Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
invalidname

Vote-rigging for fun and light novels

10 posts in this topic

@DrunkMitsuki was right: rigging polls is fun.

Vertical, which publishes manga and light novels in English, is running one of their semi-annual polls. The usual stuff: how old are you, what do you buy, hey is Barnes & Noble still in business… that kind of thing. The third and final page has an open-response section for requesting manga and light novels they could license.

You know, like all the Muv-Luv printed stuff we don't have here. Hint hint.

Caveat: their guidance says not to request manga over 10 volumes, which knocks out the Muv-Luv Alternative manga (already on vol 15, and only just starting Operation Cherry Blossom). However, the light novels of Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken are only 6 and 7 volumes, respectively, and they're not from a publisher that's off-limits to Vertical's licensing, so it seems like they're fair game.

Y'know, like, if all of us wanted to see how Total Eclipse really ended, or wanted a non-rushed version of Schwarzesmarken.

One tip: the light novel textbox only has room for one entry, and it must be under 30 characters. So pick one or the other, and if you want TE, keep in mind that "Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse" is 35 characters, so figure out how to abbreviate it.

sm1.jpg

Edited by invalidname

1 person likes this

There's not nearly enough of me in these books. But it's for a good cause, so I'll allow it.

If only buying american published manga/LN wasn't 3 times more expensive than buying the japanese one...

As far as I know, it's common for light novels to have a huge name full of bullshit, why the 30 characters limit?

14 minutes ago, FaceEater said:

As far as I know, it's common for light novels to have a huge name full of bullshit, why the 30 characters limit?

It's their polite way of saying "for the love of god, don't suggest The Irregular At Magic High School."

2 people like this

So I was thinking earlier, it's not that much of a pipe-dream to think Vertical might actuall go for it -- they've had good results with their Gundam The Origin manga, so they could market Muv-Luv as "hey, you like the real robots genre, try this too"

Speaking of publishing, @DrunkMitsuki, Vertical can't publish The Irregular At Magic High School, because Yen Press already does.

Back to Muv-Luv light novels: Evan at Alternative Projects discovered a while back (and KiminozoGuy tweeted it) that there was a Chinese-language edition of the Muv-Luv Extra light novel that had an English version of the Muv-Luv logo:

CQylUnlWIAAdN9-.jpg

Edited by invalidname

2 people like this

1 minute ago, invalidname said:

Speaking of publishing, @DrunkMitsuki, Vertical can't publish The Irregular At Magic High School, because Yen Press already does.

Going after that "literate incestuous teen" market, I guess?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to sit this one out. With such restrictive (only one novel request?) and confusing ("Which genres are you most interested in?" I don't know, what's an "Alternative Manga?") questions, there's no way I can give constructive feedback.

Edited by Ian

I don't care who the publisher is as long as we get more novels.

3 people like this

Vertical just tweeted that today is the last day for their fan survey, so if you're going to stuff the ballot box for Muv-Luv, please do so soon.