oh man, there are so many things to upgrade... I want to limit break all of my chara and TSFs. I also want to XM3/awaken them...But that's literally impossible because they are adding chara/TSF faster than we can completely upgrade them. Well I'll settle for my SSR/favorite characters and TSFs.

I think the new event will be a new SR character too. Who will it be? No idea. Isn't it exciting? Now we don't know who is going to be released.

6 hours ago, Imabot said:

Well Valentine Day are in just few weeks. So there could a major event related to that. Until then I think there will be standard weekly events.

And now that you mentioned variants  I also want they add more variants of TSF below SR rank.  One of the TSF I want to have is good old F-5 Freedom Fighter and maybe a Strike Eagle with something else than sniper rifle. I have speculate that any older models of TSF will come when they start adding  Schwarzesmarken cards into gatcha and events. Propably more MiG's and maybe TSF of other Nations like Britain Tornado, French Mirage etc.

So far, it looks like there is now a small one week event then a medium 10-days event.  I think it would be nice to add TSFs bellow SR but...wouldn't that be not very useful? Advanced players like us have dozens of SRs. They could be useful to new players but even in that case, they would only be used for like 1,2 weeks. Humm but only adding SR and SSR don't really make sense...(in that case why even bother to make HR,R, HN and N cards?).

According to

http://www.4gamer.net/games/032/G003242/20161222197/ and http://muvsf.blog.jp/archives/9954097.htmt,

Shwarzesmarken should be released after new year so...they could even be released tomorrow! Well, we will see...

I kind of wish it won't be the case because I don't have many G-Ores left...

Today I used my SSR ticket I got from the bronze course 30 days login and... I got the Technique type sword SRR J-10. Not bad, I'm satisfied. Now I have a high attack technique SSR TSF.

New information about future updates:

• The damage modifiers due to types will be updated:
    • If your the type of your TSF is strong against the type of the enemy, the damage given is multiplied by 2.0 instead of 1.3
    • If your the type of your TSF is strong against the type of the enemy, the damage received is multiplied by 0.5 instead of 0.7
    • If your the type of your TSF is weak against the type of the enemy, the damage given is multiplied by 0.5 instead of 0.7
    • If your the type of your TSF is weak against the type of the enemy, the damage received is multiplied by 2.0 instead of 1.3
  • Starting from chapter 12, clearing 5 quests is enough to unlock a new chapter of the main story.

The update about damage will be done on 31 January and every player will receive 10 G-Ores as compensation. The update about the main story will happen tomorrow and Every player will receive 10 Stamina Drinks as compensation (dunno why we would need "compensation for that...").

I think it's the good thing. The game will become a little bit more tactical. You would have to pay more attention to the types (Speed/Power/Technique) of your TSFs.

So I cleared the new defense quests of the main quests...

OhMyYui. WhatTheDevThoughtWhenTheyMadeThose. TheyAreAlmostImpossibleWithoutItemsToMakeYourBuildingsInvincible.

Edited by haloff1

1 hour ago, haloff1 said:

So far, it looks like there is now a small one week event then a medium 10-days event.  I think it would be nice to add TSFs below SR but...wouldn't that be not very useful? Advanced players like us have dozens of SRs. They could be useful to new players but even in that case, they would only be used for like 1,2 weeks. Humm but only adding SR and SSR don't really make sense...(in that case why even bother to make HR,R, HN and N cards?).

Mmm, I think newer low rarity cards are still possible (especially for HR's) since there's still a lot of side characters especially from the other side stories like TDA, Schwarz, Euro & even more so from the rest of the MLA Chronicles which are yet to be released. There's more than enough to spread them out among rarities. (I'd like a Melvina as well please~)

Although it would be nice if they gave out more EXPs when fed to others...maybe some get boost when fed to certain characters or some of them are really just for EXPs or something along those lines.

Heh, I am one of those weirdoes who will Awaken/XM3 lower rarities for fun when able to (If/when I do get R Inia, of course I'd want to but the mats are just too expensive & too few to waste too much, I'm not that crazy...sometimes)

Well, here's my final tally:

tally.jpg

From what I've loosely calculated, should be enough to get most of what I wanted within reasonable quantity.

4 hours ago, haloff1 said:

Yup. This thread is much better. What's more, now I have the full control of this thread AHAHAHHAHA!

44 million points... Oh my. I think I got something like 40 million points... But I spent the last few days farming disks so we're about even.

Oh man, there are so many things to upgrade... I want to limit break all of my chara and TSFs. I also want to XM3/awaken them...But that's literally impossible because they are adding chara/TSF faster than we can completely upgrade them. Well I'll settle for my SSR/favorite characters and TSFs.

