cheer up

Pillow cover

15 posts in this topic

Where would I go to look into buying a pillow case besides backing tiers? The tier with the pillow cover was a bit too much but I'd still like to purchase one if I may somehow. I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question but it seemed like the appropriate one.

Without looking into my BackerKit, I could've swore you're able to pick a pillow as an add-on in the survey. I could be wrong though. If not, then you are pretty much outta luck unless you decide to purchase an already existing pillow online.

@Ikaruga

The surveys have been locked down except for pledges including pillowcases actually (both tier and addon).

@cheer up

Judging by your words, you can't afford spending extra so that's why you didn't choose to include one until now ? Are you asking if these will be Kickstarter/BackerKit exclusives and not available in the future ?

Oh, also ! Gotta draw attention :D

*/poke @The Muv-Luv Team*

You can get the Beatrix one at âge's online shop, the Yashiro one at 5pb/MAGES online shop, and the blonde one at amazon.

2 people like this

@FaceEater Thank you! Do you know of the sumika one?

@Klashvorn Yeah that's what I meant. The tier with the pillow was like 400 usd but there were things in it I really didn't care for.

Edited by cheer up

I forgot to up my pledge to include a marimo daki before everything got locked in.  Hopefully those weren't entirely kickstarter exclusive..

Edited by tBanzai

17 minutes ago, tBanzai said:

I forgot to up my pledge to include a marimo daki before everything got locked in.  Hopefully those weren't entirely kickstarter exclusive..

I don't know for sure if the dakis will be sold normally at retail after everything from the KS is shipped out, but I'm certain that the Marimo daki along with some others being offered are specially drawn for the KS. Maybe after everything is shipped out, Degica might still have some dakis leftover in stock or something. That'll probably be your best bet if you didn't want to buy it off someone.

1 person likes this

I wonder if Japan will be getting a release of the KS dakis.  I can't imagine that they'd be too happy across the big pond if they don't.

13 minutes ago, tBanzai said:

I wonder if Japan will be getting a release of the KS dakis.  I can't imagine that they'd be too happy across the big pond if they don't.

they had an equal chance of getting the dakis, why would they be upset?

Kickstarter isn't usually promoted very well in Japan.  In practice, making goods exclusive to kickstarter is locking out a pretty significant customer base in Japan if only because Kickstarter isn't at all any popular over there.

@tBanzai

I cant say for certain whether it was promoted as well as it was in the West, but there was pretty good coverage of the KS over in Japan.  Just because Kickstarter isnt a popular platform doesn't necessarily mean they didn't know about it. A good number of game sites, such as 4gamers,  gamespark, and dengeki, wrote about the Muv-Luv Kickstarter; there was also a few of threads on 2ch about it. age also sent out quite a few tweets along with mentioning the Kickstarter on their regularly scheduled niconico steams. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, tBanzai said:

Kickstarter isn't usually promoted very well in Japan.  In practice, making goods exclusive to kickstarter is locking out a pretty significant customer base in Japan if only because Kickstarter isn't at all any popular over there.

Since the dakis are for the kind of fans that would at least check the main site once per month or follow the twitter, they should have know about the KS.

13 hours ago, tBanzai said:

Two of them were sold at âge's online shop, one is still being sold at 5pb online shop, and one was sold before but don't know were.So 5 were KS exclusive, and that's a reason why people "bough" them.

Japanese people are used to "exclusive" things, with limited editions, preorder bonus and "privilege" (or whatever is called that shit you get only if you buy from a specificity store); they have no reason to be unhappy when they have been pulling the same kind of shit for a long time.

We're getting off track.  I brought up Japan since it's usually easier to get secnd hand merchandise in impeccable condition from Japan due to sites like Mandarake and Jungle.  I just wanted to know if there will be more releases in general whether it be in Japan or elsewhere, not start an argument about regional exclusives.

Edited by tBanzai

They mentioned something about an online store for any extra stock at the end, so I imagine that hoping for some leftovers of whichever character you want and snatching it up there is your best shot. Wouldn't surprise me if they sell out the dakis (if any) left over, and after that, I wouldn't count on a new release. Some might end up on resale, but the prices on those would likely be even higher. 

1 person likes this