Connor Krammer

Muv-Luv Feedback

488 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Randomacts said:

Steam card support :D ...... what... Am I the only one that has been enjoying making ~$10 from steam cards from this game so far?

I have something along the lines of 150 cards(from various games) because I never do anything with them.

Just now, Randomacts said:

On a side note... from what I have been able to gather.. a few of the team members are frustrated by having to deal with the feedback after you guys most likely was perfect. Most people either will always think all of their work is shit or they won't be able to see the flaws due to tunnel vision. And besides expensive Q/A and or lots of beta testing there is nothing you do to avoid this in this industry. 

The good news is though is that I would consider Muv-Luv currently in a soft launch state. .. While sales wise it can be risky to do it this way as it will no longer be a 'new' release you will be able to do your big advertisement or w/e push right before and as Alternative comes out for the 'real' launch.

Until then you guys have time to work on fixing the fixable issues and catch your breath... Most likely you won't get any real sleep until Alternative is out if you are anything like me.. And I don't even work for you guys =p 

Please just try to stay positive and we will try to sort through what are actual fixable things and what is just people complaining about but isn't actually worth the time or money ect to fix. 

:x

We're definitely working on the issues, and you're right when you guess lots of us aren't getting much sleep. That takes its toll, but it's also part of the industry.

The positive thoughts are really appreciated, Random, and I'm grateful for all the work I see you do on the Steam forums. Takes a load off of us, and every minute we don't have to spend on the forums is time that we spend on compiling reports/reproducing errors so we can get stuff fixed—you should see the giant document I have open right now—or working on the games. It really helps when people do what they can to answer questions.

Cheers to that.

1 hour ago, evan said:

List of things new in official version as opposed to fan translation:

Muv-Luv Alternative:

• Plenty more yet to be announced

An after credits scene where all the cast gathers together to celebrate the ending of the game? Hahaha... I'm delusional, but that will really help with the post-game depression. Well, either that or a proper Marimo route >_>

Either way, I'm hyped even more for Alternative now

. eating.jpgeating.jpgeating.jpgeating.jpg

Edited by David

5 minutes ago, Endymion said:

so in Chizuru's route after

Reveal hidden contents

Akane gets hit and you are back at the school in the entrance hall

and its raining did anyone else notice that its raining inside the building? bug or oversite? 

Sorry for editing your post, but I just spoiler tagged one small part.

As for the raining thing—I'll be looking into that. Thanks for letting us know.

2 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

i have a screenshot if you want it?

1 minute ago, Endymion said:

i have a screenshot if you want it?

Yeah, that would be great.

(Never going to say no when people help us out as we fix things!)

1 minute ago, Connor Krammer said:

Yeah, that would be great.

Spoiler

cjjj0.jpg

Edited by Endymion

1 person likes this

Yeppers, that looks like a bug (someone probably forgot a line during a scene transition). We'll get that looked at.

10 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

We're definitely working on the issues, and you're right when you guess lots of us aren't getting much sleep. That takes its toll, but it's also part of the industry.

The positive thoughts are really appreciated, Random, and I'm grateful for all the work I see you do on the Steam forums. Takes a load off of us, and every minute we don't have to spend on the forums is time that we spend on compiling reports/reproducing errors so we can get stuff fixed—you should see the giant document I have open right now—or working on the games. It really helps when people do what they can to answer questions.

Cheers to that.

I'm glad I'm actually helping and not making it worse. It is hard to tell sometimes for the same reason that game devs get tunnel vision :)

I know I'm not the only one that has been pretty active on the steam forums.

@Scars Unseen has been and I'm sure others that I just can't keep track of all the names.

3 minutes ago, Endymion said:

-snip screenshot-

Lol that is pretty hilarious but yup that is a bug. Either that or Meiya is salty that you aren't on her route and is trying to sabotage you guys.

Edited by Randomacts

1 person likes this

Just now, Connor Krammer said:

Yeppers, that looks like a bug (someone probably forgot a line during a scene transition). We'll get that looked at.

also i didn't notice till after my first post it happens both times your in the hall

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

Speaking of rain. During the rope or sniper scene you can see inconsistent areas where the rain falls and stops at their legs as well as doesn't fall into the lake but i wasn't sure if it's always been like that or not. Will provide a screenshot much later with other findings if necessary. Been on the forums for the last couple of days now trying to better the mood in here for the lovely people at Degica.

