Connor Krammer

Muv-Luv Feedback

490 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Marx-93 said:

Well, as long as your display is a 16:9 (which if your monitor is HD it must) you would never see them "really" uncropped anyway; that would require some very ugly black bars that may even lower the resolution of the image depending on your monitor. Still, if Degica uploads the uncropped versions in the gallery is a matter of time until someone makes a patch with them uncropped in-game; it will just be ugly though.

The original game was in 4:3 and it wasn't ugly.
And you can play it in windowed mode if you don't want the black bars on the sides.
The 16:9 aspect ratio for this game just looks weird to me. The game just needs a 4:3 mode to display the CG like in the original game.

Edited by ProfesseurM

A 4:3 mode may seem simple in theory, but it can carry a lot of inconveniences (resizing text and sprites in order for them to not look weird is an example) which is why I simply don't think is feasible, specially by Degica right now. In any case, with the full assets in the gallery a fan patch may appear sooner or later, but I don't think you can expect anything more for now.

I tried again the game, now that it's finished I guess ? (I doubt they will make another patch)
Still no text speed option...
Anyway I can't really stand the way the game is displayed in 16:9, when you compare it to the original game in 4:3, the game experience in 16:9 is just inferior, everything looks cropped.
I wish they could just port the original game/tweak it to make it work with Windows 10 (or even just include the original game on the dvd we're gonna get)

Yeah, I want a 4:3 option so I can see the full image.

1 person likes this

Out of curiosity, I tried the game on a 4:3 screen, and no... unfortunately nothing magical happened. The game runs in widescreen format with black bars up & down the image.
I wonder if they'll fix that for the Android version of the game, for the 4:3 tablets.

By the way the fullscreen mode is still broken on Windows 10 (the task bar is always displayed).

The uncropped CGs in the gallery is more than enough, making the game run in 4:3 would be too much trouble just to make a handful of people happy. It will also take months to do, which would delay the release of the other games.

Sometimes you get what you want and sometimes you don't, that's how life works.

Edit:

In most cases, the croping didn't cut anything important, and now that the CGs were "uncropped", we can see more unimportant things.
Random example:

Spoiler

Original:

less.jpg

Gallery in Steam version:

more.png

You can now see Shirogane's mouth.

So less while playing but more in the gallery.

I wonder if they'll fix that for the Android version of the game, for the 4:3 tablets.

This version was made for tablets, that's why the aspect ratio isn't 16:9. The android version most likely be the same.

Edited by FaceEater
Reasons

5 hours ago, FaceEater said:

The uncropped CGs in the gallery is more than enough, making the game run in 4:3 would be too much trouble just to make a handful of people happy. It will also take months to do, which would delay the release of the other games.

Sometimes you get what you want and sometimes you don't, that's how life works.

Edit:

In most cases, the croping didn't cut anything important, and now that the CGs were "uncropped", we can see more unimportant things.
Random example:

Hide contents

Original:

less.jpg

Gallery in Steam version:

more.png

You can now see Shirogane's mouth.

So less while playing but more in the gallery.

Well, your example shot would appease the foot fetishists... that tease of Sumika's toes might be really important to some people.

And I'd have to look at the code, but it shouldn't take months to allow 4:3 aspect ratio unless the whole program is a mess.  The thing is that I'm guessing the vast majority of people have 16:9 displays anyway, so you'd end up letterboxing it on those for full-screen mode anyway (which was a complaint back there somewhere, I believe).  The main problem I'd have with them deciding to attempt this now is that it would just further delay the other releases in this "package" to address a cosmetic concern.

Edited by rlranft
fun

1 person likes this

The game originally ran in 4:3, god dammit.
 It shouldn't be that difficult for a team selling a product to do.

This is supposed be the definitive version, we should have everything the original had - and more. NOT an inferior version.

18 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

The game originally ran in 4:3, god dammit.
 It shouldn't be that difficult for a team selling a product to do.

This is supposed be the definitive version, we should have everything the original had - and more. NOT an inferior version.

If I had to venture a guess, they've moved forward to a newer version of the engine and it no longer supports 4:3 aspect ratio.  Being upset about it doesn't make the software do what you want.  Someone will have to re-implement it for the newer engine.  From the dearth of complaints about this, I'd venture to say it is not worth the effort.  However, I'm sure it's absolutely critical to three or four customers so they might get fired up about it and slam it in some time.

In the interim, it would probably be more productive for them to focus on the other titles in this release set than to keep slamming their heads against a feature that relatively few people want.

2 people like this

I'm wondering if Muv-Luv Extra, Unlimited, Alternative, Altered Fable, Photon Melodies, other Muv-Luv VN Steam will work on MacBook. Is it only exclusive to Windows? It CANNOT WORK ON MAC OR LINUX? No trolling!

18 hours ago, Ka12(rtm said:

I'm wondering if Muv-Luv Extra, Unlimited, Alternative, Altered Fable, Photon Melodies, other Muv-Luv VN Steam will work on MacBook. Is it only exclusive to Windows? It CANNOT WORK ON MAC OR LINUX? No trolling!

Have you tried using WINE?  I don't own any Apple computers, but you could test it with some other games to see if they work.

Anyone have any feedback on this?

Posted (edited)

Don't know if I'm right, but I finally jumped over my shadow and bought the game on steam, although I hate digital contents, when it was on sale, for 20$, which is pretty low for this amazing game. (Want to buy a physical box, still though, if there's any possibilty for that - that beautiful CE box would be aaaaawesome in my showcase... beneath all these Japanese Muv-Luv games...) 

Well, I'm playing it again right now, and it's like I've read it for the first time. Those guys doing the texts: amazing work!

The texts before the official translation got boring pretty fast, because they were repetitive, but now, I have fun with each single sentence. (Most likely exaggerating, but still...) The story may be the same, (although, there's some new content because of the PS3, it seems?) but it's a whole different dimension of fun: 'I need to re-experience it all.'

Thank you, so far, can't wait for Alternative. (and the others.)

がんばって! + Take my money.

Also did a pretty short review on Steam, because there were only a few in German.

Now, if there ever will be an (upliving) anime to the main series, maybe Muv-Luv can finally get the attention it (still) deserves.

Edited by indigoDAYS

Is there any chance of the other OPs being added to the theater menu (divergence and first pain for Extra)? Also, I don't understand the reasoning behind using the old Unlimited video with -Sion-, when it came with a perfectly good looking OP movie in the original release it came from.

Same for Alternative. In another thread it was mentioned that Asu e no Houkou will be used as the game opening animation, and 0-GRAVITY as the mid-series Unit-00 introduction. Will Asu e no Houkou be receiving an animation cut-paste from Name~Kimi no na wa~ or METAMORPHOSE if neither of those will be included? The old animation movie is pretty dated.

Hello to our dedicated Muv-Luv team!

I am not sure where to post this, but you guys should be informed that an app on the android store (Girls X Battle, link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carolgames.gxb&hl=en) is using the suit designs from the game in it's adds. Unaltered even. I personally do not believe they contacted or licensed it from you. It might be a clear cut case of copyright infringement, Please someone look into this. Thank you for your consideration.

This may sound off-topic but hear me out: where can I contact age soft about giving feedback? It must be an English website of age soft. I have some ideas for Muv-Luv but want to let them know my thoughts.