Allen750

[Old] Muv-Luv Alternative Strike Frontier

678 posts in this topic

Edit: The game seems to be out now. I had Astrill, but that expired. Anyone know a free VPN? Tunnelbear shows a NJ IP when I choose Japan as a tunnel.

http://www.dmm.com/netgame/feature/muv-luv.html (If the link doesn't work, google the title of this thread.)

So I'm trying to register... anyone else try? I have a VPN and DMM account, but I can't tell if this button (see attached image) is the right one or not.

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 9.53.11 PM.png

Edited by Connor Krammer
Rename and lock thread, as original poster can no longer maintain it.

2 people like this

What's the problem? Are you getting an error or something?

47 minutes ago, Reizei said:

What's the problem? Are you getting an error or something?

I just don't know what I'm doing. Spent about 40 minutes clicking on just about everything, and I think I'm registered, but I'm not sure. Hopefully it's not locked down like Kancolle.

I don't remember doing anything special since I already have a DMM account. Are you making it to this screen?

2016-05-01.png

Yes. I'm guessing that's it? I cycled through the websites and pretty much clicked on everything possible (including what you just posted).

Is there anything else that lets me know I've registered?

(The game looks great. Is it free to play?)

The game isn't out yet as far as I can tell. That screen says something like "Thank you for pre-registering! Please come back when the service is live."  There's also a promotional SSR Meiya being given out for pre registration for when the game goes live. No idea when release is estimated to be, haven't seen a date anywhere. You should be all set for now. And ya, it should be free, just like the rest of DMM games. Will most likely have some micro-transactions. I'm also really excited for it, looks like a blast if you enjoy games like Kancolle. I'm really interested in the battle mechanics.

Edited by Reizei

On 5/1/2016 at 2:56 AM, Reizei said:

The game isn't out yet as far as I can tell. That screen says something like "Thank you for pre-registering! Please come back when the service is live."  There's also a promotional SSR Meiya being given out for pre registration for when the game goes live. No idea when release is estimated to be, haven't seen a date anywhere. You should be all set for now. And ya, it should be free, just like the rest of DMM games. Will most likely have some micro-transactions. I'm also really excited for it, looks like a blast if you enjoy games like Kancolle. I'm really interested in the battle mechanics.

Sweet, thanks for your answer. I was just thinking how great a Muv-Luv video game would be and viola... 

Edited by Allen750
Connor sucks. Crappy moderator.

*looks at Starlight Stage on his phone with 4 SSR idorus all maxed out and the probably $200+ he's spent on that game over the past few years*

*opens the dmm link*

Here we go again...

1 person likes this

Do you definitely need a VPN via Japan to get in?

EDIT: Regardless, Tunnelbear worked and I got that screen Reizei posted. Onward to glory.

Edited by threepwood007
New Information!

Wait, is Muv-Luv hopping onto the Free-to-Play MMO bandwagon? And is someone planning to make a translation patch for this one like they did with Kancolle?

Man, best roll I've had so far in the pre-release Gacha is the HR Shiranui... I DID get the SR Sakaki once, but I don't like Sakaki so I kept rolling.

21 hours ago, HYuy said:

I DID get the SR Sakaki once, but I don't like Sakaki so I kept rolling.

A cultured man of taste I see.

Also damn son, $200 dollars? Were there any good yuuko cards at least?

Rolling pre gacha too. Got myself SR Fubuki right now. I probably wouldnt even had bothered with this gacha, if they werent offering Meiya SSR for "free" after 150 rolls. Can't say no to that. I need more Meiya in my life.

I hope that twitter roll count will be taken away tomorrow or something. Its buggy as hell.

roll count.jpg

Got SR Ayamine! Woohoo!

KzDCvRx.jpg

1 person likes this

I got lucky first 2 rolls, SR Ayamine then SR Sakaki (obviously kept Ayamine). 

1 person likes this

Welp, I give up. Let me know when the beta is ready.

Edited by Allen750
clear font

8 hours ago, Allen750 said:

Welp, I give up. Let me know when the beta is ready.

You should continue with the rolls. If I'm not wrong, by the time you rolled 150 times you can unlock a guaranteed ingame SSR Meiya card.

(Asked my friend to help translate the page and that's what he told me)

11 hours ago, Svenhent said:

You should continue with the rolls. If I'm not wrong, by the time you rolled 150 times you can unlock a guaranteed ingame SSR Meiya card.

(Asked my friend to help translate the page and that's what he told me)

Yup, the pic below the twitter feed/lineup of cards you can roll shows the SSR meiya you get for rolling 150 times. 

Edit: Also, in case anyone is having troubles with DMM, you can access the site w/o a Japanese VPN if you go through the 18+ version of DMM (dmm.co.jp), rather than the all-ages (dmm.com). 

Edited by oobie10
adding an aside and avoiding double-post

1 person likes this

Still rolling. I have no idea what's the point of it all though (yeah, ok, cards, characters, mechas... I get to use them in the game)... hopefully the BETA is baller.

Someone please explain the page with the rolling and the cards...

Edited by Allen750

On 05/07/2016 at 5:27 PM, Allen750 said:

Still rolling. I have no idea what's the point of it all though (yeah, ok, cards, characters, mechas... I get to use them in the game)... hopefully the BETA is baller.

Someone please explain the page with the rolling and the cards...

So basically the game hasn't begun yet. You can only get cards, more precisely one card that you will use to fight when the game begins. Check the video on youtube to see what the gameplay looks like.

For now, everyday you can roll 5 times (7 if you use your tweeter account) and either keep your current card or change it (選択する).

So I got lucky, but I didn't realize that rolling 150 times earned a Meiya. Shucks; I'm not gonna make it in time.

However, doesn't pre-registration alone get you a Meiya to start? Or is this what that pre-reg thing was referring to?

yui.png

On 7/6/2016 at 8:43 AM, haloff1 said:

So basically the game hasn't begun yet. You can only get cards, more precisely one card that you will use to fight when the game begins. Check the video on youtube to see what the gameplay looks like.

For now, everyday you can roll 5 times (7 if you use your tweeter account) and either keep your current card or change it (選択する).

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll keep rolling. I keep getting no-bodies. One cool mech so far.

Sorry I made a mistake everyone! The game actually begins next month... Up till next month, you can choose your second card! Also, if you roll 7 times everyday from now on, you will have rolled 210 times before the release! You will be able to get for free and for sure the awesome and beautiful Meiya SSR card! If you don't understand Japanese, ask away,  I will help you in the name of Luv!

1 person likes this