I think the new event will be a new SR character too. Who will it be? No idea. Isn't it exciting? Now we don't know who is going to be released.

So far, it looks like there is now a small one week event then a medium 10-days event.  I think it would be nice to add TSFs bellow SR but...wouldn't that be not very useful? Advanced players like us have dozens of SRs. They could be useful to new players but even in that case, they would only be used for like 1,2 weeks. Humm but only adding SR and SSR don't really make sense...(in that case why even bother to make HR,R, HN and N cards?).

According to

http://www.4gamer.net/games/032/G003242/20161222197/ and http://muvsf.blog.jp/archives/9954097.htmt,

Shwarzesmarken should be released after new year so...they could even be released tomorrow! Well, we will see...

I kind of wish it won't be the case because I don't have many G-Ores left...

Today I used my SSR ticket I got from the bronze course 30 days login and... I got the Technique type sword SRR J-10. Not bad, I'm satisfied. Now I have a high attack technique SSR TSF.

New information about future updates:

• The damage modifiers due to types will be updated:
    • If your the type of your TSF is strong against the type of the enemy, the damage given is multiplied by 2.0 instead of 1.3
    • If your the type of your TSF is strong against the type of the enemy, the damage received is multiplied by 0.5 instead of 0.7
    • If your the type of your TSF is weak against the type of the enemy, the damage given is multiplied by 0.5 instead of 0.7
    • If your the type of your TSF is weak against the type of the enemy, the damage received is multiplied by 2.0 instead of 1.3
  • Starting from chapter 12, clearing 5 quests is enough to unlock a new chapter of the main story.

The update about damage will be done on 31 January and every player will receive 10 G-Ores as compensation. The update about the main story will happen tomorrow and Every player will receive 10 Stamina Drinks as compensation (dunno why we would need "compensation for that...").

I think it's the good thing. The game will become a little bit more tactical. You would have to pay more attention to the types (Speed/Power/Technique) of your TSFs.

So I cleared the new defense quests of the main quests...

OhMyYui. WhatTheDevThoughtWhenTheyMadeThose. TheyAreAlmostImpossibleWithoutItemsToMakeYourBuildingsInvincible.

so no news about her bugs?

why dev why you treat her like this.....

about new tsf.... i was hoping they could ad sr f-15j,sr or ssr f-4j and more wardog shiranui(machine gun type i prefer)

Ok....

So today event drop will be chinese miku

And stilll nothing change from her stats....

Somebody need to tell dev about this :(

Screenshot_2017-01-24-15-06-00.jpg

Screenshot_2017-01-24-15-08-18.jpg

Screenshot_2017-01-24-15-08-23.jpg

Screenshot_2017-01-24-15-11-45.jpg

Screenshot_2017-01-24-15-12-03.jpg

1 person likes this

Holy damm. Please tell me I read that right and You can get an SSR Takemikazuchi Prototype form a Rainbow chest drop?

Edited by Imabot
typos

The 30 stamina quest....

Just wow....

Its like a death trap

The boss have 1 millio hp

And 1 hit from bos will drain your hp in half....

4 laser class on top, 2 in the middle 

Screenshot_2017-01-24-16-03-07.jpg

@Imabot

You make no mistake. Yes you can get the SSR Takemikazuchi prototype! If you clear the hardest quest 100 times, you get one for sure.

I don't have the time to explain everything now but for short:

• Total Eclipse Event. C-squad will relive the events of TE, the invasion of Kyoto, through simulator
  • Characters/TSFs you can get for free:
    • SSR Prototype Takemi, clear the ultimate difficulty quest 100 times. It can be a drop too.
    • SR Cui Yifei, a drop.
    • SR Missile Power Shiranui, clear each event quests 20 times
  • Characters you can get through gacha:
    • SSR Royal Guard Yui "Burdened by fate"
    • SR Bridges Yuuya

Other important things:

• New main story chapter
  • New event story (see above)
  • Praise Yui
  • Praise Yui

@shinnarika

Your Japanese friend didn't help you? If not then you can post yourself a message with a new account.

The last event quest...

AHHAHHAHAHA... I complained that the game was too easy this weekend..it seems they heard me!

Hummm. I really wonder if it's possible to clear it without SSR... I did it cheaply by spamming Yui's skill. Thanks to the small BETA, each time she attacked, her skill bar was refilled.

Edited by haloff1

2 people like this

Well damm it. I though that 1998 version of Yui card and her friends will appear when they ever make event about Fall of Kyoto. And here we have it and closest thing I see here is Imperial Guard Yui and her friends in the background of her card. Sigh. I guess that the closest I ever get to what I wanted. So F it. I'll later on try to roll IRG Yui.

