Aetherdeus

Anime Expo 2016

81 posts in this topic

Sometimes GSC and Aniplex will bring con specific merchandise. But of course its all taste depended. I saw what GSC was bringing as AX exclusives, and did not interest me too much. Artist alley does have some good stuff. Plenty of talented artists about. Picked up a few pieces from them over the years. 

@TYPEMOONWe probably won't be selling any bag items seperately as it would seem a bit iffy considering a majority of backers haven't received theirs and we might need the extras we have as replacements . We might give away a few giftbags though as part of a promotional event. TBD of course. Sorry to hear you didn't want some of the items. I tried my best in designing and manufacturing items that most fans would like.

Destroyer-kun prototype will be at AX, I have been bringing him with me to most of all my Degica business trips to take photos with.

On 6/8/2016 at 11:06 PM, OddballYukari said:

Sweet although not MuvLuv related, it is mecha related. Shoji Kawamori is coming. I think it has been over a decade since I met him at  AX. I got to finagle a YF-19 Sketch from the man! 

I know its getting late, but any word on any MuvLuv creators or artists? Those are who I really want to see! 

Please wait for further information to see what our plans are for Anime Expo!

4 people like this

Oh my dear sweet tender goddess, that new muv-luv update got me really hyped for AX.

Memorial artbook, check!

Monkey Chop artbook, check!

Cookie coming back, check!

Seems like I'll be making a pilgrimage to the Degica booth everyday. Now all i need to do is to figure out what muv luv merch do i want signed......

4 people like this

I am finding myself having to bring a lot of signed merchandise back to AX because I have to add their signatures to merchandise signed by prior artists, VA's, directors etc. 

My Fate/Stay Night box is signed by most of the Fate cast, including Ayako Kawasumi. Now I have to add Archer's VA to that list. My SAO box (which has Reki and Lisa's signature) to get to Sphere to add Asuna's VA etc. 

I will having to bring back some of my MuvLuv merchandise, because I did not get a chance to get Yoshimune-san to sign some stuff. Well anything to add to Degica and their ability to bring games westward, my wallet is open! 

Edited by OddballYukari

They picked the one day out of the four that the con is going on that I totally was not planning on cosplaying to have the cosplay meetup...
Saturday is when all three of the big ticket events I was planning on going to are going on: Love Live, One Punch Man, and the Japan Super Live - and they're all more or less back to back with only about two hours between each...

And there's no way I'm getting into those events while wearing all of this:

i5SJlqv.jpg

I'll still be cosplaying at least one or two of the other days, but I guess I'll have to either sit out on that or something...

10 people like this

F-14! Seriously, how in the world are you guys packing those up for the trip? No, really, I need notes, I can hardly manage to mail half that much armor 0.o
Man, the AX announcements have rolled over from 'amazing' to 'absurd' - you guys had better have enough fun for me too! ;(
..would somebody at least be so kind as to get one of Natsuki's (@krotonut) cosplay cards for me? orz

5 hours ago, Aetherdeus said:

F-14! Seriously, how in the world are you guys packing those up for the trip? No, really, I need notes, I can hardly manage to mail half that much armor 0.o
Man, the AX announcements have rolled over from 'amazing' to 'absurd' - you guys had better have enough fun for me too! ;(
..would somebody at least be so kind as to get one of Natsuki's (@krotonut) cosplay cards for me? orz

No way in heck am I bringing all that in a checked bag on a plane, I'm FedEx'ing it to a friend that lives in the bay area that said he'd drive it all down with him when he leaves for the con. Otherwise I'd probably ship it to my hotel perhaps? I feel safer sending it to a friend in the area though.

2 people like this

Yeah, FedEx is rough but cheaper than the airline prices! I'm insisting on building the jump units on my TSF, so I'm psyching myself up to have to drive next year... >_<

On 6/17/2016 at 0:58 AM, HYuy said:

They picked the one day out of the four that the con is going on that I totally was not planning on cosplaying to have the cosplay meetup...
Saturday is when all three of the big ticket events I was planning on going to are going on: Love Live, One Punch Man, and the Japan Super Live - and they're all more or less back to back with only about two hours between each...

And there's no way I'm getting into those events while wearing all of this:

i5SJlqv.jpg

I'll still be cosplaying at least one or two of the other days, but I guess I'll have to either sit out on that or something...

Please come by the booth sometime and I'll take pics for the social media. So sorry :( 

We will look into maybe moving it to Sunday? Any thoughts on this?

