Allen750

[Old] Muv-Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

678 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, threepwood007 said:

You are a god among mortals! I'm rained in in Kyoto so I figure I'll stumble around for a few hours and try not to lose anything permanently.

Just to clarify, is this the wiki you speak of? <http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/Muv-Luv_Alternative_Strike_Frontier_Wikia>

Ah I'm flattered but I don't deserve such praise! Yes this is the wiki.

At first I planned to give some information this weekend (because I'm too busy during the week) but I have got to explain the gacha event right now. Because one of the events might end for some of you tomorrow! So in this game you can get characters and TSFs by playing some kind of lottery. The characters and the TSTs are called gatcha. From the home menu, the button that leads you to the gacha page is the button at the top-right .

You should see something like the first screenshot. You can see that I wrote several white box with number inside. The number 1 is referring to the main button. If you have 5000 DMM points, that you can buy with $50 (google "how to buy dmm points"), and if you click on the button, you will get 10 rare gatchas and an exchange ticket. You can see list of what you can get with the probability by clicking on the button next to white box number 2. The exchange ticket can be used to get any gatcha from the list that you can check by clicking on the button next to the white box number 4. The white box number 3 provides explanation in Japanese. This offer, 5000 DMM points for 10 gatchas and one exchange ticket, is limited to the next 24 hours after you log for the first time!!!! For the people who started today, this offer will disappear tomorrow.

Next check the second screenshot. It shows another special offer that will disappear Saturday!!  The special offer is the following : there are 5 steps. You begin with step 1. Step 1 : you spend 100 DMM points to get 1 rare gatcha and to get to step 2. Step 2: you spend 500 points to get 2 rare gatchas and you go to step 3. Step 3: you spend 1500 points and get 3 gatchas while the probability to get a SR rarity card is multiplied by 2. Step 4: you spend 2500 points and you get 5 gatchas while the probability to get a SSR rarity card is multiplied by 2. Step 5: you spend 5000 points to get 10 gatchas while the probability to get a SSR rarity card is multiplied by 2 AND you are sure to get at least one SSR card.

Next look at the third screenshot. This is not an event so there is no need to hurry. The button 3 shows what you can get with the probability. The button 1 consumes 1 G-crystal (the rainbow crystal) to get 1 gatcha. The button 2 consumes 10 G-crystals to get 11 gatchas while you are sure to get at least one SR card. You can get G-crystals by paying money and a few by doing quests, daily login and missions.

Finally examine the fourth screenshot. It's the same thing as the one just above except you get gatchas with in-game money (that you get by doing quests). However you can only get gatcha of rarity SR at the maximum. And I can confirm the probability is awful. 1% or something? At least it's free and fairly easy to get.

This is all for now. I'm sorry for my English mistakes but I'm in a hurry. If you play the game without knowing Japanese, I warm you that you can reinforce card by sacrificing another card. Be careful. You could easily throw away your precious SSR Meiya for nothing.

See you.

Gatcha_Screen_24h.pngGatcha_Screen_start.pngGatcha_Screen_rare.png

Gatcha_Screen_commun.png

EDIT : Two more news. The first is that the game is out for the next 3 hours. The second is that the developers said that there will be a multiplayer one day where you can play with your friends at the same time.

Edited by haloff1

Can confirm, got Sumika commander from the SSR exchange. What a generous gacha.

Various things to note:

In both the character and TSF pages, there are 4 tabs. The first one lets you lock certain characters/TSF so you don't accidentally sell or fuse them. The second lets you choose a base character/TSF, then up to 10 fodder units to level it up. You also have the option of using exp items instead, if you hit the button that says アイテム. The third lets you combine the same character/TSF to increase the lvl, heart, and skill lvl limits. There doesn't seem to be a downside to increasing limits as soon as possible, as the only thing that changes is the max limits. The fourth lets you sell off characters/TSF for gold. 

The white icon in the middle of the home page takes you to your headquarters, where you can upgrade 6 buildings. The one in the middle sets the level cap that the others can reach (the max level of the others is the level of the middle building +1), but also takes noticeably longer to upgrade. The one in the top right generates gold, so if you see a gold bubble then click on it to grab that. The other 4 have benefits for stats and skills, you can probably figure it out by hovering over them. 

Pay attention to the weapon that your TSF uses: sword or shield are melee, missile is a slow ranged attack with a circular AOE, the rifle is a little faster and a linear AOE. I haven't tried the machine gun yet, but I assume it would be as expected. If the mission is to break those things that only require one hit, switching to melee is better, since the attack animation is a lot faster. If there are lasers around, melee is also better since its easier to hit and run. Lasers can shoot through obstacles from off screen so watch out for them. The only thing that matters for getting an A or S rank is the time taken to finish, so you don't need to kill every last enemy if that's not the goal of the mission. 

Got an SSR Miki from a 50 crystal pull.

This never occurred to me until now; d'oh.