4 minutes ago, Imabot said:

Well damm it. I though that 1998 version of Yui card and her friends will appear when they ever make event about Fall of Kyoto. And here we have it and closest thing I see here is Imperial Guard Yui and her friends in the background of her card. Sigh. I guess that the closest I ever get to what I wanted. So F it. I'll later on try to roll IRG Yui.

Yeah, I thought about you when I saw the event. Unfortunately it became more unlikely that short hair Yui will be released... We don't know for sure yet but...

I still don't abandon hope she might make appearance. But now I can't be so sure when it will happen. With so many Characters and TSF being released every single week they will try eventaully release her. For cash in or fanservice. I mean there still Kyoko who took part in Fall of Kyoto and saved Yui...maybe they be released together? I don't know.

Speaking of Yui. I'm guessing taht you to get IRG Yui too. She is also available on regular gatcha. So i think next time they release that specail Ticet you'll be able to pick her, If you'll be unlucky to ever roll her otherwise.

1 hour ago, haloff1 said:

@Imabot

You make no mistake. Yes you can get the SSR Takemikazuchi prototype! If you clear the hardest quest 100 times, you get one for sure.

I don't have the time to explain everything now but for short:

• Total Eclipse Event. C-squad will relive the events of TE, the invasion of Kyoto, through simulator
  • Characters/TSFs you can get for free:
    • SSR Prototype Takemi, clear the ultimate difficulty quest 100 times. It can be a drop too.
    • SR Cui Yifei, a drop.
    • SR Missile Power Shiranui, clear each event quests 20 times
  • Characters you can get through gacha:
    • SSR Royal Guard Yui "Burdened by fate"
    • SR Bridges Yuuya

Other important things:

• New main story chapter
  • New event story (see above)
  • Praise Yui
  • Praise Yui

@shinnarika

Your Japanese friend didn't help you? If not then you can post yourself a message with a new account.

The last event quest...

AHHAHHAHAHA... I complained that the game was too easy this weekend..it seems they heard me!

Hummm. I really wonder if it's possible to clear it without SSR... I did it cheaply by spamming Yui's skill. Thanks to the small BETA, each time she attacked, her skill bar was refilled.

he cant do anything more than post it on twitter....
and the dev didnt see it

Heeey, I just know about this lol

anyway, nice new home (y)

Okay, without further ado

this newest event is hellish

Well, i can somehow managed to clear it, but at least with a healer and 2 casualties, from 10 runs i got around 2-3 loses, and so far, no Chinese Miku nor SSR Takemi in sight.

And i did managed to clear it with all members alive once.

It seems i should put Rinka as my main leader so other guys could borrow it to give them more health advantages, along with my SSR Red Takemi, hopefully people would put Rinka too so i can borrow her

Btw, if they really give you that SSR when you clear it 100 times, well then....

13686772_10206752376995260_144401249257978800_n.jpg

Guys what is the best kind of weapon to use against the fort class?

Interesting new event with lots of very nifty prizes all around. Even if RNG hates us, one can get quite the prizes via quest rewards as long as one works hard enough (since if one finishes all the other quests, that sweet SSR prize will eventually come itself).

The event maps are nice too with not being too tight but narrow enough that it can cause problems if the smaller BETA is not cleared fast enough. It can be cleared w/o SSR's or good XM3'ed units (as long as they're good enough P-attribute TSFs) but it would be harder to S Rank if one doesn't bring/have them because the boss has a crap ton of HP (I do bring my only SSR the P-attribute, Missile XJF-01, but its not a must).

Although it can bring the hurt, the Fort class is far easier compared to the Hammerhead class (got 2 Yifei drops so far). Rushing the 2 Laser class before the other 2 near it spawns is ideal to prevent deadly crossfires (I rush the 2 as soon as the initial vanguards are cleared enough).

One only needs to S rank it once (its hard enough so not ideal to bring ones that needs EXP & affection points) as long as one can finish the quest, the drops are yours. We don't even have to clear all the spawning BETA, like the last 2 Laser class that spawns near your starting point, they can be safety ignored.

As usual, characters like SR Minori w/ her healing & SR Rinka w/ her party ATK buff (if you can afford &/or need it, SR Inia w/ her DEF debuff)  can help speed up the process. Bringing a CP of your choice (either via their stat boosts, skill or both) that you feel complements your squad can help even more.

Aah, millions of points I gathered last event disappeared oh so quickly...

