Nexus

[RESOLVED] Backerkit timeframe?

12 posts in this topic

I've been wondering, how long is the backer kit planned on being left open for? Has there been any word on that yet? I'd love to know even just a rough estimate since the more time I have the more likely I'd want to add more things to my pledge.

55 minutes ago, Nexus said:

I've been wondering, how long is the backer kit planned on being left open for? Has there been any word on that yet? I'd love to know even just a rough estimate since the more time I have the more likely I'd want to add more things to my pledge.

I think it's two weeks post kickstarter, but it might be more, depends on the team. It might've been two weeks to Backerkit release...I might've remembered wrong.

Edited by scottyseng

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I think it's two weeks post kickstarter, but it might be more, depends on the team. It might've been two weeks to Backerkit release...I might've remembered wrong.

That's when everyone gets added to the backer's kit. I'm more interested in when it would likely close.

Edited by Nexus

Just now, Nexus said:

That's when everyone gets added to the backer's kit. I'm more interested in when it would likely close.

Ah, I see. Yeah I would probably say two weeks to a month, but it depends on the team. @Connor Krammer any idea?

Most games that I backed on Kickstarter that used BackerKit lasted on there from 1-6 Months depending on how big the project is, how much work needs to be done to make sure every backer is gonna get their pledge rewards, and how quickly the end products can be shipped out.

Considering that they are aiming to release Yuuko's Gift sometime before Christmas this year I would say that it's at least close to a month at minimum.

I'm not sure if you can close specific Add-Ons on BackterKit since most of the time developers close the entire thing on a specific date but if you can then there's a chance that each Add-On could be closed at different dates depending on their progress until the entire thing fully closes.

But yeah to be on the safe side I think that it'll be around a month.

50 minutes ago, JakatoX said:

Most games that I backed on Kickstarter that used BackerKit lasted on there from 1-6 Months depending on how big the project is, how much work needs to be done to make sure every backer is gonna get their pledge rewards, and how quickly the end products can be shipped out.

Considering that they are aiming to release Yuuko's Gift sometime before Christmas this year I would say that it's at least close to a month at minimum.

I'm not sure if you can close specific Add-Ons on BackterKit since most of the time developers close the entire thing on a specific date but if you can then there's a chance that each Add-On could be closed at different dates depending on their progress until the entire thing fully closes.

But yeah to be on the safe side I think that it'll be around a month.

That's the sort of reasoning I've been thinking, but it's really hard to know without them actually telling us themselves.

@scottyseng @Nexus The BackerKit will open 2 weeks after the Kickstarter ends and run for at least a month, possibly longer. It depends on how long it takes to finish all the designs (for example, the pillowcases), because people will want to see those before they commit to anything.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

@scottyseng @Nexus The BackerKit will open 2 weeks after the Kickstarter ends and run for at least a month, possibly longer. It depends on how long it takes to finish all the designs (for example, the pillowcases), because people will want to see those before they commit to anything.

The way I see it, that's another 6 weeks at least for me to invest more adding to my current wealth of rewards.

PLEASE MAKE THE BACKER REWARDS AVAILABLE FOR NON-BACKERS!

On 21/09/2016 at 2:20 PM, Vhk38a said:

PLEASE MAKE THE BACKER REWARDS AVAILABLE FOR NON-BACKERS!

What's the point of a "backer reward" if it's available to non-backers?

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, cabfe said:

What's the point of a "backer reward" if it's available to non-backers?

^This.

I think it was stated whatever was leftover would be sold on a store of some sort? Not sure. That said I do recall that the chances would be slim because I think everything is made to how many backers got what and what.

Edited by KJO

On 9/26/2016 at 11:39 PM, KJO said:

I think it was stated whatever was leftover would be sold on a store of some sort? Not sure.

Yes, pretty much.

Don't expect leftover items to cover for all backers in case of issues though, that would be quite unrealistic.