Allen750

[Old] Muv-Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

678 posts in this topic

On 25/9/2016 at 10:46 PM, haloff1 said:

Ah I'm so jealous! You got Yui!! The card I want the most! Because I'm jealous, I'm not going to translate anything else anymore...

Just kidding. For the prologue you can find a brief summary in this thread p2. For the rest, I'm planning to do it next Saturday.

Your only other source of G-crystals would be to log everyday and to raise affection of N rarity characters to level 500%. I recommend making a team full of N cards and to raise their affection to the max. This is the only stable source of crystals after the quests are done. I think you can get about 14 G-crystals per week like this. Yes this is very little so you should use your crystals very very carefully. I think the most efficient way is to keep them for event.

Well actually, the best source of income is the developers doing maintenances to fix their bugs and giving crystals to compensate. But unfortunately the game will quickly become less and less buggy...

Okay bruh, this is because i can't read much japanese there lol, so i can't read what's on their missions to get the crystals.

And i think N characters are pretty useless crap, now i can use it for better use.

you got my thanks Captain (y)

I present to you: an idiot who had no idea that the gold building generated gold continuously and was lamenting that he had no gold with which to level units whilst sitting on a maxed building.

Don't forget to harvest your gold!

OK Fam, here's the thing, this just happened to me

first pic, i was just maximize the N characters, and trying to maximize Leon's HN, cost 1400 and i should be got around 1000 gold after that

but then, that thing...... look at that gold amount

and actually my stamina is 6, and it looks like that, not even restarting, and i can't use it for missions

i thought the gold was just for a moment, tried to spend it, cant..... wtf

2nd pic

i did a simple mission after thinking that i have enough stamina, the lowest quest

got gold? well, you can see there....

3rd pic

Taking gold from building, i supposed to get 600 gold

but well, you can see

4th pic

taking gold from building again after a moment, 57 gold.....

5th pic

after restarting the game, hoping it'll be OK

well, you can see

anyone........

Screenshot_2016-09-27-11-28-33-083.jpeg

Screenshot_2016-09-27-11-43-24-306.jpeg

Screenshot_2016-09-27-11-43-56-648.jpeg

Screenshot_2016-09-27-11-47-43-318.jpeg

Screenshot_2016-09-27-11-49-06-140.jpeg

Update

okay, this is annoying

still related to the problem, i just did normal gacha and sold all stuffs that i dont need, i got 6000 gold

and then i restart the game to check the bug

and my gold is gone.....

i'm not even owing anything

Screenshot_2016-09-27-12-44-56-076.jpeg

Screenshot_2016-09-27-12-46-54-615.jpeg

It's the first time I see this bug. I'm reading the Japanese MLSF community and I have never seen anyone talking about this bug. Weird.

About the event, a new event mission was added yesterday. The probability to get Minori is quite high in this mission! I got 3 minori by doing it 13 times or so. Only my friend had a pink fubuki. I recommend farming it before the event ends Friday.

I haven't had a bug with my gold, but I've had that happen to my stamina several times. It'll go up to huge numbers and sometimes fixes itself after a few restarts. Both look like typical database errors to me, but you might be the first unlucky one to see that version :(

On 9/27/2016 at 6:38 PM, KJO said:

Can someone elaborate. How to upgrade one character's skill. (Which I've probably done it a few times during the bug but I just want to be sure now) I understand the idea of getting the character of choice then using another character with the same skill to do it. But I see like 2 options to do that e.g. Having duplicates of a card to increase the hearts/level cap by 5 or getting extra cards to level the character up. (Also does it have to be character or TSF?)

Skills are definitely on the character, not TSF. You need to use the one that levels up the character (2nd tab from left), not the one that increases the cap.

To get back to the stamps, the bottom right on the pink sheet definitely unlocks when you've claimed every other stamp on both sheets. 

New event mission seems like it has decent drop rate, 4/9 Minori so far. I'd recommend farming it if you can. Lot of (human) tanks spawn after the second boss though, so something to watch out for. 

Another random piece of advice: lasers show up on the minimap as triangles pointing in the direction they are facing, so use that to watch out for any off-screen beams of death. 

13 hours ago, haloff1 said:

It's the first time I see this bug. I'm reading the Japanese MLSF community and I have never seen anyone talking about this bug. Weird.

About the event, a new event mission was added yesterday. The probability to get Minori is quite high in this mission! I got 3 minori by doing it 13 times or so. Only my friend had a pink fubuki. I recommend farming it before the event ends Friday.

So it seems this is the first one
it's still like that until now

when i take the gold from the factory, the number turns 0, and then i got maybe 2000gold, i spent it to upgrade soemthing

restarted it

and i ended up with more minus, like before 0 is -12.000, it turns -14.000 wtf

i informed the official twitter about this bugs,but they haven't give any response so far

and now i'm stuck in working hard to repay my "debt"

me sad.....

