~Freedom

300k $ surplus theories

544 posts in this topic

You know guys, stuff like graphical upgrades and an official English website have already been promised by the Muv-Luv team at the outset, so I don't think they'll need the surplus money for that.

And speaking of Kimi ga Ita Kisesu, I've heard it was Age's debut title released in 1998, and I've heard it's about a photographer. How is it? And has anyone played the original game, or do you all only know the remake?

6 minutes ago, The Green String said:

Since Ayu and Mayu had their Theater already, and the Kimi ga Ita Kisesu remake included its own KimiIta Theater, can we push Kouki to make a Muv-Luv Theater? I remember he mentioned during the airing of TE that he would like to do a Yukon Theater, but nothing came out of it..

Oh yeah a Muv-Luv Theater would be great, people could use the extra laughs after experiencing certain Game moments.

7 minutes ago, PulakK said:

And speaking of Kimi ga Ita Kisesu, I've heard it was Age's debut title released in 1998, and I've heard it's about a photographer. How is it? And has anyone played the original game, or do you all only know the remake?

What I have is only secondhand information from someone who played it some time ago (I only played through two routes of the remake, still stuck on Marika's route...), but this is what that one had:

1. The original KimiIta is closer to a "game" and "lighter" on the plot than the "modern", plot-centric VN pioneered by Kanon. You have an interactive map and can go around to speak to characters and set flags, unlock H-scenes (~40 of them) and get to the endings (47 of them). The four main heroines (the Isumi sisters) are still the same as in the remake. The system is similar to the one in Fate/hollow ataraxia, and I think Altered Fable has something like it, too?
2. The rUGP version it uses is very old. To run it, the physical game cd needs to be in your optical drive.
3. The flag system is quite complicated; for example, (spoilers)

Spoiler

to understand a certain heroine's behavior and get to her true end, one must first view a certain bad end. Thankfully the plot for that heroine got changed in the remake, though that portion is made fun of (with remade CGs, even) in that particular route.

4. The defining "Dream or Love" choice which forms the climax of the main heroine routes in the original now happen mid-route in the corresponding remake routes.

Now, for the firsthand things:
1. The remake got a completely new voice cast (Michiru's VA is the same as in Alternative, Kumiko Watanabe). Marika's VA actually changed from the original KimiIta to Chronicles:Inheritance to the remake, while Akira's former VA now voices Yuuko.

Spoiler

This is an Easter egg in the Sadogashima Arc; recall the grunt pilot saved by Ikaruga, Tsukuyomi & company? That's Isumi Akira.

2. No Munakata and Kazama; they are Alternative-original characters which got routes in the remake. I think the other two sub-heroines are new as well.
3. Some characters from later age releases got put into the remake: Shinji from KimiNozo (her sister was in the original Kimiita as one of the MC's co-workers; conversely, one of the main heroines cameos  in KimiNozo as Takayuki's landlady), Marimo and Yuuko.
4. The remake contains new versions of the original's sound tracks and more.
5. Remake features the same OP, "Kimi ga ita Kisetsu", sung by Minami Kuribayashi. For some reason it's also called "Raveling Hearts" in the PV below (Captain's version):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QITLgq0pAOM

Nice pairing with "Rumbling Hearts".

38 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Oh yeah a Muv-Luv Theater would be great, people could use the extra laughs after experiencing certain Game moments.

So very true. The Ayu-Mayu Gekijou webseries isn't enough.

16 hours ago, Dexomega said:

I'd prefer they keep it and use it as an emergency fund. They're giving us a lot of value on multiple tiers, I'd like to make sure that they are able to fulfill everything in a timely manner.

I agree with this. I'm already happy with what I'm getting, I think the safest thing to do is hold on to the extra money in case any problems crop up down the line rather than promising anything extra. If they're boxing stuff up ready to be sent off and still have a surplus they can choose something to do with it then.

18 minutes ago, The Green String said:

What I have is only secondhand information from someone who played it some time ago (I only played through two routes of the remake, still stuck on Marika's route...), but this is what that one had:

1. The original KimiIta is closer to a "game" and "lighter" on the plot than the "modern", plot-centric VN pioneered by Kanon. You have an interactive map and can go around to speak to characters and set flags, unlock H-scenes (~40 of them) and get to the endings (47 of them). The four main heroines (the Isumi sisters) are still the same as in the remake. The system is similar to the one in Fate/hollow ataraxia, and I think Altered Fable has something like it, too?
2. The rUGP version it uses is very old. To run it, the physical game cd needs to be in your optical drive.
3. The flag system is quite complicated; for example, (spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

to understand a certain heroine's behavior and get to her true end, one must first view a certain bad end. Thankfully the plot for that heroine got changed in the remake, though that portion is made fun of (with remade CGs, even) in that particular route.

4. The defining "Dream or Love" choice which forms the climax of the main heroine routes in the original now happen mid-route in the corresponding remake routes.

Now, for the firsthand things:
1. The remake got a completely new voice cast (Michiru's VA is the same as in Alternative, Kumiko Watanabe). Marika's VA actually changed from the original KimiIta to Chronicles:Inheritance to the remake, while Akira's former VA now voices Yuuko.

Reveal hidden contents

This is an Easter egg in the Sadogashima Arc; recall the grunt pilot saved by Ikaruga, Tsukuyomi & company? That's Isumi Akira.

