TSFPrometheus

I made a Tabletop Game, Anyone Want to Play?

8 posts in this topic

So I was inspired by Total Eclipse to make a tabletop game for the muv-luv series. I tried to stay pretty true to the source material but I did expand on some things and added some here or took away some there. I am really interested in getting as many players as possible to try out the game and give me a feel on how they think it plays. If you are interested please let me know! I will include a link to the website I use to host the rule set and what not.  In the "Where to Play" page is a link to the host website and that is where we play. Time is very flexible currently so getting people together to make some play sessions should not be difficult whatsoever.

Link to site

3 people like this

I'll be taking a look at some point, sounds intriguing ! In the meantime, I'll share this around for a bit more exposure hopefully :)

Wooohooo, good job here mate.

At one point I was working on one (though it progressively shifted to a non ML-related, more generic mecha roleplay) before stopping for various reasons (one being extremely lazy and having to do a motivation check for anything), so glad to see someone is actually motivated enough to work on a playable version.

I'll try to gather people and play a few sessions on roll20, and will give you some feedback whenever possible.

Edited by Dahelziel

1 person likes this

Looks nice. Almost too un-complex for my taste, but still a great job.

It is very simple, more so because it just started. I have played a few sessions. One based off Total Eclipse with a mixed test flight and a US Carrier Flight during the Japanese Invasion.

It used to be quite more complex if you look back at earlier editions but it slowed play and people didn't quite get it. Whether that was my writing or them not understanding. I couldn't say.

Not sure if you can even get it anymore, but R. Talsorian Games (Cyberpunk 2020) made a game called "Mekton" (and Mekton II - really should have just been 2nd Edition) meant to be a RPG adaptable to just about any mecha-based setting you might like.  For Muv Luv it's kind of overkill because it includes rules for transformable mechs, "powered-armor mech" hybrids and transforming automobile mechs (in Roadstriker), combining mechs, starships (in Mekton Empire), and a ton of other stuff.  The base rules would be more than sufficient to reproduce the standard TSFs.

Of course, the MechWarrior rules and its RPG supplement are yet another option.

Seems like Prometheus has a clean system, too - so there are at least three good options to choose from based on the detail and complexity you're looking for.

Come to think of it, d20 Future has mecha rules, too.  Lots of good options out there - it all comes down to the game master and players.

Huh. Might have to Give it a look. I too am creating my own. With 7 F-15E Eagles coming in next month, buying some 12 mm wargaming scale miniatures, 1/144 scale helicopters, tanks and artillery and creating cards for events such as "off map artillery" support, return of destroyed machines as reinfircements, supply and such as well as no one truly playing the BETA. Theyl class and numbers arrive via the 2 to 4 cards that are drawn at each turn and a six sides die or multiple saying how many arrive.

Yeah, seemingly complicated but easy once it is written. The first game may be in December and with that a blog will be started and a link given.