For instance I'll do something like that (Which god forbid I did not, not until I max her out) , but I still won't get that lottery quest done.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 10.57.43 PM.png

Edited by KJO

On 2016/9/29 at 7:58 AM, KJO said:

For instance I'll do something like that (Which god forbid I did not, not until I max her out) , but I still won't get that lottery quest done.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong. To upgrade the skill of a character, you need to strengthen it (second tab of the character menu) by sacrificing characters with the same kind of skill. For example the same character or any character with a yellow text written on top of it when you select the characters you want to sacrifice.  BUT sometime you need to sacrifice more than one character and sometime even then it doesn't work...So for now just upgrade the skill of a N character.

About the new event. Today the event to get Minori ends and a new event to get Meiya in swimsuit starts. The event ends next week Wednesday. There are 4 missions. The more difficult, the more likely you're going to get Meiya. To increase the probability by 50% you can get the new SR white Takemikazuchi through the event gacha lottery. I don't recommend it as usual because G-crystals are much much more well spent in refilling stamina to farm event missions. I already got 5 copies of Meiya (!!!) by getting one thanks to a gift and 4 by playing the hardest mission about 20 times. You can see it's not that difficult to get her. Just prepare about 25 crystals and play 3 hours and you should be good.

HOWEVER I warn you that the last mission is extremely difficult. All of the enemies are power types so you need S types. Additionally there is a heavy laser that will most likely one-shot your ally at the beginning. Then the boss is extremely powerful. I had the SSR Meiya level 75 and the SSR Speed Purple Takemikazuchi level 70 with level 80 SR Minori as a back-up to heal, and even then, sometime I couldn't beat the boss because it two-shooted me too fast. You can see the team I used bellow. Note that I used one HN CP and two (actually 3) N characters just to farm G-crystals while farming Meiya.

Actually about farming N characters, if you have more than 62 total stamina, by farming the mission 1-2 with a team full of N characters, after about 60 sorties, you should have spent about 4 crystals and gotten 5 crystals. So you can actually directly farm G-cyrstals if you have a lot of time. You will also get a LOT of gacha points like this (12000, enough to get 60 characters and a small chance to get a SR character) I will post more details later.

Oh yeah, the SR Swimsuit Meiya is one of the best cards. Even better than some SSR. Her skill is wide of area of attack like Marimo but with even higher damage. Her skill is actually as powerful as the skill of SSR characters. I really recommend trying to get her.

MeyaSwimTeam.png

G-Crystal, Gacha Point, Silver Battle Log farming method:

According to one Japanese community site (http://muvsf.blog.jp/archives/6868954.html), the affection points necessary to raise affection from 0% to 500% is :

4300 (500 + 500 + 600 + 1000 + 1700) for N rarity cards.

If your rank is above 40, you should have 65 max stamina.

If you play mission 1-2, you should get about 100 affection points and you should have spent 5 stamina.

To raise affection from 0% to 500%, you should clear this mission 43 times. The stamina consumption is thus 215 points.

If your max stamina is superior to 65, by spending 4 crystals, you can play without pause and clear the mission 52 times.That would be enough to raise affection of N characters from 0% to 500%. Then if your team is made of 5 N characters and 1 HN CP character, you should receive 6 G-crystals.

Conclusion, by farming mission 1-2 with N and HN characters, you get 2 G-crystals. You will also get 6 silver battle logs (the silver CD) and 10400 gacha points, enough to get 52 characters (so a small probability to get a SR card).

The other method to get G-crystal is just daily logging and maintenance compensation.

Edited by haloff1

@haloff1 By Missions 1-2 which missions are you talking about? 1st row, 2nd row? 

Please make Muv-Luv Alternative Striker Force R from DMM Games 18 available in English! I really want to play it so bad! Pretty please?

27 minutes ago, Vhk38a said:

Please make Muv-Luv Alternative Striker Force R from DMM Games 18 available in English! I really want to play it so bad! Pretty please?

Dude just play it lol. That's what a lot of us are doing, and with the translation our good buddy haloff provides, it's playable.

Also not to be a debbie downer but an English version of the game will never happen, maybe a translation program similar to what Kancolle has (I mean even F/GO and Kancolle are incredibly popular and still haven't received news of an English release)

So I've been playing the game, and I want to ask a question. 

how do you clear the defense mission in chapter 4? I can get up to A but there are too many BETAs popping over at intervals for me to get S.

49 minutes ago, parj789 said:

how do you clear the defense mission in chapter 4? I can get up to A but there are too many BETAs popping over at intervals for me to get S.

I think all of the missions in Chapter 4 are defense missions. Can you be more specific on which one?

Speaking of missions in Chapter 4, the one with the Tanks is like impossible to clear under 40 seconds I swear.

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 12.04.02 AM.png

Edited by KJO

8 hours ago, KJO said:

@haloff1 By Missions 1-2 which missions are you talking about? 1st row, 2nd row? 

The missions (or rather quests as they are written in katakana in the game), are subdivided into groups. Each group has 5 quests. By 1-2, I mean the first group of quests from the bottom and the second mission from the bottom. It's the mission that costs 5 stamina and where you can get Ibrahim as a drop.

To make it simple you can't. I never managed to do it. Well but some people did. I think you can do it with high level machine gun TSF with AOE skill characters.

