Klashvorn

ChuShinGura 46+1

23 posts in this topic

Since @THN mentioned it in the post above and seemed pretty eager for it, I figured I'd start a topic about this as the Prefundia is up and it saves him some time :)

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/chusingura461-a-visual-novel-with-moe-samurai-girls/8904/

Gotta say though, I'm pretty confused at how the name changes from ChuShinGura to ChuSinGura and vice versa. Be consistent dang it ! xD

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, this could be a good exercise for pointing out things that are missing, vague or whatever really. This could end up being good feedback to submit prior to restarting their actual crowdfunding campaign.

As with a few other projects which were brought up until now, I'll be an observer so trying to get me into this might not work @THN haha :P

1 person likes this

Interesting. I've heard good words about this VN. I'll certainly back it.

By the way, "sin" or "shin" is the same, it just depends on how you romanize Japanese.

A little bit of triva: There are two main methods of romanization, Hepburn and Kunrei. While the former is the most often seen (in this case, "shin") I've often seen Japanese people using the Kunrei method (and that becomes "sin"). It's a little disturbing at first but after a while, you get used to both :P

4 hours ago, cabfe said:

I've heard good words about this VN. I'll certainly back it.

ditto

Not for my tastes, and they are going for a steam version of the mobile version, so I'm gonna pass on this one.

On 4/16/2016 at 0:42 PM, cabfe said:

By the way, "sin" or "shin" is the same, it just depends on how you romanize Japanese.

A little bit of triva: There are two main methods of romanization, Hepburn and Kunrei. While the former is the most often seen (in this case, "shin") I've often seen Japanese people using the Kunrei method (and that becomes "sin"). It's a little disturbing at first but after a while, you get used to both :P

Yeah, figured as much but I'm merely pointing out a consistency issue really.

Like, no one would normally switch methods in the middle of writing even if there are several options available, right ? This sounds odd and doesn't make much sense.

4 minutes ago, Klashvorn said:

Yeah, figured as much but I'm merely pointing out a consistency issue really.

Like, no one would normally switch methods in the middle of writing even if there are several options available, right ? This sounds odd and doesn't make much sense.

The only places where it's written "sin" is in the title and the pictures. It's most probably some material made by another person.

All the text is consistent with "shin" if you don't look at the pictures.

All the more reason to point it out, this has to be consistent across the board or else it might show lack of editing/polishing and/or attention to details, whether this is true or not.

It doesn't take much for some people to be critical so it's best to be ahead of the game so to speak :)

I was going to comment on the prefundia, in regards to how confusing it is. But the existing comments already cover my concerns.
On a different note, i didn't realise it was the "  mobage " version of the VN( I hope not).

I can only hope they read the comments, reply and improve the page.

i hope this succeeds so i can learn from yatou how to become an account. 

9156779b3c15f9de53456dafccde995e_original.jpg

1 person likes this

I really want to play this game, but I don't trust these guys enough to donate money.

1 person likes this

As said before, this is a fair reaction considering what's happened so far. I'm not surprised by your comment @Ian.

The Prefundia didn't last long and the Kickstarter's been up for a few days already.

Should be reason enough for them to pick up the pace and show they mean business. One would hope so at least haha :)

On 16/4/2016 at 9:40 AM, Klashvorn said:

Since @THN mentioned it in the post above and seemed pretty eager for it, I figured I'd start a topic about this as the Prefundia is up and it saves him some time :)

Apologies for the radio silence! I've been quite busy lately. Thank God @Klashvorn is here to fight the good fighting!

On 16/4/2016 at 9:40 AM, Klashvorn said:

As with a few other projects which were brought up until now, I'll be an observer so trying to get me into this might not work @THN haha :P

I wish I could! But as you can see... The relaunch goes South. It's sad, really... The waifus are lovely, the artwork is stunning and, judging by the updates, the historical background seems very well researched...

9dd6bda719d515d07ba88e76bf27aeb1_original.jpg

But despite Prefundia's suggestions, the project creator didn't learn from their mistakes.

Reading the comments' section is depressing (even moreso compared to The Letter or Quantum Suicide* parody songs and fanart)... I mean, we all know some projects won't make it (Dai-Shogun and Chika Chika Idol are good, recent examples), but even if creators don't have a clue about advertisement on social media, at least you can feel the passion. That's not the case here.

* Welcome to our happy family, by the way!

I've been on both ChuSinGura (or ChuSingura) campaigns since the beginning, And I hope they succeed (miracles happen!) But if they don't, I hope the game goes to another company with a better bussiness plan and marketing strategy, like Age/Degica, Mikandi Japan or Sekai Project.

Edited by THN

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, THN said:

I wish I could!

Haha, I'm not that easily swayed :P

9 hours ago, THN said:

The waifus are lovely

I-It's not about the quantity ! xD

But yes, I really don't understand what's happening in this case.

Why the rush for relaunching the campaign anyway ? Are they on a timer set by a partner ? Because one problem they'll be facing in the future if they do keep on trying is that this will not be easily forgotten by potential backers for instance. I mean, even lack of communication has its limits, as well as making use of feedback. If you're going to be offended at every criticism and only pick the positive words out of the bunch, why are you even pitching for a project ? This is one of the risks involved in this type of endeavor, this is no self satisfying ego trip. People can be harsh at times, sure, but you can be damn sure some of them wouldn't do so if they didn't trust in you and your project.

See who's actually passionate and who's just bashing for the heck of it. But this takes time, and actual care.

1 person likes this

You should know too that Japan Content has some strange ties to/seems to be the same as b2g studio (including lifting off entire chunks of the description of a previous project in the first kickstarter), which tried to fund 2 otome games previously also unsuccessfully (and with the same problems as this current project).

The strange nature of all their KS, which always include translating from mobile versions and tremendously high ineptitude in general (not only in their social media; the description itself are always were choke full of mistakes, what few translations appear are very stiff, etc) has always baffled me. It doesn't help that somehow, after failing each project, they get a bigger one, and they also always raise the goal too.

In all cases, juts forget about them. I even managed to forget this project was restarted for almost a month

There has clearly been a lack in communication among their own teams:

"Our Kickstarter team was not informed of the existence of the Prefundia until after we clicked launch on the Kickstarter."

(Source)

How can it go smoothly in these conditions?

What a shame. I hope this project will have better luck next time.

@Marx-93

I wasn't aware of this, thanks for pointing it out ! :)

6 hours ago, cabfe said:

There has clearly been a lack in communication among their own teams:

"Our Kickstarter team was not informed of the existence of the Prefundia until after we clicked launch on the Kickstarter."

(Source)

How could this be ? Something's really really off.

To be honest, at this point I think it will be almost easier to believe if this was a hoax. Yet there's also a lot of things that points that it isn't...

A demo of this game is now on Steam, with English and Japanese text.

3 hours ago, Ian said:

A demo of this game is now on Steam, with English and Japanese text.

Are you sure this is a demo?

It looks like the full game with its 3GB download. Or maybe it stops playing at some point?

Edit: after some searching, it looks like it's the first chapter only. So, yeah, a demo.

Edited by cabfe
Searching for the why

Nah. It's not worth it if I can't play the whole game.

8 hours ago, Klashvorn said:

Might as well share the Steam page here : http://store.steampowered.com/app/464780/

Is anyone planning on giving this a shot by the way ? I mean, it is a free 3Gb demo so...

There are a lot of good VNs and games for less than 3GB, that's too much for a demo.

14 hours ago, FaceEater said:

There are a lot of good VNs and games for less than 3GB, that's too much for a demo.

Fair enough, could be the start of an episodic release... except the remaining ones won't be free obviously.

1 person likes this