On 6/17/2016 at 5:14 PM, Aetherdeus said:

Yeah, FedEx is rough but cheaper than the airline prices! I'm insisting on building the jump units on my TSF, so I'm psyching myself up to have to drive next year... >_<

I decided not to do jump units, not just because of build time and being rushed as is, but just general convention etiquette made me think those big things would be a giant pain to walk around in and get in others' way... not to mention trying to engineer the unrealistically small connection point onto the torso so that it could support the weight and not just sag to the floor.

(EDIT: Just shipped it out today... even well packed it still took two large boxes and since I'm shipping from the east coast, the price is revealing to me why people don't normally do large costumes when they're coming from far away.)

5 hours ago, Hirei said:

Please come by the booth sometime and I'll take pics for the social media. So sorry :( 

We will look into maybe moving it to Sunday? Any thoughts on this?

Definitely planning on swinging by the booth with it. As for Sunday, that'd be perfect for me but I don't expect a scheduling change just for my sake, I was just griping unprofessionally there... If it does stay on Saturday, depending on when in the day it is I might still make it without having to miss any of the concert/events I bought tickets for, but it'd have to be within a really small window between events. In addition, I know some of the other people in this thread were talking about attending some of those events specifically, so I wanted to bring attention to that aspect.

According to the event ticket site, Love Live is from 11am to 1pm, One Punch Matsuri starts at 3:30pm and goes till an unknown time, and then the Japan Super Live is 7pm to 11pm, so the ideal time for Saturday would probably be in the morning, though idk how realistic that'd be. Tis the curse of being a big fan of multiple series I suppose... Worst case scenario, I miiiight be convinced by my friends and/or depending on other scheduling factors to skip either the One Punch Matsuri or the Love Live event (giving my ticket to someone else in my group), but I'm definitely not gonna want to miss both.

One way or another I'm sure I'll run into other ML cosplayers randomly around the convention if not at the gathering. I'm sure they'll hear my theme playing before they see me anyways...

Edited by HYuy
Didn't realize the forum would automerge posts

4 people like this

@HYuy You might be happy to know that we will be moving the meetup to Sunday ;p 11AM-12 PM at this point.

1 person likes this

Ok, well looking at the AX guest list, its going to be crazy. I got a ton of people to try to get sigs from and only 3 days to do it in. Digging through my old merch, I found what I want Shoji Kawamori to sign. The question is... which side?

20160627_172752_zps4ysuswzo.jpg

or

20160627_173632_zpsdzalubuj.jpg

Edited by OddballYukari

3 people like this

Schedule is up and there is a panel with Sekai Project day 3, the panel starts right after the 8:00pm industry panel, so it would be a good idea to line up early for that one.

IMG_20160628_102100.jpg

IMG_20160628_102133.jpg

IMG_20160628_102118.jpg

Edited by Discalibur

1 person likes this

@OddballYukari That is a GORGEOUS Valkyrie poster! Both sides are great, but I'd probably go with the side that doesn't have the gameplay screenshots if you intend to frame it and hang it up (which I would totally recommend).

@Discalibur Tooootally gonna walk up to the booth and order one of everything. "What do you mean one of everything?" "EEEEEEEEEEEEVVVRRRYYYYYYTHHIIIIIINNNGGG!!!"

3 people like this

Well HYuy, here is to you trying to get as many Shikis as you can this year! There are also plenty of side guests doing commissions. I am going to try to get in on those. 

IMAG2426.jpg

all prepped and ready to roll. Hope to see you all there.

On 7/1/2016 at 8:34 PM, Jawer said:

IMAG2426.jpg

all prepped and ready to roll. Hope to see you all there.

9 hours ago, OddballYukari said:

20160701_134347_zps2dlnlslg.jpg

Who were you guys? I met HYuy, Hirei, and saw Discalibur, but no one else. I was the dude in the Schwarzesmarken outfit. Pic for reference(with Koki-Sensei!).

y7S1u35.jpg

Also, got my own autograph as well.

5n4SrKo.jpg

Edited by Ikaruga

2 people like this

@Ikaruga

I was 3rd in line for the autograph session, right behind @Dexomega. I believe I met @HYuy in the okayado autograph session (I was the guy who bought the other big autograph board).

I got these signed

1467443959532.jpg

3 people like this

Epic first day and meeting Koki was awesome. I'm the dude with the tan Kurumi backpack with a bunch of buttons and stuff all over and hanging off it if you see me walking around. Usually walking around with Ikaruga who also got some funny footage of Koki when he was getting his autograph. 

20160701_230643.jpg

20160701_231026.jpg

20160701_230344.jpg

20160701_225651.jpg

3 people like this

Muv Luv gathering will be today at 11am at the booth. Hopefully we have enough space since Hyuy will also be bringing his TSF. It'd be nice if we could get a community shot of everyone from the forums.

3 people like this