Jambatti

How can i get this game?

21 posts in this topic

Hello friends, i browsed all of this site and others aswell, but i still cannot understand - how can i get ALternative?

I played Extra/Unlimited on Steam and liked it. Then i learned that Alternative has already been released, but where can i buy this game in English?

Any help will be appreciated.

P.s. I know that devs had plans to make Alternative into Steam, but i don't want to wait - so i assumed there should be other places where one can buy this game?...

Edited by Jambatti

It will be out shortly.  Just hold on a little longer.

Well, you could always buy the original Japanese version and download the Amaterasu fan patch... But frankly, it would be better to just wait for the official English version, if for no other reason than the quality difference.

Not to mention the original game crashes on anything above Windows XP (I think some people managed to make it work on windows 7, but it was an ordeal), and the new release has both a better translation and upgraded art.

14 hours ago, Riekko said:

Well, you could always buy the original Japanese version and download the Amaterasu fan patch... But frankly, it would be better to just wait for the official English version, if for no other reason than the quality difference.

I was going to suggest this then thought better of it... lol.

5 hours ago, Marx-93 said:

Not to mention the original game crashes on anything above Windows XP (I think some people managed to make it work on windows 7, but it was an ordeal), and the new release has both a better translation and upgraded art.

Virtualbox or VMware (or even Hyper-V I guess, and probably a few others too) are all options for running virtual machines with any OS you could want - just fire up a new VM and install XP in it, bam!  Of course, you have to find a Windows XP disk or image to install from, but hey.

Lots of ways to skin a cat - some easier than others.  I personally considered getting the original and decided to wait, but if anyone is determined to get the original and try this I'll gladly offer advice on getting the virtual environment set up.

1 person likes this

Is there any information about translation progress and general status of MLA? Its Jan2k17 already.-_-

These guys aren't great at communicating progress, but there was a tweet on their Twitter ( @muvluvseries ) showing progress porting graphics on Jan 6 - just a composite test, but it's better than silence.
I'd kind of like to see a monthly progress report - or even a monthly "hey, we're still alive" announcement - but their PR staff must be like 0 or something....

1 person likes this

Thank you for your reply.

4 hours ago, rlranft said:

These guys aren't great at communicating progress, but there was a tweet on their Twitter ( @muvluvseries ) showing progress porting graphics on Jan 6 - just a composite test, but it's better than silence.
I'd kind of like to see a monthly progress report - or even a monthly "hey, we're still alive" announcement - but their PR staff must be like 0 or something....

Muv-Luv is one of the most funded video game project on kickstarter. Such disrespect for the audience by keeping people in the dark. 

Edited by WhiskeredMaster

5 hours ago, rlranft said:

they've been doing just that since the ks ended, only missed 1 month(sept2016) so far.

Hey guys, sorry for not responding for so long, thank you all for the answers.

4 hours ago, rlranft said:

So they have already spent all the backers money. Figured as much.

On 22.12.2016 at 6:35 AM, Riekko said:

Well if fan patch is at least decent quality, i think i'd rather do that. Where can i download it?

2 hours ago, Jawer said:

they've been doing just that since the ks ended, only missed 1 month(sept2016) so far.

Where can we read about it then?

3 hours ago, Jambatti said:

Well if fan patch is at least decent quality, i think i'd rather do that. Where can i download it?

"decent" is relative. By itself the old english patch doesn't seem that bad. But when you then compare it to the quality seen in the Muv-Luv steam release it's like night and day.

3 hours ago, Jambatti said:

Where can we read about it then?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/updates

18 hours ago, Jawer said:

Where?  I don't see them here and I don't see them on Twitter from @muvluvseries which I apparently mistook as primary community interaction channels.  My suggestion was to put it in the Command Post - I put it under Site Feedback.  It makes sense to put them on this site since this is the official community portal - or am I just nuts?

Edited by rlranft

The KS is the main way through which news of the project is given, with all the updates in the link @Tits_Mcgruff gave. We soon should have one this January. I do admit however, I'm not sure if non-backers can see them. Twitter seems to be mostly informal, and this forums is thought more for the community, and probably to report bugs and the like once the release is done (with the release of Extra and Unlimited there was a burst of activity of the admin, which had remained very inactive for a time).

If non-backers want it, I could post transcripts of them on a new thread, but honestly, there's not that much in them.

Edited by Marx-93

5 minutes ago, Marx-93 said:

If non-backers want it, I could post transcripts of them on a new thread, but honestly, there's not that much in them.

That will be great ! 

15 hours ago, Marx-93 said:

The KS is the main way through which news of the project is given, with all the updates in the link @Tits_Mcgruff gave. We soon should have one this January. I do admit however, I'm not sure if non-backers can see them. Twitter seems to be mostly informal, and this forums is thought more for the community, and probably to report bugs and the like once the release is done (with the release of Extra and Unlimited there was a burst of activity of the admin, which had remained very inactive for a time).

Non kickstarter folks can see them but they don't get notified of the updates and they'd have to bookmark that particular kickstarter page vs just heading over to the muv luv forum. I think the muv luv staff ought to cross post the kickstarter updates in command post over here to be honest. Many other game companies cross post updates to their internal community forum no matter how small the internal one is.  I think most of the news is coming from twitter and kickstarter (which is odd cause the only thing I know of from people I know in real life is that twitter is dying and almost no one uses it).

Edited by limith

Whoa - I watch Twitter for the long list of artists who routinely post work there.  Of course, as a result my Twitter feed is not really safe for work ... but hey.

1 person likes this

There is a subscribe option in the main page, but I have no idea if it's working or not. Getting news on the inbox is better than having to check the forum  or the KS page.

10 hours ago, limith said:

Non kickstarter folks can see them but they don't get notified of the updates and they'd have to bookmark that particular kickstarter page vs just heading over to the muv luv forum. I think the muv luv staff ought to cross post the kickstarter updates in command post over here to be honest. Many other game companies cross post updates to their internal community forum no matter how small the internal one is.  I think most of the news is coming from twitter and kickstarter (which is odd cause the only thing I know of from people I know in real life is that twitter is dying and almost no one uses it).

Japanese people still use twitter, so it makes sense that japanese companies (Like degica an âge) use it.

When are you going to release Alternative for Steam? I hope its by end of January. I really want to read it so bad! Just don't censor anything like you did with Extra/Unlimited. Degica/ixtl better not axe out the 2006 original Alternative OP. Because it feels natural to keep the original. Please make the Alternative cheaper than $34.99. Oh and do me a favor and create a Director's Cut Patch for it. Release it on denpasoft just as you did with Extra/Unlimited back in Thanksgiving with a $4.99 discount.

Edited by Ka12(rtm
add something

20 hours ago, Ka12(rtm said:

When are you going to release Alternative for Steam? I hope its by end of January. I really want to read it so bad! Just don't censor anything like you did with Extra/Unlimited. Degica/ixtl better not axe out the 2006 original Alternative OP. Because it feels natural to keep the original. Please make the Alternative cheaper than $34.99. Oh and do me a favor and create a Director's Cut Patch for it. Release it on denpasoft just as you did with Extra/Unlimited back in Thanksgiving with a $4.99 discount.

You're pretty demanding, aren't you?

1 person likes this

On 22/01/2017 at 2:56 PM, Ka12(rtm said:

Muv-Luv Alternative will be censored just the like everything else, otherwise there can't be a steam release. Plus if they didn't censor it what is the point of them then releasing a patch on denpasoft? There's also no way they will sell MLA on release for anything less than the original kickstarter cost. It sounds like you're not even a backer so I don't understand why you think Degica would even listen to your requests.