2 people like this

Okay, after spamming the 30 stamina around 30 times, unlocked all episodes, i found a team build that will makes me less likely to lose, lowering the casualties rate to 0-1 each run, here's some tips to build your team.

POWEEEEEERRRRRR

• Unlike any other events where usually i'm not using Minori as healers, her role here is damn important because she gives you higher chance to finish the run, so this goes without saying, bring her along with her limits and levels maxed out
  • Your most important aspects when choosing the TSF, is their health and defense here, even though fort classes aren't as annoying as Hammonds, over one million health bar is a pain in the ass
  • Missile type, bring it, and put the burst damage character on it (SR Meiya armored suit, SR Marimo x yuuko, etc) pro tip, DO NOT bring along your new Shiranui missile from the 20 runs prizes, no matter which character you put to increase its health, its health and guard remains a problem since got whipped once, and boom, dead
  • Bring along a well-balanced unit, do not bring a retarded unit, (most new TSFs lately, gacha and event, are retarded and not well-balanced, bad news) the new SR Shiranui missile is as retarded as golden fubuki missile, no guards, no defense, just brute power, what you need is survivability. A maxed out limits-levels for an HR Shiranui missile is a wiser choice rather than the new SR shiranui missile (in case you don't have another missile-power type, i tested it out, don worry, but since i got a well-balanced power-type missile SSR of course im not using HR anymore lol)
  • Other than defense, you need speed, of course, sword type (or guard type if you don't have, try them out), its good for dealing the damage to the boss, put a damage-type character on it
  • Why you should bring a burst type missile? of course to charge your skill bars faster, bring along a machine gun type if you prefer, skill bars will charges from the hits taken by each enemy, it would charge your special bar faster than any sword types did, got one good? bring it, put anyone to raise your damage or whatever, your choice
  • For the CP, i figured out that the best is the one who will raise your attack (personally, its your choice) since im focused on health and defense so an additional attack would help me much

Here's my units, as you can see even though i got some SSRs, i havent maxed out any of them yet (even my SR Haruko nos is the strongest lol, but dont use it becaus of her skill)

• Primary damage dealers, Yui and Meiya, each in Takemikazuchi, i'm grateful that i got those first batch SSRs since they're pretty well-balanced
  • Secondary damage dealers, as a support also, Minori in a Fubuki, this is one of my well balanced SR unit with a good defense, Minori's overall stats are pretty low, and with her role as healers, i decided to put it there, On a Zhuravlik, she'll be dead since it got low defense, in those SSRs, it would be wasted and wont deal much damage
  • Main support, got Cryska in a Zhuravlik, its a retarded unit but at least not that much, her health and attack is good here, except its defense, a good support but mostly it always dead first whenever there was casualties
  • Back support, SR Meiya with a missile type, bring the rain, forget the meiya clone, but she is my best burst-damage dealer so far lol

And i haven't get any SSR drops, and i did get 2 Yifeis from a run once

cats.jpg

Screenshot_2017-01-24-20-08-10-433.jpeg

2 people like this

Ohh so we moved to a new place ooooook.

First run of 24 ap got Yifei, she loves me lol and lol that fort class at least my better units are P type (still no SSRs...)  gonna try to adjust my units to finish the 30 ap, damn it i need that takemi in my life i hope i get it

I got the SSR Takemi the second time I cleared the hardest quest lol!

@Imabot , @Nexiva your strategy are very good. I personally have another strategy...I call it,

The one Yui army!!

I will soon give information about the event.

Hey I want hear you guts thoughts about this.

With having first SSR to be obtainable by other means you think it wil be a regular thing from now on or it will reserved for more special events? Maybe only ones with a storyline?

And what does this mean in the long run? An incoming powercreep?

45 minutes ago, Imabot said:

Hey I want hear you guts thoughts about this.

With having first SSR to be obtainable by other means you think it wil be a regular thing from now on or it will reserved for more special events? Maybe only ones with a storyline?

And what does this mean in the long run? An incoming powercreep?

I think from now on they give away low tier SSR during all events. If you compare the stats of the Takemi to the stats of the recent new TSFs, then they are much lower. The cost is lower too. The new Takemi is about as strong as the old TSFs (released in September/October/November). So gacha SSR will still be stronger than event SSR. Money still gives an advantage that's why I think they can continue giving away SSR.

The power creep already happened when XM3 was released. I don't think it's going to happen anymore. Well I hope or our old characters and TSFs are going to be worthless.

EDIT: Yeah I updated the front page!!! What do you think? I think it looks good! Now this topic is really a command post for MLSF.

Edited by haloff1

1 person likes this