2 minutes ago, haloff1 said:

The missions (or rather quests as they are written in katakana in the game), are subdivided into groups. Each group has 5 quests. By 1-2, I mean the first group of quests from the bottom and the second mission from the bottom. It's the mission that costs 5 stamina and where you can get Ibrahim as a drop.

Gotcha. Now I'm still confused on how you would farm G-Gems (I'm assuming are the rainbow colored gems?) on those missions when you only get G-Gems by clearing the mission once and you can't get it anymore from that specific mission.

When you raise affection to the max, you get one G-crystal (for N characters), you can do it as long as you want. I will show a picture soon.

EDIT: Look at the screen

affectionex.png

If you click on the button next to the white circle 2, you will see what rewards you will get when you raise the affection of the character to 100%, 200%, 300%, 400% and 500%. For all N rarity characters, you get 1 G-crystal when you raise their affection to the maximum. To do that, you need to play the quest 1-2 about 45 times. You will consume 4 crystals to refill your stamina but at the end you will get 5-6 crystals back so you get a net gain of 1-2 .

Edited by haloff1

1 minute ago, haloff1 said:

When you raise affection to the max, you get one G-crystal (for N characters), you can do it as long as you want. I will show a picture soon.

OHHH! Now I get it! That is a great strategy!

6 minutes ago, KJO said:

OHHH! Now I get it! That is a great strategy!

Well it's the best I know of. Still it takes a looooot of time. Assuming you can clear the mission every two minutes, it will take about 2 hours to get 2 G-crystals.. Two very very boring hours. If you have too much time or if you absolutely need G-crystals to finish an event (I think there will be an event every week. The current Meiya event ends October 5, Wednesday).

16 hours ago, haloff1 said:

HOWEVER I warn you that the last mission is extremely difficult. All of the enemies are power types so you need S types. Additionally there is a heavy laser that will most likely one-shot your ally at the beginning. Then the boss is extremely powerful. I had the SSR Meiya level 75 and the SSR Speed Purple Takemikazuchi level 70 with level 80 SR Minori as a back-up to heal, and even then, sometime I couldn't beat the boss because it two-shooted me too fast. You can see the team I used bellow. Note that I used one HN CP and two (actually 3) N characters just to farm G-crystals while farming Meiya.

MeyaSwimTeam.png

The strat I use is a lot of rocket equipped units. And when their special move comes up, I use it, swap to the next one, use their special move, and repeat then by then the other ones reset. (Of course these have to be characters that can use the rocket barrage attack) 

Edited by KJO

6 minutes ago, KJO said:

The strat I use is a lot of rocket equipped units. And when their special move comes up, I use it, swap to the next one, use their special move, and repeat then by then the other ones reset. (Of course these have to be characters that can use the rocket barrage attack) 

This is the best strategy for group of enemies but can you destroy the boss with that?

4 minutes ago, haloff1 said:

This is the best strategy for group of enemies but can you destroy the boss with that?

Yes. You do a LOT of damage by doing this, and when you do the special cut-in, you also avoid getting hit. Another benefit is if the boss is surrounded by multiple enemies, your special cut-in will just reset again on the current character you're using, so basically you're just doing special cut-ins the entire duration of the battle.

Edited by KJO

1 person likes this

Ok. By the way I'm editing the wiki page explaining everything related to characters. I have already translated all possible skills. Here is the page : http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/Characters_Mechanics .

Edit: Oh man, I'm so behind my schedule. I just finished the characters mechanics page even though it should have been done last week... I should do the same for the TST, the quests, the list of items, etc...

Hey everyone, what do you want to see the most first? How to play? Tips for to farm G-crystals? How maybe translation of the story?

Edited by haloff1

1 person likes this

@haloff1 Here's a no-volume video demonstrating the strategy I use for the Meiya SR Event Mission 4 

12 hours ago, haloff1 said:

Ok. By the way I'm editing the wiki page explaining everything related to characters. I have already translated all possible skills. Here is the page : http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/Characters_Mechanics .

Edit: Oh man, I'm so behind my schedule. I just finished the characters mechanics page even though it should have been done last week... I should do the same for the TST, the quests, the list of items, etc...

Hey everyone, what do you want to see the most first? How to play? Tips for to farm G-crystals? How maybe translation of the story?

Maybe more translation of the story and in depth on how to clear the lottery missions. 

I can help you out on the Tips for farming G-Crystals and make a commentary video on a "How to" if you want.

13 minutes ago, KJO said:

@haloff1 Here's a no-volume video demonstrating the strategy I use for the Meiya SR Event Mission 4 

Maybe more translation of the story and in depth on how to clear the lottery missions. 

I can help you out on the Tips for farming G-Crystals and make a commentary video on a "How to" if you want.

Alright, the next goal is the main story. I should begin Wednesday (until then, I'm too busy). For the lottery missions, I guess you mean the golden missions on the home screen right?

Thanks for the video. Yes, I would appreciate any help! Please if you have the time, do so.

PS: You got a Silver Xp boost from a Golden Treasure Chest dropped from the boss, ahaha!

PS2: You have SSR Takamura Yui and SSR Type-00F Takemikazuchi...My jealousy is over 9000!

Edited by haloff1