My friend code is 25493755. Let's all add each other and borrow our god-tier supports (mine is currently Yui in an SR Shiranui)!

On 9/21/2016 at 6:33 AM, threepwood007 said:

This never occurred to me until now; d'oh.

My friend code is 25493755. Let's all add each other and borrow our god-tier supports (mine is currently Yui in an SR Shiranui)!

That's a good idea, mine's 21401121

Mine's 25723734. 

Another note: the daily missions are to use the second and fourth tabs for characters and TSFs. In other words, level up a character with either another character or an item, sell a character, and then do the same with TSFs. You should be able to get fodder to sell through the normal gacha. 

Just started a sub-reddit for this game. Going to make a banner and code in some sprites to get it up and running.

Ok I added quite a lot to the wikia but it is still much less than expected. I will not add anything else this weekend but I will complete it during the week. About my ID, you can add me, I have the purple SSR Takemikazuchi with SSR Meiya. My id is 26092595. About the reddit, I think it's a good idea, I will check it out once it's ready.

Edited by haloff1

Been playing it a bit now. Definitely better ML game than Next Answer which I used to play before this. Game is still suffering from bugs ranging from random disconnects, stamina not showing like it should or friendlist being bugged among other things. Gameplay itself has its issues too, like TSF's getting stuck into walls. Yesterday dev team improved the game by adding +20 stamina for everyone and lowering stamina recharge from 5 minutes to 3.

Current Minori event is kinda bare bones, so I'm hoping for future events having more story content in them too and not just few missions and special cards to get. Well, even with my complaints, I've enjoyed this game.

I'll think about adding people to my friendlist when its possible, since currently game does not let me add more than 20 people.

Might as well post my current pilot cards. My only worthwhile TSF's right now are SSR SU-47E and XFJ-01a

002.jpg

34 minutes ago, haloff1 said:

Ok I added quite a lot to the wikia but it is still much less than expected. I will not add anything this weekend but I will complete it during the week. About my ID, you can add me, I have the purple SSR Takemikazuchi with SSR Meiya. My id is 26092595. About the reddit, I think it's a good idea, I will check it out once it's ready.

While I don't need translations for gameplay mechanics and such, I'm still looking forward to translation of main story and such. I wish you luck with that and I hope you get the help you need with it.

I have subscribed to the subreddit!

Though on that note, I can't get into the game via android app even after clearing the cache (PC via browser is fine). Anyone else playing on the phone app?

3 hours ago, threepwood007 said:

I have subscribed to the subreddit!

Though on that note, I can't get into the game via android app even after clearing the cache (PC via browser is fine). Anyone else playing on the phone app?

I'm playing it on the Android and PC (Goes back and forth depending if I'm home or not). If you can't get into the game, uninstall it and reinstall it. That's what I did after the update they had 3 days ago and it totally screwed my Android Version of the game, so I uninstalled, reinstalled and worked like a charm.

Hey all, I'm still just ok at it so far - My ID is 26486677
Anybody got tips for that 3rd event mission? I can usually get her down to a few HP left before she just tanks me until time runs out :/

Untitled2.png

EDIT: Got it finally -  had to juggle with assault cannons to keep her from stacking her ability and keep her from tagging my partner with her shot. Apparently I don't have anybody with a defense-down ability :/

Edited by Aetherdeus

OK fam, i already play it until rank 25 so far, current gacha stones 19

I already done the main quest and saw all 5 stories, done events quest

I want to get more stones for gacha, is there no more quest left? just the daily one? or i will get another main quest if i rank up or level up my military position (currently i'm on the leftest side, 2nd from top)

i need a free gacha stone sources for doing the 50 before the events end, just wondering if there's any additional main quest.

also, this is my lates 50 event gacha, i didn't get SR Haruko that i really wanted, but i guess i can't be choosy

14359186_10207270329343745_4508951916182892738_n.jpg

No Stamina. Guess I'll show what I have up to now. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 8.38.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 8.38.12 AM.png

17 hours ago, Retro said:

Been playing it a bit now. Definitely better ML game than Next Answer which I used to play before this. Game is still suffering from bugs ranging from random disconnects, stamina not showing like it should or friendlist being bugged among other things. Gameplay itself has its issues too, like TSF's getting stuck into walls. Yesterday dev team improved the game by adding +20 stamina for everyone and lowering stamina recharge from 5 minutes to 3.

Current Minori event is kinda bare bones, so I'm hoping for future events having more story content in them too and not just few missions and special cards to get. Well, even with my complaints, I've enjoyed this game.

I'll think about adding people to my friendlist when its possible, since currently game does not let me add more than 20 people.

Might as well post my current pilot cards. My only worthwhile TSF's right now are SSR SU-47E and XFJ-01a

While I don't need translations for gameplay mechanics and such, I'm still looking forward to translation of main story and such. I wish you luck with that and I hope you get the help you need with it.

