~Freedom

300k $ surplus theories

544 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:

There's something bigger than Schwarzesmarken, but the devs said we should wait for their announcement once their hands are no longer full. :)

:o Color me surprised and at the same time aroused

2 people like this

2 hours ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:

There's something bigger than Schwarzesmarken, but the devs said we should wait for their announcement once their hands are no longer full. :)

"Something bigger than Black marks"? TE then?
"Once they hand are no longer full"? That would be 2017 or 2018?

Hope it's not something too risky.

I don't think TE is larger than Schwarzmarken. I think it's most likely KimiNozo. Age was interested in bringing it over back when they were talking to MangaGamer.

Edited by Discalibur

... Huh, I actually think @Discalibur might be right. After all the fan-translation has been progressing well, and if Age had wanted to localize it before it also means that the license must not be too complicated.

In the other hand, it was also decided that Kiminozo was to be separated from this project and it lost on the polls before the KS, so maybe it really is another thing?

Thinking on what they said and on something said before, another likely conclusion would be a sequel to Alternative, but there's no way 300k is enough. And I'm not sure if I would want it too (though if it really got announced I would probably end jumping on the hype train).

While a lot of people, such as myself, would be interested in Kiminozo, it would be an odd choice here, since it's so far removed thematically from MLA. A lot of people got into it for the military aspect and can't stand Extra (and I'm sure there's some people who also speed through Unlimited). 

Given the vagueness and the giant smirk of I-know-something-you-don't from the ML Team, it's probably something that is completely new to everyone. I doubt it's a sequel to Alternative, though. That's pretty much wrapped up, and there's so much lore in the universe that can be used...

TDA 04 english release + the translation of 00, 01, 02 and 03 too?
That would be pretty neat.

EDIT: But that's not even closely "bigger than SCHW", so I'm not really sure.

Edited by ~Freedom

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Anix said:

While a lot of people, such as myself, would be interested in Kiminozo, it would be an odd choice here, since it's so far removed thematically from MLA. A lot of people got into it for the military aspect and can't stand Extra (and I'm sure there's some people who also speed through Unlimited). 

Given the vagueness and the giant smirk of I-know-something-you-don't from the ML Team, it's probably something that is completely new to everyone. I doubt it's a sequel to Alternative, though. That's pretty much wrapped up, and there's so much lore in the universe that can be used...

KimiNozo is quite different from Extra though, and it's a pretty integral part of the MuvLuv universe. Some of the Day After stories, Ayu Mayu Alternative, and the upcoming Kimi ga Nozomu Muv heavily reference that specific part of the universe.

That and Koki said in his video that they were going to be really busy and probably not gonna bring anything new until Schwarzesmarken and the Kicksrarter are wrapped up.

19 hours ago, Discalibur said:

KimiNozo is quite different from Extra though, and it's a pretty integral part of the MuvLuv universe. Some of the Day After stories, Ayu Mayu Alternative, and the upcoming Kimi ga Nozomu Muv heavily reference that specific part of the universe.

I meant in terms of slice of life drama vs. hard mil-fi mecha action. It's filled with references but you can definitely get through MLA and MLA Chronicles (that I've read) without knowing anything about it. I didn't see the anime until after I played the trilogy and while it was apparent that there was more depth (and maybe that's because I knew about Kiminozo going in) I never felt confused by anything, I only wanted to know more about the characters.

19 hours ago, Discalibur said:

That and Koki said in his video that they were going to be really busy and probably not gonna bring anything new until Schwarzesmarken and the Kicksrarter are wrapped up.

Which is why we were all expecting TDA or Schwarzesmarken. The ML Team is really getting us worked up with this one. Someone somewhere is good at their job.

1 person likes this

On 2016/1/5 at 4:07 PM, Klashvorn said:

Why must you tease us so @The Muv-Luv Team !? :S

Aaaaaargh, daaaaaaaaaaang iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit ! We still Luv you regardless !

