Aetherdeus

Anime Expo 2016

81 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, HYuy said:

"We can be like brothers and spend all our money in the same places!"

Degica booth was my first stop even with my premiere fan hour early access. When I found out their credit card machine was down and it was cash only, I started to worry because I only had $400 in cash on me...
...but then I think it was worth it to see the cashier's reactions when after I stopped by the ATM they said "You're back for MORE!?".

Most of the autograph lines were utterly insane with people sleeping out in the lines the night before... I'm impressed you managed to get so many.

I only had $200 cash on me and didn't know it was cash only until i got to the booth, but thank god there were atms in the area. 

Yeah people already started lining up the day before at like 10-11pm. I wasn't that crazy so i went around 2-3am everyday haha.

1 hour ago, Hirei said:

Once I realised I'd be in charge of Degica booth at AX, I gave up all attempts to get signatures :(

Wanted Junichi and Anzai D:

Idk about Anzai but Junichi was really popular. I think his and Naoshi were the 1st autograph tickets to run out every time.

Yea, the longest I ever stayed out for an autograph was back in AX 2007 with the whole Harui-hi Debacle. I think I was out at 0200-0300 waiting for an autograph that would occur around 1000. So around that time, my friends and I were like 15-20 in line. Before the session, we were like 70 back. Oh yea we were pissed. Also in the end, the Harui-hi crew did not even do autographs and the staff were handing out signed posters. And I was the last one to be cut off. If there was ever a time I wanted to start a riot, it was that time. 

It got better when they started the autograph ticket system. But then they put it in the dealers room and began issuing at first opening which gave exhibitors and premier the first crack. Even then it was a mess with everyone running for it. Also there were no ticket limits at the time. So I think there were like 2 years were I all did was spend time moving from one autograph line to the next through out the day. 

The current autograph policy is more or less an evolution of that entire mess over the years. Although your chances are still dictated by how early one wants to be in line, I think it is more fair because it gives a shot at one guest per line up, which spreads the chances and the autograph load among the attendees. At this point, I prioritize guests, then have backups if they run out. This year it was the music guests because they were pretty well only doing one session. Everyone else was gravy. 

Edited by OddballYukari

Finally, I am able to upload and showcase this. A little late, but better than never. Hope you guys enjoy

Picture (Best angle I could get. Kinda hard trying to get so much in the shot)

40lir55.jpg

4 people like this

Recorded last weeks Akibacode900 talk show with Yoshimune-San and Rienee recapping their AX experience. There's several slides of the cosplay gathering and the large community shot we took. :D

Edited by Discalibur

6 people like this

Nice job Disc! I originally got a NicoNico premium account to watch the time delayed version... NicoNico loads hella slow compared to youtube even on premium.

Anyways, here's some of my AX picture albums for anyone that might be interested. They were all taken by a friend that was with me who had a far better camera rig than myself, I just did the half-assed batch editing and uploading afterwards.

Regular totally-safe-for-work Album: http://imgur.com/a/o6DW6

The less-than-safe-for-work pics: http://imgur.com/a/9OAHH

6 people like this

5 hours ago, HYuy said:

Nice job Disc! I originally got a NicoNico premium account to watch the time delayed version... NicoNico loads hella slow compared to youtube even on premium.

Anyways, here's some of my AX picture albums for anyone that might be interested. They were all taken by a friend that was with me who had a far better camera rig than myself, I just did the half-assed batch editing and uploading afterwards.

Regular totally-safe-for-work Album: http://imgur.com/a/o6DW6

The less-than-safe-for-work pics: http://imgur.com/a/9OAHH

That picture of the Anime Bazaar banner with the shark killed me lol and I aspire to be like that Maki guy, but with Kurumi instead. This also reminded me that I didn't leave myself enough money to buy any Monster Musume stuff which I regret. Also didn't have much time to just walk around and check things out since I was lost half the time trying to figure where I'm trying to go or standing in a line. Also, those Fate/Kaleid figures yo.