Ah I'm so jealous! You got Yui!! The card I want the most! Because I'm jealous, I'm not going to translate anything else anymore...

Just kidding. For the prologue you can find a brief summary in this thread p2. For the rest, I'm planning to do it next Saturday.

2 hours ago, Nexiva said:

OK fam, i already play it until rank 25 so far, current gacha stones 19

I already done the main quest and saw all 5 stories, done events quest

I want to get more stones for gacha, is there no more quest left? just the daily one? or i will get another main quest if i rank up or level up my military position (currently i'm on the leftest side, 2nd from top)

i need a free gacha stone sources for doing the 50 before the events end, just wondering if there's any additional main quest.

also, this is my lates 50 event gacha, i didn't get SR Haruko that i really wanted, but i guess i can't be choosy

Your only other source of G-crystals would be to log everyday and to raise affection of N rarity characters to level 500%. I recommend making a team full of N cards and to raise their affection to the max. This is the only stable source of crystals after the quests are done. I think you can get about 14 G-crystals per week like this. Yes this is very little so you should use your crystals very very carefully. I think the most efficient way is to keep them for event.

Well actually, the best source of income is the developers doing maintenances to fix their bugs and giving crystals to compensate. But unfortunately the game will quickly become less and less buggy...

Edited by haloff1

Question. Anyone know what the last three are and what I need to do to clear them?

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 8.50.26 PM.png

3 hours ago, KJO said:

Question. Anyone know what the last three are and what I need to do to clear them?

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 8.50.26 PM.png

Top: "Overlimit" one TSF. It means sacrificing one TSF card to increase the max level of the same TSF card.

Bottom-left: Upgrade one character's skill. You do that by strengthening one of your character with another character with the same skill. Warning: it's currently bugged. Often it doesn't work.

Bottom-right : clear every beginner missions.

So I've been spamming mission 2 for the event since it's a reliable S-rank win, but the drop for Miss Love Interest seems absurdly low; I think I got one once early on but never again. Anyone else getting luckier than me?

Yes, the probability is between 1 and 5%. Personally I have cleared the hard and medium difficulty missions more than 30 times yet nothing.I gave up and decided instead to spend my stamina and time on daily missions.

That's weird. I cleared all the available beginner missions and yet the thing isn't unlocked?

Pretty sure the missions refers to the other stamps, meaning you need to clear all the other ones to get it. Notice how the text in yellow matches the text at the top. 

I started with 2 copies of Minori through the pre-reg gacha, and I picked up a couple through the event. 2016-09-26.png2016-09-26 (1).png

Also, what browsers are you guys using to play? I'm using chrome but it's been buggy as hell, with recent out-of-memory crashes for the stories and various other issues (For instance, the 325 stamina that I don't actually have, which leads to an error if I try to start a quest). I know they recommend firefox, but I'm curious if it's actually any better. 

2 hours ago, oobie10 said:

Pretty sure the missions refers to the other stamps, meaning you need to clear all the other ones to get it. Notice how the text in yellow matches the text at the top. 

I started with 2 copies of Minori through the pre-reg gacha, and I picked up a couple through the event. 

Also, what browsers are you guys using to play? I'm using chrome but it's been buggy as hell, with recent out-of-memory crashes for the stories and various other issues (For instance, the 325 stamina that I don't actually have, which leads to an error if I try to start a quest). I know they recommend firefox, but I'm curious if it's actually any better. 

I don't know seems like the stamps aren't the issue.

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 2.56.26 PM.png

I'm running mine on Chrome and Android. The extra stamina happens regardless and is like a server/desync glitch (Not sure if they'll fix this in the future) The error when you try to start a quest happens because you either have been in idle for too long and the game once again desynced (Only happens when you sortie but doing other tasks like fusing, doesn't seem to trigger the error) Or if you have less gems than you have to do the Mission but you launched the sortie anyways because it displayed 325/52 Stamina even though the real number was much less to even launch the mission.

Edited by KJO

I use Firefox and Android as well and they're both stable about 80% of the time before erroring out.

The latest maintenance notes (started 9/26 14:00 Japan Time) mentions that the mission to "clear all missions" failing to clear has been fixed, so I don't know. Did you get the other two missions (left and bottom left) on the pink sheet cleared? When I said other stamps, I meant all 17 others, not just the orange sheet. Otherwise, the only other mention of missions in game that I can find is the clipboard at the top, and I doubt those are what it's referring to, since the sheets are meant to be beginner missions that can be cleared pretty easily. 

Can someone elaborate. How to upgrade one character's skill. (Which I've probably done it a few times during the bug but I just want to be sure now) I understand the idea of getting the character of choice then using another character with the same skill to do it. But I see like 2 options to do that e.g. Having duplicates of a card to increase the hearts/level cap by 5 or getting extra cards to level the character up. (Also does it have to be character or TSF?)

Edited by KJO