Better teasing than staying silent.
--

Since it's bigger than Black Marks:

• Can be:
  1. Muv Luv manga and/or LN (Trilogy, TE and BM, is enough to make it bigger than the BM VN).
  2. Kimi Ita ('cause Captain >> Your waifu)
  3. MuvLuv Trilogy in German/Chinese/BR/French/[Your lesser language here].
  4. New engine to play in Linux/SteamOS/Mac
  • Can't be:
  1. AyuMayu Alternative.
  2. Kiminozo and Spin offs (another KS).
  3. Black Marks VN/Anime
  4. A new VN/Manga/Anime
  5. A Mobile game.

Am I Missing something?

2 people like this

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to announce a release for KimiNozo without a kickstarter. Isetsu definitely isn't coming out before the stuff Alternative projects has lined up.

On 5 de enero de 2016 at 3:01 AM, The Muv-Luv Team said:

TELL US MORE!!! we can't handle the wait any longer haha,(so let's hope your hands are empty soon(?))

However Schwarzesmarken seemed like a very good deal if managed correctly as you've shown in the kickstarter.

I won't say no to TE being released physically either.

Edited by Migue

On 1/5/2016 at 11:01 AM, The Muv-Luv Team said:

Kinda wondering if the devs are referred to referring to just the Eng-Localization or for all Age releases. JPN side still have Schwarzesmarken Part 2 (and the legendary TDA 04, well, at least I still haven't lost hope), so for their hands to be free... :| That's a long wait I guess.

I'll be waiting, even if it takes an AGE!!! *HYPE*

Ok, we've narrowed the possibilities for everyone. :)

Edited by The Muv-Luv Team
FaceEater reported content for "Too much teasing"

A Schwarzesmarken VN as an add-on to the ML games would be nice!

1 hour ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:

Time to get off of the hype train then
(Give me Kimi ita)

Edited by FaceEater

2 minutes ago, cabfe said:

A Schwarzesmarken VN as an add-on to the ML games would be nice!

They told me that it's something bigger than Schwarzesmarken, so can't be that unless it is Schwarzesmarken+ something more which I see unlikely.

Although I agree with your opinion.

58 minutes ago, The Muv-Luv Team said:

What? Where? Why must you guys torment us so?

16 hours ago, PulakK said:

What? Where? Why must you guys torment us so?

Can be:
Muv Luv manga and/or LN (Trilogy, TE and BM, is enough to make it bigger than the BM VN).
Kimi Ita ('cause Captain >> Your waifu)
MuvLuv Trilogy in German/Chinese/BR/French/[Your lesser language here].
New engine to play in Linux/SteamOS/Mac

AyuMayu Alternative.
Kiminozo and Spin offs (another KS).
Black Marks VN/Anime
A new VN/Manga/Anime
A Mobile game.
Am I Missing something?

Hope I don't get banned cause I'm a good person lol

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Migue said:

Can be:
Muv Luv manga and/or LN (Trilogy, TE and BM, is enough to make it bigger than the BM VN).
Kimi Ita ('cause Captain >> Your waifu)
MuvLuv Trilogy in German/Chinese/BR/French/[Your lesser language here].
New engine to play in Linux/SteamOS/Mac

AyuMayu Alternative.
Kiminozo and Spin offs (another KS).
Black Marks VN/Anime
A new VN/Manga/Anime
A Mobile game.
Am I Missing something?

Hope I don't get banned cause I'm a good person lol

That just raises more questions than answers. Goddamit, Age.

Now, with that... only few things pop in my mind (assuming is for English community):
-Kiminozo VNs (maybe as added funds for KS aka lower fund required for goals?)
-browser game (low possibility, but DMM has a upcoming Muv Luv game planned for Japan, so maybe english version of that?)

Or something for both Eng and Jap community:
-Specials/OVA for Muv franchise (well, won't have enough budget for full anime, but maybe shorts or Specials)
-TSF forefront (Okay I went way overboard with this dream, but who knows anyway~XD)

On 1/9/2016 at 11:41 AM, Svenhent said:

-Specials/OVA for Muv franchise (well, won't have enough budget for full anime, but maybe shorts or Specials)

I kind of feel like its OVAs, just wonder what they could do for the OVAs.

2 hours ago, GreatP3nguin said:

I kind of feel like its OVAs, just wonder what they could do for the OVAs.

Maybe a TE anime followup ?