theglob

Muv Luv Fans discord channel

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I registered here to tell every Muv Luv fan that we created a Muv Luv related discord called Muv Luv Fans as a place where fans of Muv Luv and the related Age titles can chat with each other and discuss.

As it is a fan channel its not official, and thus not directly related to age.

http://discord.gg/0wXwnqY9lQcO0u0E

I hope it is ok to post this here if not please feel free to move it or if it violates the rules even delete it.

We are currently counting 30 people and growing slow but steadily. I hope I can welcome you all into our chat.

Edited by theglob

2 people like this

I actually made one some time ago as well haha.

It's not exclusive to Muv-Luv but there are dedicated Muv-Luv channels.

I'm leaving this here in case you're interested :)

On 5/14/2016 at 2:32 PM, theglob said:

Hello everyone, I registered here to tell every Muv Luv fan that we created a Muv Luv related discord called Muv Luv Fans as a place where fans of Muv Luv and the related Age titles can chat with each other and discuss.

As it is a fan channel its not official, and thus not directly related to age.

https://discord.gg/0wXwnqY9lQeO8q6d

I hope it is ok to post this here if not please feel free to move it or if it violates the rules even delete it.

We are currently counting 30 people and growing slow but steadily. I hope I can welcome you all into our chat.

It's unavailable. Try making an infinite time invitation

Nah sorry that wass my own fault, I accidently deleted it when I cleaned up the tons of invites that where still looming around. I edit my OP and posted it there as well. A working unlimited link: http://discord.gg/0wXwnqY9lQcO0u0E

Hope to see you there :)

In case you want to join the Muv-Luv Fans Discord, here are a few things to take note of.

As we wish to limit accidental spoilers, roles and channels have been setup but this only works if everyone is on the same page. Generally speaking, these roles grant you access to more channels which fit certain types of discussions, such as #extra for anything related to Muv-Luv Extra. Spoilers would typically be typed in their respective channels and not elsewhere. As a result, we ask everyone to be mindful of others when typing. When in doubt, choose the channel which seems most appropriate and if not applicable, meaning no channel fits or you don't have access (you should ask yourself if you've got the right role in this case), either phrase yourself in a vague enough way so there's no possibility of spoiler or just don't say anything. Better safe than sorry ! This is also a way to keep things organized, so think of channels as threads/topics.

Here's a summary of relevant roles :

• Cadet - For those currently reading/planning to soon read Muv-Luv
  • Recruit - For those who have completed (or want to see spoilers for) Extra and Unlimited but not Alternative
  • Eishi - For those who have completed (or want to see spoilers for) Extra, Unlimited and Alternative
  • Valkyrie Member - For those who have completed (or want to see spoilers for) All Muv-Luv related content, including other VNs and shows
  • Spoiler Reader - Allows access to the message history of #vn_spoilers and #general_spoilers. Be warned: These channels can have spoilers for anything at any time

Roles are granted by a Storm Vanguard (admin) or a Rear Guard (mod) so tell us when you've made your choice. This isn't mandatory but you'll only have access to public channels if you're not assigned one, and you'll most likely miss out on some stuff as well, which is a bit of a shame, especially if you're more than familiar with the series.

In regards to general rules, there aren't strict guidelines but we wish to keep the Discord a friendly and accommodating place for everyone so we just ask that you behave. Should any issues arise, feel free to discuss them with us in private.

Edited by Klashvorn

So, have to ask - did you mean "discourse" - as in "discussion?"  Or "discord" as in "strife" or "argument?"

Discord as in https://discordapp.com/, which was probably meant as argument when the developers were thinking for a name since this is originally aimed as a gaming community chat/voice tool. Maybe.

1 person likes this

Maybe they meant "Discord" in a gangster type of way. "This cord" -> "Dis cord". A cord can connect things and even people if you use it correctly.

12 hours ago, Nvvo said:

A cord can connect things and even people if you use it correctly.

And a cord is long thin flexible STRING, the greatest thing ever to grace the universe.

Bumping this to update you guys on a few changes and additions.

- I don't remember ever writing this down but the Storm Vanguard members are administrators and the Rear Guard are moderators.

- The Recruit role has been discarded and as a result, the Eishi role has changed a bit. Current members have been upgraded from the former Eishi role to Valkyrie member. As a Valkyrie, we encourage you to mute channels you want to avoid because of potential spoilers. Here's a summary, just to be clear on this :

• Cadet - For those currently reading/planning to soon read Muv-Luv
  • Eishi - For those who have completed (or want to see spoilers for) Extra and Unlimited but not Alternative
  • Valkyrie Member - For those who have completed the main trilogy, allows access to all the channels we have, including other âge VNs and shows

- A #guidelines channel has been added as a reminder for what to be mindful of if you intend on interacting with others, the usual stuff which makes sense really.

- Suggestions about the Discord itself can be discussed about in the #suggestions channel.

- Images (outside of spoilerish ones) have a dedicated place to go to in the #pics_and_stuff channel. Video links are fine too.

- #vn_news, like the name suggests, is used for sharing information about other visual novels : releases, crowfunding projects, etc…

- #voice_chat is useful for those of you who speak in the voice channel but need to share stuff like images or links while having a conversation. People who just listen in can also type there to interact, this makes things less confusing.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to stress out a fact. If you join, say hi at the very least even if you intend on lurking, you won't see a bunch of things without a role and that probably defeats the purpose of joining for most people.

Seems like a waste to join the server only to leave just after a few minutes without saying anything, that doesn't help us knowing whether something was wrong or you were expecting something else either. Don't be a stranger, nobody's going to bite :)

1 person likes this

A quick update to share recent changes on the server :

- Aiming for less clutter in the number of channels available, we've grouped a few ones together some time ago, mainly anything that could be bundled into a single side material channel (you'll still need the appropriate rank to see it)

- #guidelines has been relabeled as #rules and its contents have been rewritten for more clarity as well

All in all, just minor things.

Once again, feel free to join if you have an interest in chatting about Muv-Luv, visual novels in general and other related topics !