Discalibur

Anime Expo 2017

14 posts in this topic

AX badges are going on sale next week for anyone who's committed on going. 

We had a really good turnout this year and had some good sessions with Koki and rienee

601396dcd7f677f168d481f869b14c39_original.jpeg

With Alternative coming out, hopefully we can raise the Muv-Luv flag for another year.

Edited by Discalibur

4 people like this

Hope you all the best for AX 2017. Make sure to have all the fun for me!

Side note: Extra kudos for adding in the group shot. Now that I look back on it, I didn't realize we had so many people for the photo haha. It definitely brings back memories and a smile on my face. 

Edited by Ikaruga

4 people like this

I'm thinking of coming out for AX, although the hotel prices out there are scary. I'll be bummed if Kouki and Rienee aren't back for a third year, but riding on the back of Alternative's release -- Alternative will be out by then, right, guys? -- maybe it would be a good time for them to come back and promote it. Plus, whatever's next, whether that's the photons or Schwarzesmarken, or if there's any news on the Kiminozo "remake" (if that's really what it is?), or Duty - Lost Arcadia, or whatever.

Plus, maybe some of the Pacific Northwest folks from Alternative Projects will come down for AX (@evan? @sachibelle?).

At any rate, I'll still definitely be going to Anime Central in May, and have a Muv-Luv panel proposal in for that one. This year's panel with @Aetherdeus and @Dexomega was so good…

Yeah, I'm gonna try to nab my tickets on the sale, still wrangling for a hotel tho. I'm still trying to finish my 00 in time, but I'm very, very slow... I should at least have Takeru (Hakuryou uniform) & Yuuya (jacket ver.) costumes with me. Fingers crossed for Kiminozo news & staff return, I'm still bummed I missed this year (but ACen was fun!)

It's best to book your hotel through AX when they release the hotel blocks, the hotels in the area set aside a certain number of rooms specifically for congoers which go for a much lower rate than normal. Last year I booked a hotel fairly close for $204 a night plus complementary shuttle services.

Last year they released the blocks around March but I don't remeber if you needed to have a badge purchased already.

Is it still a 4-6-hour wait in the sun to pick up badges? Is it best to do that on Day 0?

23 minutes ago, invalidname said:

Is it still a 4-6-hour wait in the sun to pick up badges? Is it best to do that on Day 0?

I picked up my badge first thing Friday morning and it was about 45 minutes in line. Not sure how busy next year will be since they'll be having events day 0.

I always go. This will be my 13th consecutive AX.

Got my Premium Fan badge! Hotels are always a battle to get even with priority. This is especially true of the JW, Court Yard or Residence Inn closest to LA Live. I would like to see the MuvLuv crew again. Hopefully I have more time to try to meet you guys. I am looking forward seriously to Ani-song World Matsuri 2017. Its as close to Animelo as we can get here. 

1 person likes this

On 12/20/2016 at 0:06 AM, OddballYukari said:

Got my Premium Fan badge! Hotels are always a battle to get even with priority.

I just noticed the AX hotel room blocks page, which says it opens to premiere attendees on Feb 1, and general attendees on Feb 15. Are you saying everything will be gone to premiere before it even opens to general?

A while back, I grabbed a reservation at a nearby Holiday Inn Express as a backup. Maybe I'll end up needing it.

4 hours ago, invalidname said:

I just noticed the AX hotel room blocks page, which says it opens to premiere attendees on Feb 1, and general attendees on Feb 15. Are you saying everything will be gone to premiere before it even opens to general?

A while back, I grabbed a reservation at a nearby Holiday Inn Express as a backup. Maybe I'll end up needing it.

The hotel block available for the premier members is separate from the general attendee block. 

The Marriott and L.A. Courtyard are gone pretty much instantly once the hotel scramble goes live, but you can usually get a sub $200 hotel within a mile if you book within 10 minutes.

Edited by Discalibur

And my reservations for AX at the JW are set and done for the full duration of the con! Once again another battle of the website to get all the days needed. In past years, I would call the housing line because everyone else was battling the website. Now it appears the phone lines were jammed up since that secret is out. 

Sheeesh, that was a mess - hotel reserved! I'll see all of you at AX!

1 person likes this