~Freedom

300k $ surplus theories

544 posts in this topic

I'm 100% committing to Schwarzesmarken translation now.

I am also 25% ready to be disappointed when it isn't that. 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, PulakK said:

You can't really prefer one show to another when one of the shows hasn't even released yet. But yeah, I've seen that many fans are hoping Schwarzesmarken will be a better release than T.E.

I haven't seen enough of T.E to form much of an opinion on it beyond YUI BE MY WAIFU PLZ YUUYA'S A JERK!!!!

Yeah, the thing is that Schwarzesmarken has more relevance for the Alternative Universe, because is set before TE and MLA.

Edited by Hoshizora

From what I remember from the video, he hinted that his future plans are creating anime and movie adaptations of the VNs. Both of those things require sizable budgets after all.

16 hours ago, encrypted12345 said:

There's also the issue of the TE anime not telling the full story, so people's opinion are probably lower of it than if it did complete the story. 

Actually, I'm kinda curious how the anime-only watcher for TE would react to the certain plots in the second half of VN. I still remember the reactions in a forum when people played the VN and reaching "the" plot-twist....xD

Just random thought... Age is now trying to promote the Western/English fanbase, and also now involved English fans with translation collaboration; the photons collection of sidestories contains sidestories from TDA ---> there has been dedicated works on TDA fan translation---> TDA translation release possibility?

1 hour ago, Svenhent said:

Actually, I'm kinda curious how the anime-only watcher for TE would react to the certain plots in the second half of VN. I still remember the reactions in a forum when people played the VN and reaching "the" plot-twist....xD

Just random thought... Age is now trying to promote the Western/English fanbase, and also now involved English fans with translation collaboration; the photons collection of sidestories contains sidestories from TDA ---> there has been dedicated works on TDA fan translation---> TDA translation release possibility?

I'm sure the TDA translation will come eventually, but I'm still putting my money on the Schwarzesmarken localization as far as the current Kickstarter surplus is concerned.

1 person likes this

TDA was so beautifully American. I almost cried tears of pure patriotism a few times. The battle at TDA 00 was especially great. 

Anyways, TDA will do fine as an episodic release. Though when the episodes are combined, it shouldn't cost that much more than MLA. TDA 00 being free to act as a demo as sorts, and each episode costing 8 or 7 dollars (depending if the last TDA is 5 or 4) should do the trick. Though obviously, if it goes up to TDA 10 or something, prices will need to be readjusted.

18 hours ago, FaceEater said:

It's no MuvLuv if there is no delays.

Yep. I fully expect the March release date of Muv Luv extra and unlimited is without a doubt going to get delayed. I saw that on the Kickstarter and thought "HA, like hell they are going to manage that." I have confidence in the Muv Luv team but that release date is really optimistic. Things happen in team projects, nothing goes to plan.

As for what the surplus cash is for, that's obvious. Moe BETA redesigns.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, AidanAK47 said:

Yep. I fully expect the March release date of Muv Luv extra and unlimited is without a doubt going to get delayed. I saw that on the Kickstarter and thought "HA, like hell they are going to manage that." I have confidence in the Muv Luv team but that release date is really optimistic. Things happen in team projects, nothing goes to plan.

As for what the surplus cash is for, that's obvious. Moe BETA redesigns.

Hell, even their updates are getting delayed. Well, better a product that's delayed and top-notch, rather than rushed and compromised.

Edited by PulakK

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Hell, even their updates are getting delayed. Well, better a product that's delayed and top-notch, rather than rushed and compromised.

Exactly. What matters is that we get a great product in the end...but I really wish they would stop teasing us with this carrot and stick act. I am starting to have crazy thoughts here. I mean it's not like they would add a Yuuko route to extra right?....right?!...nah never happen...but maybe...

4 people like this

9 minutes ago, AidanAK47 said:

I am starting to have crazy thoughts here. I mean it's not like they would add a Yuuko route to extra right?....right?!...nah never happen...but maybe...

This man here deserves a plushie.

We need more sensei~

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Svenhent said:

We need more sensei~

Absolutely, though now that I think about it, didn't Yuuko have New Game+ routes in Unlimited?

18 minutes ago, PulakK said:

Absolutely, though now that I think about it, didn't Yuuko have New Game+ routes in Unlimited?

Yup, that's the only route throughout the franchise. And the only one I haven't reach due to the RuGP crash XD

We need more sensei~

I want that plushie to be Kasumi shaped and when squeezed it says "ugah" in as monotone a voice as possible. This would also be acceptable.

Yuuko's route in Unlimited ain't so much a route as a alternative ending. Or an additional H-scene.

1 hour ago, PulakK said:

Well i think they didn't place in romance route like other female characters due to the role she plays in Alternative.

What if the update is just being delayed to where it comes out the same day as schwarzesmarken comes out, where they will also announce the schwarzesmarken stretch goal.

Spoiler

I don't think this is needed but /s

Edited by GreatP3nguin

7 hours ago, GreatP3nguin said:

What if the update is just being delayed to where it comes out the same day as schwarzesmarken comes out, where they will also announce the schwarzesmarken stretch goal.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think this is needed but /s

Well, that would let backerkit users add on Schwarzesmarken, but since they said they had to wait until the end of the year or the beginning of the next, I assume they plan to announce the translation in December or January. They plan to open backer kit for only two weeks, so I don't think it's likely.

I don't know, I think that adding Schwarzesmarken to the backerkit would be a bit much (it releases in Japan the day after tomorrow after all). It would be only the first part, and having only one half always leaves a bitter after taste, so i think that if they localize them it will probably be together in a short time range. It's likely to be fairly huge, and the team also has to extensively edit both Muv-luv and Alternative, so I find it unlikely that if it's announced it will arrive any-time before 2017. These things take time, you know.

Now, the truth is that as Schwarzesmarken is still in development and with KS in the middle, they may have added a extra something thinking on the future Western release. Maybe easier compatibility with Western OS so that we can have just after Alternative, or something else cool.

From the new update in regards to Schwarzesmarken 

"The first game will be out this November 27th in Japan, the same date where we'll announce the grand prize winner of the giveaway. Kindly look forward to it :)"

Obviously this is a sign illuminati_by_addmedia-d8jx17l.gif

2 people like this

English translation of the official comic anthology?

Edited by Jawer
my brain died

14 hours ago, Jawer said:

English translation of the official comic anthropology?

*anthology. Anthropology's a scientific field.

Here's hoping for a Schwarzesmarken VN English release, considering it seems to be the big current franchise I would say there's a good chance. I wonder if it would be included with any of the tiers or would it be too late. I would definitely get it either way. 

1 person likes this

It's strange that we still don't get news about this am i right? I believe that it's going to be Schwarzesmarken translation which will be cool if done properly.

There's something bigger than Schwarzesmarken, but the devs said we should wait for their announcement once their hands are no longer full. :)

15 people like this

Bigger than SM ? With only 300k ?

This, is what you call a Freaking Teaser. Alright, I'm ultra hyped now.

Edited by Slump

2 people like this