THN

Victory Belles: Bringing Shipgirls to the West since 1939

13 posts in this topic

NEWSREEL 1: All stretch goals funded! You can still pledge via PayPal.

NEWSREEL: 2: Official Victory Belles community forum created.

Dear TSF Pilots,

As you may know, Victory Belles' KickStarter ends in 39 hours (Sat May 21, 5:00 CEST)

It's a WWII Strategy/Dating Sim game.

With more than 120 waifus.

And it's already funded (285% so far).

victory.jpg

I'm sure you've heard about Kantai, Kancolle, etc. But since they don't want to export its game to the West... Here's Victory Belles!

As you can see, the artwork is gorgeous, and the historical and technical data are very well researched.

Also, while the shipgirls are stunning, there's not so much fanservice as one would expect, and each one has a truly unique personality.

Do you want some proof? Ok, let's read this funny interview with my own Spanish shipgirl... Velasco!

47ec9426eccd87ea020368fac2a6079c_original.jpg

Can you feel her cheerful enthusiasm? Of course you can! She's my daughter!

The first stretch goal is already achieved: Construction Gals! Chibi girls that work on your R&D projects. Like Elsie, the cute brunette with the glasses. I'm so in love with her.

6caa3526aa131220c2ed3aba6bf8bede_original.jpg

The second stretch goal is closer every minute: Mascots! Boost your fleet's morale with adorable dogs and cats like Scouse here...

1e8e974639e712ab29045a0d9d356591_original.jpg

And, in case you're wondering, yes, I wrote parody songs for this game! (7 so far.) I'll make a playlist later. (Note to self: I must make The Letter playlist too! 54 songs so far...)

Remember, if you like what you see... You know what to do!

EDIT: Here's my Parody Songs' Playlist. If you like my songs, you can sing along!

1. Velasco (Montana). What better song to introduce my own shipgirl?
2. Hold that snake (Ry Cooder).
3. Love is in the air (John Paul Young).
4. BONUS TRACK: What a wonderful world (Sam Cooke). Game funded!
5. COLLECTOR'S EDITION ONLY RELEASE: Carrie (Europe). I wrote 3 Europe songs on the same day: one for VB, one for Quantum Suicide and one for The Letter. (And The Letter one was a SoulSet crossover, too!)
6. BONUS TRACK: That girl (Christopher Cross). Construction gals stretch goal funded! And Elsie character song. This is canon.
7. No retreat, no surrender (Paul Gilreath). The unavoidable training montage from the 80s. And Velasco character song!
8. BONUS TRACK: I got my mind set on you (George Harrison). Mascots stretch goal funded!
9. Not ready to make nice (Dixie Chicks).

10. Sweetest Victory (Touch). Campaign ends, all stretch goals funded in the last minute!

11. Best of the Best (Stubblefield & Hall). Admiral Graf Spee character song!

Edited by THN
Updated Playlist

2 people like this

Kancolle clone or not, what is undeniable is that the team has put a lot of effort on both technical and historical aspects(at least on the Kickstarter) and that if half of what they promise about the gameplay ends being true, then it will be a decent game too (unlike Kancolle RNG fest).

So, I think it's worth it to at least keep an eye on it.

1 person likes this

I completely forgot about this KS project. What put me off Kancolle was how much RNG ruled the game, but donated! :P

1 person likes this

@Marx-93

Yeah, judging by the activity on the KS page, this is nothing short of impressive :)

1 person likes this

but... I'm supposed to be saving money... but... the artbook... :/

2 people like this

Yeah, I'm pretty interested in the art as well actually. From drawing to coloring and shading, this is looking neat :)

1 person likes this

On 19/5/2016 at 7:00 PM, Marx-93 said:

Kancolle clone or not, what is undeniable is that the team has put a lot of effort on both technical and historical aspects

Yes, they did. For those who won't pledge for the game, I recommend reading the KS page anyway, especially the various updates. They explain a lot about their historical research. Very well done.

On 19/5/2016 at 7:03 PM, kingrisen said:

What put me off Kancolle was how much RNG ruled the game

There will be some random element (luck is a very real factor in real life battles), but, for the most part, they tried to stick to combat capabilities of each ship, among other things (weather and such).

23 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

Yeah, judging by the activity on the KS page, this is nothing short of impressive :)

It is, @Klashvorn, it is!

23 hours ago, Reizei said:

but... I'm supposed to be saving money... but... the artbook... :/

I still remember when I didn't know what KickStarter was. My wallet would remember, too, but it died. So long ago.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, THN said:

I still remember when I didn't know what KickStarter was. My wallet would remember, too, but it died. So long ago.

That's not how you should treat your wallet all the time ! Poor wallet… :P

2 people like this

Hi, guys! As you can see, I updated my first post to include my playlist (9 songs so far).

The second stretch goal (Mascots) was reached a few hours ago, and now we're fighting for the last battle: MEDALS!

468acd71e98536338603e0c4668aede5_original.jpg

46 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

That's not how you should treat your wallet all the time ! Poor wallet… :P

Yes, but... How could I resist? The waifus are so cute (especially Velasco...)

This money is supposed to be for AX, but I just couldn't resist getting the art book and besides the art, what really sold me is the national voices. AX is just around the corner, no more cool things okay? My wallet will be erased from existence.

Hi, guys! Sorry for the radio silence, it's been a busy week!

As you probably know, the last stretch game was funded in the last minute... A thrilling KickStarter till the end!

If you missed the campaign, you can still pledge via PayPal.

Alas, most KS rewards are gone... But according to the last update, they're considering making more Belles plushies via the PayPal store. Stay tuned!

Black Chicken Studios also opened a Victory Belles community forum, so if you like the game, you should check it out!

1 person likes this

I haven't taken a closer look since last time actually, haha.

In fact, I haven't even checked to see if they shared French Navy representatives to be honest sooo.. yeah ^^'''

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Klashvorn said:

I haven't taken a closer look since last time actually, haha.

In fact, I haven't even checked to see if they shared French Navy representatives to be honest sooo.. yeah ^^'''

Hi, @Klashvorn! So far, there are four Belles from the Marine Nationale: Béarn, Algérie, Maillé Brézé and La Motte-Picquet (my favourite).

Plus Elsie, the cutest Construction Gal with the glasses (see her picture on the first post). Velasco is learning French just to talk to her.

1 person likes this