StevenTNguyen

Any word on the Steam Beta?

21 posts in this topic

They said in their last update that they were working towards early April.

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 2.59.44 AM.png

39 minutes ago, jmaisonet said:

They said in their last update that they were working towards early April.

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 2.59.44 AM.png

Ah I must have missed that. Thank you!

I understand they're targeting early April, and they're not sure when it's going to be done.  But seeing as how "early April" is almost over, some sort of status update on the Beta would be greatly appreciated.  Even if it's not going to be done in the estimated window, it'd be cool to have some idea of when it will be out or maybe even a reason as to why it's not ready yet.

I'm not saying in any way that I think they should be rushing it out the door, I'm just curious as to whether we're dealing with "oh it'll be out in a few more days" or "somehow we have Chizuru's arc all out of order, so we need a few more weeks until we'll have a beta ready."  After the performance of many infamous kickstarters with significant delays (no significant delays with Muv-Luv yet, thankfully), I find any lack of transparency to immediately be discomforting.  With their Twitter silent for the past few days as well, I can only hope that this silence is simply coming from all those involved having their heads turned down towards their work, or something similar.

2 people like this

I think they are probably busy trying to get the beta ready and out.  That update is only from the 25th of March, which is just over two weeks.  Think about how many months and sometimes years go between updates on fan translations; Obviously we have to hold them to a higher standard as professionals who've been paid, but I think they are doing a good job of keeping us up to date.  If things push into second half of april without news then it's fair to be a bit irritated if they don't say anything, but the scale of time is pretty small all in all.

I am also craving news and them beta codes, but if it's a choice between them working on the game or keeping an intricately detailed progress chart I'll wait an extra week or two for the game.

The team is busy managing multiple events for Muv-Luv including translation / beta / promotional events etc.

There's a lot of back and forth that needs to be done on both sides.

We are trying to not to flood you all with one-liner updates by the way, we want each status update to be meaingful and full of content. There should be news coming up in the next update very soon.

5 people like this

On 4/14/2016 at 5:11 PM, Hirei said:

The team is busy managing multiple events for Muv-Luv including translation / beta / promotional events etc.

There's a lot of back and forth that needs to be done on both sides.

We are trying to not to flood you all with one-liner updates by the way, we want each status update to be meaingful and full of content. There should be news coming up in the next update very soon.

Thank you for the update! Hopefully it won't take too much longer

On 4/18/2016 at 5:55 PM, StevenTNguyen said:

Thank you for the update! Hopefully it won't take too much longer

On 5/7/2016 at 9:18 AM, my_name_is_bob said:

They will surely deliver.

waiting Skeleton.png

soon(tm)

1 person likes this

I think the beta got to the staff before they could get the game out. =P

I'll just pretend that the poll was a direct response to my last post =p

9 hours ago, kingrisen said:

When I read "next month" I remember TE PC... I also remember when they said March, April, May, and early June.

Shh...

It's just a ploy by Degica so that we have exactly the same experience that the Japanese users, what with Age's usual delays. Look forward to 3 years of waiting for Alternative~~

3 people like this

"We're planning on releasing Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited in March of 2016, followed by Muv-Luv Alternative in Summer 2016."

So, we are almost june and still nothing... 

and if there is no problem we will get Alternative in summer 2017!!

Regarding the recent Twitter question, for clarification :

muv-luv-question-2016-05-15.png

muv-luv-extra-unlimited-translation.png

Edited by Klashvorn
Oops ! Already linked ! Changing content :P

Regarding today's update, any chance you could provide a full size screenshot instead of a small preview?

its hard to see the CG improvements. 

Well, the BETA's officially not gonna happen, and the tentative month for the first VN release is July according to the latest update. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1558462

To be honest, I kinda expected something like this to happen. Degica's earlier estimates were way too good to be true.

But if people can wait three years for Muv-Luv Alternative and over 5 years for The Winds of Winter, I don't think we got a bad deal at all.

Is much luv alternative getting a later release this really isn't very clear?

Yes, Extra+Unlimited being released later than initially expected (mid-July according to update #30) also pushes back Alternative a bit.