2. No Munakata and Kazama; they are Alternative-original characters which got routes in the remake. I think the other two sub-heroines are new as well.
3. Some characters from later age releases got put into the remake: Shinji from KimiNozo (her sister was in the original Kimiita as one of the MC's co-workers; conversely, one of the main heroines cameos  in KimiNozo as Takayuki's landlady), Marimo and Yuuko.
4. The remake contains new versions of the original's sound tracks and more.
5. Remake features the same OP, "Kimi ga ita Kisetsu", sung by Minami Kuribayashi. For some reason it's also called "Raveling Hearts" in the PV below (Captain's version):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QITLgq0pAOM

Nice pairing with "Rumbling Hearts".

So very true. The Ayu-Mayu Gekijou webseries isn't enough.

Interesting stuff about Kimi ga, though I wonder when Age started their trademark style of telling dark and heavy stories, as their debut title seems very light-hearted and slice-of-life (my guess would be Kimi na Gozo Eien). I'm especially curious about the adventure-game style of their 1998 release, as I've read that 0verflow's Snow Radish Vacation also employed a similar mechanic of interactive map movement and event triggers. From what I've heard, you use the map to find the right place at the right time in order to trigger the desired events. Would this be an accurate way to see the gameplay mechanic? Also, 47 endings are a lot, I wonder how they differed.

Spoiler

Also, getting a bad end to see the good end? Sounds like Zero Escape before it was cool.

@PulakK Kouki&co's next main release (Kaseki no Uta) was a sci-fi-genre VN and quite serious. There's also Rasen Kairou (developed by age, but published by ruf in 2000) and its sequel, and the story of them were dark going by the VNDB tags.

Regarding your gameplay description, I think so, yeah. Fun tidbit, Kouki worked with 0verflow on one of their games (maybe Summer Days, as that game ran on rUGP) as a member of the production staff.

Edit: have a PV for the original release of KimiIta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS0sKjX9uPE. Those who have been following news on Schwarzesmarken would find the name displayed at 2:25 very familiar...

Edited by The Green String

I think I'll just join the "give us a Meiya figma too" club.

3 people like this

9 hours ago, Mitchell said:

We're keeping a close eye on this thread.
Ideally, we'll be putting together 2-3 options and let you guys decide/vote on which you'd like to see happen the most.

We want to be careful about promising too much in the way of more content/stories as the Muv-Luv team in Japan is fairly small (i.e. they can't work on a ton of projects at the same time). We'd hate to promise something and then not be able to deliver it for a long time.

That being said, we are working on a faster way to get the English translations into the RUGP engine and ready for release (will hopefully have an update on this in 1-2 months). Once this is solved, and if there is enough interest from the community we can go full Steam ahead on bringing more Muv-Luv content and stories into English. I'd eventually like to get "caught up" and have all of the content that's available in Japanese also available in English.

Thanks for the heads up ! :)

Oh, since wall scrolls were mentioned, how about we stay on the tapestry topic and consider bath towels as well ?

3 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Oh, since wall scrolls were mentioned, how about we stay on the tapestry topic and consider bath towels as well ?

No, I'd feel like it's judging me every time I dry certain areas... <.<;

1 minute ago, Shinygami said:

Wha ? Did you have to go there ? lol

Fine, how about curtains then ? :P

2 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

Well you could just use Character Towels as Picnic Towels, that's what I use them for!......Because honestly using them like you mentioned does freak me out so I don't lol

2 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Wha ? Did you have to go there ? lol

Fine, how about curtains then ? :P

I had to give a meaningful echo to someone else who said something similar about a 1:1 Meiya fig.

Curtains... Maybe, but, I dunno.

3 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Well you could just use Character Towels as Picnic Towels, that's what I use them for!

See ? There are ways !

10 minutes ago, Mormaethor said:

Inb4 "handlotion".

I feel compelled to say something, but can't without proving you right.

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

See ? There are ways !

So there are.

3 minutes ago, Shinygami said:

16 minutes ago, Mormaethor said:

Inb4 "handlotion".

I feel compelled to say something, but can't without proving you right.

*just rolls around laughing* xD

1 minute ago, Klashvorn said:

*just rolls around laughing* xD

I can't let that word be a part of conversation! I can't! Or they win!!!! TTT^TTT

Just now, Shinygami said:

I can't let that word be a part of conversation! I can't! Or they win!!!! TTT^TTT

"handlotion".

I win.

1 minute ago, Mormaethor said:

"handlotion".

I win.

I'm... I just... Dammit.

Is there an option to flip the board hidden somewhere in the thread?

Now, to get back on topic... Honestly, towels and dakis ain't really for me. I'm more for figmas, sculpts, and model kits. Though wallscrolls aren't bad either. In fact, that was an addition to the gift bag I was very happy about, since I can now better my Project Evangelion Racing wallscroll by having Sumika and Meiya instead~

So, maybe... If we add another wallscroll to the equation... How about one featuring some mecha goodness instead of waifus? *Total mechahead*

Getting back on potential goodies, nendoroids maybe ? Just throwing more ideas in at this point haha ^^

5 minutes ago, Mormaethor said:

"handlotion".

I win.

"She puts the lotion in the bucket. She puts the lotion on the skin. Or else it gets the hose again."

You're welcome.

1 minute ago, Shinygami said:

So, maybe... If we add another wallscroll to the equation... How about one featuring some mecha goodness instead of waifus? *Total mechahead*

Sure, I'm all for mecha stuff as well ! B|

1 person likes this

I want cosplay uniforms. Male. Imperial honor guard to make it perfect.

1 minute ago, Mormaethor said:

I'd love to see a lady in an Imperial Guard uniform. I have a thing for form-fitting, gender-bending clothing.

Just now, Mormaethor said:

This. Very much.

More clothing could be nice ^^

Oh oh oh ! I just thought about keychains ! Thanks car keys which were in my field of vision just now ! :)

1 person likes this