Allen750

[Old] Muv-Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

678 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, haloff1 said:

Sorry I made a mistake everyone! The game actually begins next month... Up till next month, you can choose your second card! Also, if you roll 7 times everyday from now on, you will have rolled 210 times before the release! You will be able to get for free and for sure the awesome and beautiful Meiya SSR card! If you don't understand Japanese, ask away,  I will help you in the name of Luv!

You're a bloody hero. I almost cried with joy when I saw I could still make 150 rolls. WOOOOO!

EDIT: There's a wiki! It's super sparse but if you a fan let's head over and let the creator know we're all on board. Info sharing is gonna be huge for the initial rush.

<http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/Muv-Luv_Alternative_Strike_Frontier_Wikia>

Edited by threepwood007

Wish I'd seen this before I was stuck rerolling for my 2nd card without a 1st card ;.;

Damn, never managed to get an SSR before the drops changed. 

Part of me wants to keep that Tsukuyomi over the SRs, her IRG suit looks so much better than the UN version. 

Gotten lucky with my rolls it seems. Didn't get Takemikazuchi 00R from first gacha, but I'm fine with this too.

rolls.jpg

I got myself a little Miki-tan SR. Only seen one other card (some lame, generic TSF) at that rarity so far, and it was nowhere near cool enough to give up Miki, I tell you whut -.-

Really wish I'd seen this sooner so I wouldn't have to cry a little each time I pass up that Tsukuyomi R card (at least once per day so far since I started). Glad I noticed in time to get that Meiya card later, at least.

Edited by sikotik13

Damn, I'm jealous of you Retro, I so wanted that Yui Gotcha...

I myself got  SR Ayamine Kei and SR Takemikazuchi. Not the best but quite alright I think.

@About translation of the manga

I'm thinking of translating the small MLSF manga and posting the scan on the wiki but is it legal?

Edited by haloff1

Okay, I guess I have to quit saying the gacha hates me now...

Still wish I'd caught it in time to get a first card, though. Giving up Miki was harder on me than I thought:/

muvluvalt.PNG

Well, it went pretty great!
Got my waifu and based Cryska. Sadly no Meiya or Sumika but its ok.

Cattura.PNG

Well, the update's launched  - I hope you all got your SSR Sumika last time, 'cause now it's a slot machine and she's the 777 0.o

Also, your previous entry counter will give you bonus spins at a rate of 5:1 in addition to the one daily spin

I swear, these guys make a mean gacha simulator. I've also decided said simulator loves to troll me. There I am, thinking,

Well cool, I'm not really a Sumika fan, but I got it already, so maybe I'l get lucky and get a gacha ticket or two so I can try for a Cryska later. I love me some Cryska as well, yessir. Plus, I already have the Sumika SSR and it's supposed to be the least likely thing to get gotten. So, there's no logical reason to ask for more than a sweet, sweet gacha ticket to pin my hopes on for future Cryska luv.

So... guess who got a lot of the lowest two things and one more freaking Sumika? If your guess was "this jerk whining because he just got two of the Sumika SSR cards, like an *******," you are correct, sir or ma'am. I just wanted a Cryska and/or a gacha ticket. Seriously, I cried inside three different times when the first two slots were tickets and then I got those stupid stones (what are those supposed to be for, anyway? I presume some sort of card-leveling gems or something?) after the last was something different. Started double clicking after that, and didn't even check until I was out of spins. #firstworldproblems

nuluv.PNG

Edited by sikotik13

The worst prize is gacha points, presumably once the game actually starts. It says that 200pts are 1 spin, so its essentially carrying over bad spins here for one more gacha spin later. There's also a note by the 4th place prize that 50 of those premium gems is a 10+1 spin on the rare gacha. And I haven't really looked, but if the game has card evolve mechanics for combining the same card together, then you're probably in a really good spot with that. 

Ah, thanks for the explanation. The Google Translator app has a hell of a time with the way the characters are colored/distorted, and I'm barely comfortable with hearing and understanding some relatively common stuff in Japanese, let alone reading much of anything. Amazingly, I can usually figure the games themselves out just fine, how to play, where to go, etc, I just usually have to make up my own story to go with it :p.

Here's my rolls. Kinda disappointed that I didn't get any SRs(got two of the same but never the three), but this looks pretty good. By the way, does anyone know when the game actually begins?

제목 없음.png

Edited by parj789

idk what the new update's all about, but clicky clicky and here we go

AAAAND IT'S LIVE!

Happy BETA hunting everyone!

Anyone other than me getting a seemingly permanent Unity error in the game? Interestingly, via the console, it appears some transition declarations have been dropped. A lot of them.

41 minutes ago, sikotik13 said:

Anyone other than me getting a seemingly permanent Unity error in the game? Interestingly, via the console, it appears some transition declarations have been dropped. A lot of them.

