Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSFPrometheus

Colored Thunderbolt - What is a Bolo?

10 posts in this topic

So two questions, anyone have a thunderbolt colored in anything besides white? I have one that I will post but it is all white and would prefer something with more color.

Also, I have heard people talk about Bolos but don't know what that means. These are just two random questions I thought to put here. Thanks for your help.

Thunderbolt.png

There are A-10 resin kits out in UN colors in blue:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/175168

and USA colors in green, similar to the raptors that walken leads:
1240.jpg

I can't really say for sure if there are any CGs that are colored with them though.  There may be some in some of the spin off novels.

Edited by tBanzai

9 hours ago, TSFPrometheus said:

So two questions, anyone have a thunderbolt colored in anything besides white? I have one that I will post but it is all white and would prefer something with more color.

Also, I have heard people talk about Bolos but don't know what that means. These are just two random questions I thought to put here. Thanks for your help.

Thunderbolt.png

In regards to your first question...Are you asking for a wallpaper of an A-10 in color? Or looking for figures?

I was looking for a similar style image as to the one I put up. Sort of like this Hornet.

F18.jpg

6 hours ago, TSFPrometheus said:

I was looking for a similar style image as to the one I put up. Sort of like this Hornet.

F18.jpg

Ah, that's what you wanted. Yeah, if it's not found on the wiki, you might be outta luck.

It might be in the book that was in the kickstarter rewards.

Ah I am new to Muv Luv so don't know what you mean by that. I have only watched Total Eclipse and Schwaresmarken. I haven't played any of the games. So I don't know about the kickstarter.

5 hours ago, TSFPrometheus said:

Ah I am new to Muv Luv so don't know what you mean by that. I have only watched Total Eclipse and Schwaresmarken. I haven't played any of the games. So I don't know about the kickstarter.

There's a book that's coming with the physical goods for some backers that is a compilation of several books originally released in Japan with background information in it and an artbook.

The specific book that I think would have an image of the A-10 in it that's been colored is Integral Works, which I own a copy of, but I don't have it with me at the moment due to various circumstances.

Course, it'll have spoilers about pretty much everything, though, so I can't recommend going out to look for it to look through it yourself if you intend on reading the VNs spoiler-free.

030.jpg

Edited by tBanzai

In regard to the second question - "what is a Bolo?" - one of a long series of autonomous tanks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolo_(tank) - pretty good books.

Or, more recently, military slang for someone who is a "screw-up."

Edited by rlranft