GreatP3nguin

Mild complaint on mobile ver. of site

11 posts in this topic

The forums kind of cut off and there is just unused space

Screenshot_2015-11-02-20-37-37.png

 

Also adding to here there is no off topic section, and that would be nice

Edited by GreatP3nguin
add in my second suggestion

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I'll just tact this on too.

There isn't an off topic section, there is general chat which will mean VN/ muv luv chats. Not off topic discussions like other video games.

Edited by GreatP3nguin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GreatP3nguin said:

Also I'll just tact this on too.

There isn't an off topic section, there is general chat which will mean VN/ muv luv chats. Not off topic discussions like other video games.

We have the PX Lounge, which is our general chat section. Feel free to post anything you like there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Connor Krammer said:

We have the PX Lounge, which is our general chat section. Feel free to post anything you like there.

For other gaming community forums general will mean the game or game's genre though

I mean if off topic is allowed no point in making a new section, but posting in general, it just...feels wrong in a way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GreatP3nguin said:

For other gaming community forums general will mean the game or game's genre though

I mean if off topic is allowed no point in making a new section, but posting in general, it just...feels wrong in a way

I see your point. I'll look into setting up a proper off-topic section for everyone.

As for the unused space, that's more @Nathanial B.'s territory. I can program, but I don't have access to the forum's code. To me it looks like a (hopefully) fairly simple CSS fix.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Connor Krammer said:

I see your point. I'll look into setting up a proper off-topic section for everyone.

As for the unused space, that's more @Nathanial B.'s territory. I can program, but I don't have access to the forum's code. To me it looks like a (hopefully) fairly simple CSS fix.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Also with the unused space, the site has it even on desktop when browser is on half of monitor.

Untitled.thumb.png.935842602ab9f1b639090

Seems like a semi-fix is just have the forums be centered

it isn't really a fix, but it will make it look better in my opnion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GreatP3nguin If it's doing that when the site is sized down it's almost definitely CSS. Most likely some code inside a media query for small screen sizes. Or if it was written mobile-first, the problem is with the main CSS and not inside the media query, but at this point who's even paying attention to what I'm saying any more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Connor Krammer said:

@GreatP3nguin If it's doing that when the site is sized down it's almost definitely CSS. Most likely some code inside a media query for small screen sizes. Or if it was written mobile-first, the problem is with the main CSS and not inside the media query, but at this point who's even paying attention to what I'm saying any more?

The problem is that the width of the site is set to 85% in the .ipsLayout_container selector (and a max-width of 40000px :P), which adds some borders in desktop mode, but doesn't look good in the mobile theme. So it should be reset to 100% in mobile mode, pretty easy fix.

But it is pretty annoying that websites switches to mobile theme as soon as the width goes under 1024px, as the half-width of a 24" monitor is usually 960px...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the unused space. It gives me somewhere to put my fingers on for scrolling and stuff, without the fear of hitting a link or button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see we got an other game section...still no off topic though.

 

It is a step in the right direction at least :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.