Aetherdeus

Anime Expo 2016

81 posts in this topic

Ok, I still don't expect to make it this year but I figured all of you who are going could use a space to organize. Plus, for anyone who missed it, AX just announced this!

http://www.anime-expo.org/anisong-world-matsuri-makes-american-debut-anime-expo-2016/

JAM Project & Minami Kuribayashi! (and some others, I guess) Tickets are supposed to go up in 2 weeks or so, and there do appear to be some hotel rooms left, as well.

I doubt they are going to do any muv luv song.

It's at least a given that they'll do "The Hero!!", almost certainly Gong & Rescue Fire too. At least Age has a presence at AX, so hopefully they'll both throw one in for the fans, though I'd just be happy to see them regardless.

I believe it's Minami Hinase and not Kuribayashi, maybe we'll get an Asu e no Houkou performance if we're lucky.

Well this will be our very own mini Animelo. Looking forward to it for sure. Also looking forward to the return of the MuvLuv crew. Need another character drawing to add to the collection! 

10 hours ago, Movr said:

I doubt they are going to do any muv luv song.

I don't know… her entry for Anison Dream Stage 2016 lists "Signs" and "Doubt the World" from Total Eclipse (as well as "Precious Memories" and "Next Season" from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien / Rumbling Hearts) so she might have some Luv for everyone at AX.

It's just around the corner. I can hardly contain my excitement at this point. The anisong announcement got me even more pumped up. Besides Muv Luv, the Frontwing booth is very high on my priority list.

Just to note we haven't confirmed the presence of any Muv-Luv creators or artists. :) 

Main reason being SPJA's Youth Policy Program would've required us to do bg checks and jump through all sorts of hoops. But seeing as the SPJA has updated said program we are looking into arranging things. It's sadly rather short notice.

Just hope for the best!

Are you guys taking any volunteers for the event? Not sure what you would need help with, but I'd be interested in helping out. (Or if you want a TSF booth babe XD)

2 people like this

Btw if you guys could possibly like ...post here when tickets are up for the Anisong event I'd luv you all so much.

...Cause I'm a big nerd/anime fan too.

23 hours ago, Hirei said:

Btw if you guys could possibly like ...post here when tickets are up for the Anisong event I'd luv you all so much.

Well, with Minami and JAM Project coming, people here would naturally be interested in that event.

On May 24, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Hirei said:

Looks like pre-sale for most of the events is open now, general sales Saturday at 6PM. For Super Live, it's next Monday and Wednesday respectively. http://www.anime-expo.org/anisong-world-matsuri-ticket-details/

1 person likes this

Oh yea, going to Love Live and the Japan Super Live! 

Oh and if the MuvLuv crew has any new localization announcements, kickstarters etc, to present to us this year, my wallet is ready! 

Edited by OddballYukari

Shooting for those Japan Super Live tickets ;A; 

Still in the middle of planning for the booth. Do you all have any merch you'd like for us to bring over  or make available?

1 person likes this

I'll be there, either loitering around or helping out at a friends TCG booth.  

1 hour ago, Hirei said:

Still in the middle of planning for the booth. Do you all have any merch you'd like for us to bring over  or make available?

I would pay good money for some decent size (B1 or B2) poster and that monkey chop background artbook.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Hirei said:

Any left over C89 merchandise?  Looked all over Nakano Broadway and Akihabara's used shops last month and found nothing.

On 5/29/2016 at 9:56 PM, Hirei said:

1) I'm only going with one friend to the Japan Super Live and as a Premium Pass holder I can buy up to four. If you want I can snag you a ticket (though we're only planning on getting the $65 seating, not the crazy VIP mosh pit).

2) Volks A3 kits (I only have a few American TSF ones atm), volumes of TSF Cross Operations artbooks, any of the Memorial artbooks, and maybe some cool older merch if you've got it by any chance? I'm not big on Schwarzesmarken stuff personally, but I'm sure there are some people that would like that too.

1 person likes this

Some apparel would be cool, the TSF hoodies look awesome.

@HYuy If you can pick me up a ticket that'd be sweet if you are picking up extras.

Going to the Live now ;D

Keep those suggestions coming. Currently we will also be offering code cards from other games we publish, some awesome exclusive SHMUP shirts and a few prints here and there. B1/B2 size we'll have to see....bit expensive to produce.

AniTAY will be all over Anime Expo as well.

1 person likes this

@Hirei  A small selection of those Kotobukiya plastic model kits would be nice, like a few takemi, cheburashka, and raptor. Maybe you can stash away a Thunderbolt and surprise us with it on the last day.  

1 person likes this

Sweet although not MuvLuv related, it is mecha related. Shoji Kawamori is coming. I think it has been over a decade since I met him at  AX. I got to finagle a YF-19 Sketch from the man! 

I know its getting late, but any word on any MuvLuv creators or artists? Those are who I really want to see! 

On 5/29/2016 at 6:56 PM, Hirei said:

I would like you guys to brings the items you had in Yuuko's Gift bag. Some of the things I wanted and some of the things I didnt thats why i didnt buy one for the kickstarter. It would be cool if I could buy the items individually. Also, it would be cool to see the prototypes of the game itself and BETA plushie.

It's worth an ask but anyone trying to get their hands on an exclusive item at AX? For example, anything at the Good Smile booth or someone from artist alley.