Nah, I'm getting it too.

1 hour ago, sikotik13 said:

1 hour ago, Reizei said:

Nah, I'm getting it too.

Had the same problem with Chrome browser. Loading tutorial battle got stuck at 44%. Switching to Firefox browser fixed this and game plays fine now. Game asks you to install that Unity thing on Firefox before that though.

This seems to be beta test of some kind, so everything we achieve might get erased when beta ends.

I was worried at not getting to log in but we've got a new message now:
事前登録は終了いたしました。
本ゲームのリリースをお待ちください。
Looks like all the prereg games are done and we're just waiting for release now! Hrm, I never did get a Sumika or F-22 :/

Sorry guys I should have kept you informed earlier.
 Here is what happened and what is going to happen. 

So earlier today they released the open beta. During a short time you could read the prologue and play the game. However not too long after they closed the open beta. Why? Because the game is not finished yet. There are many bugs left and they just wanted to get some input from users. Now the game will be back to the slot machine starting from tomorrow and up till Thursday. Friday the open beta will be opened again for 4 hours. And then we don't know. Most likely they are going to take the beta down again, fix some bugs and open it again. And again for some time, I guess at least one week, two weeks.

So I had the chance to play the beta and I read the prologue. Here is the summary. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read (that's it, if you can understand Japanese Lol).

You are a japanese high student like Takeru and you are living with the neighborhood girl who you know since childhood. Your parents left and the parents of the girl asked her to take care of you (in other words to cook and to wake you up). Because you know each other since childhood, you two are very good friends. At least, the main character, you, seems to believe it. The girl on the other hand most likely loves you but you are obvious to it. It's like Takeru and Sumika. You and the girl, her name is Minori, talk about how come she didn't have yet a boyfriend even though she is very popular (she was a model in middle school or high school... I don't remember well). Then you ask her to go find someone and to ask him on a date tomorrow. Then she asks you out but you believe it's like usual, to buy foods for cooking. The two of you plans to go out tomorrow morning

The next morning something happens. The city is destroyed and when you look behind you your house is no more. You guessed it, you were transported to Muv Luv Alternative, just like Takeru. But fortunately for you, you are not alone. Minori is here with you, as puzzled as you if no more.

The both of you explores the ruin of the city to find someone alive and finally they find the Yokohama base. The guards arrest them and some time later Yuuko greets them and explains to them that this is a parallel world. Important detail : Takeru already went to this world. We don't see him but Yuuko and the guards mention him. After talking, you and Minori are sent to your dorm , a room just for the both of you.

On the way to your dorm, you meet Meiya at the training field. Then you meet Marumo-chan who guides you to your dorm. She explains the rule and one of them is to never go out of your room.

Several days later, Yuuko calls you and Minori to test a game she made using the technology she learnt from the smartphone that Minori had with her when you were teleported. This game is Muv Luv Strike Frontier. That's right, in Muv Luv Strike Frontier you play Muv Luv Strike Frontier developed by yours sincerely Yuuko-sama. Be grateful.

About the gameplay, I couldn't play much so I don't know much yet. Any question?

Edited by haloff1

1 person likes this

That explains why it was working fine in Chrome for me (got through the intro prologue and tutorial, plus a tiny bit of gameplay before the error). I thought it was odd to have Unity errors when I already have Unity player installed in both Chrome and Firefox and neither worked. Also thanks for the translation summary!

I had the opportunity to play the open beta again. I don't have time to explain the gameplay now but I will let you know that from tomorrow midnight (Japanese time) the slot machine will resume. But this time the probability to get a reward from 1 to 8 is increased by five. You can also roll 2 times per day. Monday midnight the slot machine will close again, probably for another open beta (or the release maybe).                                 

EDIT: The official release is scheduled for next week Tuesday 11:00am (Japan time)!! For both the pc and android version. I will spend the next weekend translating as much as possible the game. You can expect a detailed summary of the main story (at least the part I have unlocked) and the character card story that I have. Of course I will also explain how to play and how to play well. Also how to navigate though the interface etc...Everything will be on the wiki so be sure to check it!

Edited by haloff1

2 people like this

On 9/15/2016 at 8:16 PM, haloff1 said:

EDIT: The official release is scheduled for next week Tuesday 11:00am (Japan time)!! For both the pc and android version. I will spend the next weekend translating as much as possible the game. You can expect a detailed summary of the main story (at least the part I have unlocked) and the character card story that I have. Of course I will also explain how to play and how to play well. Also how to navigate though the interface etc...Everything will be on the wiki so be sure to check it!

You are a god among mortals! I'm rained in in Kyoto so I figure I'll stumble around for a few hours and try not to lose anything permanently.

Just to clarify, is this the wiki you speak of? <http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/Muv-Luv_Alternative_Strike_Frontier_Wikia>