danmarce

About the Director's Cut Download

7 posts in this topic

Just in case you have problems with the 2 downloaded files from backerkit.

You will notice these files might have a long name (that was assigned by backerkit). Something like this (note I your files might have a different name, In my case I changed the names a little):

uploads_2Fbe975993b18eac69361d7c7aXXXXXXXX_2FMuvLuv_DirectorsCut.zip
uploads_2F3bb5a777f6215253030a9d17XXXXXXXX_2FMuvLuv_DirectorsCut.z01

What you have to do is rename these files, to something like:

DirectorsCut.zip
DirectorsCut.z01

Then you will be able to unzip.

1 person likes this

I have tried changing the names to the what the instructions say and It still won't unzip....

5 hours ago, Serge00w0 said:

I have tried changing the names to the what the instructions say and It still won't unzip....

It also depends on the utility program used to unzip.

7zip doesn't work in this case. Try Winzip or Winrar as they have been reported to work with split zip files.

12 hours ago, cabfe said:

It also depends on the utility program used to unzip.

7zip doesn't work in this case. Try Winzip or Winrar as they have been reported to work with split zip files.

7-zip (16.02) does work.

+1 to 7-zip, it handles archive parts just fine. Just be sure start the extraction process from the main part (the .zip file).

If it still doesn't work, download the files once more to be safe and check the sizes. The zip file should be about 116Mb in size and the z01 should be around 150Mb (roughly).

I've generated MD5 checksums if you know how to use them to check file integrity :

89bed83e32fd835239a50cf56bc941ba  MuvLuv_DirectorsCut.zip

2a1e6daafa873f934496be6313f298e6  MuvLuv_DirectorsCut.z01

Edited by Klashvorn

8 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

+1 to 7-zip, it handles archive parts just fine. Just be sure start the extraction process from the main part (the .zip file).

If it still doesn't work, download the files once more to be safe and check the sizes. The zip file should be about 116Mb in size and the z01 should be around 150Mb (roughly).

I've generated MD5 checksums if you know how to use them to check file integrity :

89bed83e32fd835239a50cf56bc941ba  MuvLuv_DirectorsCut.zip

2a1e6daafa873f934496be6313f298e6  MuvLuv_DirectorsCut.z01

Was about to ask for checksums. Thanks.

A bit late to the party, but I didn't bother getting the adult patch before. Backerkit is giving me some trouble to even download the thing. When I click on the download link, it leads me to a page that reads:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Request has expired</Message><X-Amz-Expires>3600</X-Amz-Expires><Expires>2016-12-30T23:41:13Z</Expires><ServerTime>2016-12-31T01:15:45Z</ServerTime><RequestId>436BBFCE06C68262</RequestId><HostId>gByTLV7DPEO+/yUr2pADpVWL59Q+KRBX2u7g+S9/ApbCNK7Jzwy1CcuPGnH2WW9qkjsIPF2w9AU=</HostId></Error>

I am an idiot so I might be doing something wrong, but that definitely doesn't look normal. Maybe I should create a new thread about this, but the issue seems related to the one discussed here.