4 minutes ago, StormVanguard said:

Speaking of rain. During the rope or sniper scene you can see inconsistent areas where the rain falls and stops at their legs as well as doesn't fall into the lake but i wasn't sure if it's always been like that or not. Will provide a screenshot much later with other findings if necessary. Been on the forums for the last couple of days now trying to better the mood in here for the lovely people at Degica.

We appreciate it :) Steam forums can be exhausting to manage.

And yeah, it's always amazing when people can supply screenshots or video of their problem. Sometimes, especially with issues that might be hard to reproduce, it can be difficult to figure out what's going wrong. Also, sometimes the odd person on our team might be less familiar with the script than most of us, so screenshots help them tell where the issue is happening.

Really saves us a lot of time and helps us address issues faster.

50 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

We appreciate it :) Steam forums can be exhausting to manage.

And yeah, it's always amazing when people can supply screenshots or video of their problem. Sometimes, especially with issues that might be hard to reproduce, it can be difficult to figure out what's going wrong.

Really saves us a lot of time and helps us address issues faster.

No problem i'm sure plenty of us are happy to provide for the best experience. To actually lend a helping hand to Muv-Luvs future feels pretty great when we use to be closed off entirely. And i think people are forgetting that, just some things are best left to the community we have you guys covered.

Hold on... i'm getting different results than what i'm seeing on screen.

20160719021307_1.jpg

This one's rather difficult to explain but the rain hits their legs and it looks like it should be hitting the ground in the background, the issue on the left outside of the characters in the trench i'm pretty sure can't be fixed. It's a lot more obvious in animation but if you see those horizontal lines on their legs that's what i'm talking about.

20160715064610_1.jpg

This one is a bit more jarring as the nurse doesn't even move her lips nor do her eyes blink.

The other issues i have spotted are more editing related regarding characters talking as someone they're not.

20160715082131_1.jpg

"Mmmm" and "munch munch" was clearly Takeru.

But that's all for now until i read the rest of the routes.

I have like 30 animes i need to catch up on now. xD

Edited by StormVanguard

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

@StormVanguard - Thanks for the screenshots and elaboration—that helps a lot. I'll look into those.

I find myself desiring a chapter selection after ctrling through all that. haha

1 person likes this

Just now, StormVanguard said:

I find myself desiring a chapter selection after ctrling through all that. haha

Believe me, that's one feature that would make my life easier as well, haha.

Just now, Connor Krammer said:

For referencing the old PC version you can sort of make your own chapter files by making saves and then adding notes to them. You could technically do the same thing with a game with a bunch of saved loaded on the steam one but you just won't have notes saying where they are ect in the game.

3 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

My condolences. ;_;7

1 hour ago, Endymion said:
  Hide contents

cjjj0.jpg

I'm like 90% sure this bug is in the original release even.

4 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Could be. I'll need to confirm that as part of the documenting process (unless someone has already taken a screenshot of the scene in the original release and can share it, in which case that would save me hunting it down for comparison).

Should really be fixed either way, though. Looks unpolished.

2 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Probably can't do anything about it than as i don't see Ixtl giving two craps unless Alternative produces amazing sales.

Just now, StormVanguard said:

Probably can't do anything about it than as i don't see Ixtl giving two craps unless Alternative produces amazing sales.

I'll push for it, but a couple of factors will determine how high up the priority queue it is. I'd like to see it fixed, myself.

12 minutes ago, Connor Krammer said:

I'll push for it, but a couple of factors will determine how high up the priority queue it is. I'd like to see it fixed, myself.

No worries, i expected as much honestly. The team already has plenty in their workload to handle along with translations so i don't think any of us expects the team to add to this when Degica is quite frankly balancing on a thin wire.

Edited by StormVanguard

So, I was just remembering something and found someone else removed from Muv Luv Extra.

In the intro:

His mom calls in to Sumika. Why isn't this in the new release? Just curious.

Also experiencing some audio pop:

Can be heard here:

In the old release, you can just listen to the first video I posted, the audio does not pop.

Edited by Mkilbride

1 person likes this